Chele85

When to go mushy

Hi. I was banded last Wednesday, iv lost 5kgs so far :D

Im just wondering how to know whether to transition from liquids to mushies?

My dieticien told me 2 weeks but my surgeon said 1 week he would like me to try mushies.

Thanks

I was told 2 weeks too, but I couldn't last that long! I tried some scrambled eggs after 1 week, and I felt good after that, so I continued on from that.

Just go with how you are feeling.

Even now, I don't like to have solids in the morning - I usually have yoghurt and tinned/pureed fruit for breakfast, and then I have more solid foods for lunch and dinner.

• Like 1

Ok cool :) its been so far so good so I think I might try some mushies slowly like scrambled eggs for brekkie :)

Thankyou.

i was told 2 weeks saw the surgeon at one week and he told me to go for it, if it felt fine then continue if not stop and try again in a day or two, good luck :)

Eggs can be tricky with some people. At my green zone I can't do scrambled or fried but manage poached every now and then. My first mush was mushed sweet potato, pumpkin and swede which was quite runny.

I was told two weeks but I ended up very hungry on the liquid stage and so day 10 moved over very slowly. Tuna mornay is another favourite. Good Luck!

I def don't have eggs now as much as I did...but can still eat all the different ones (scrambled, fried, poached), but poached is now my favourite. After the eggs, a bolognaise sauce that I whizzed in the blender was one of my first mushies.

Well my first day on mudhies went well. I had scrambled egg for breakfast and didn't reel hungry till about 1.30 pm. For lunch I had mashed banana and prunes with custard. I got a little hungry at about 5 pm and dinner was still an hour away so I had 4 squares of dark chocolate. Dinner at 6 pm was mashed potato and brocolli, carrot, swede, gravy and cooked chicken pureed in a blender with gravy. It looked gross but tasted divine. It felt real good to be cooking a real meal, even if I did have to put it through the blender. I just hope that the amount was ok. It was defintely a lot less food than what I ate before I was banded.

• Like 2

Yay for us jmj.

So did mine! I had scrambled eggs for brekkie, well I should say scrambled EGG cos it was one lol and I didn't even eat it all haha.

For lunch I had a triangle of laughing cow cheese and a tiny bit of yoghurt.

And for dinner I had a curried lentil n hehe casserole pureed n mixed with a bit of mashed potato, I ate about 1/2 a cup and was full. Still full now :) woohoo

• Like 1

Hey Guys. As There is no fill in the band at the moment (I presume it's the same for you) do I still have to follow the rule of only drinking 30 mins AFTER the meal?. I ask because I had a cup of tea with my eggs yesterday morning and was just reminded of the drink rule this morning. I would have thought that Prof O' Briens's rules only apply after there is some fill in the band. Any thoughts?

It doesn't make any difference. Prof O'Brien said in the vids that it really doesn't matter, as long as you are not gulping down the drink and getting lots of air in. But I have noticed that I definitely don't drink as much during a meal as I used to. I don't like it.

How often are you supposed to eat with mushies. With liquids I was told 6 times a day so how many is it now?

i'm doing just the 3 meals a day and if i get peckish between breakfast and lunch i have a banana. Been a little bit hungry but i am trying to keep the daily calorie total below 1200.

• Like 1

Again Chele85, go as you feel. If you are hungry between the 3 meals, have a snack. But if you are not hungry, don't eat.

I had my surgery a week ago today. I just tried my first mushie meal. The family is having nachos, so i blended the bean sauce a little, put my bean mix in a bowl and topped it with some mashed avo. I decided to 'go mushie' as I feel really weak on the liquids. I took a teaspoon every 2 minutes and chewed, and chewed and chewed! So far...so good!

Awesome job everyone! It's such a personal journey and really different for everyone!

I was banded on 10th dec and told 2 weeks but started after a week. Scramble eggs, and mashed veggies so far! So far so good..... Still having a shake a day tho...

Not lOking forward to Chrissy..... Maybe just minced meat and mashed veg..... And PAV! Lol.... Gotta have a treat every now and then xx

Good luck !

• Like 2