Sign in to follow this  
Gt Chick

Sleeved booked for the 5 th Feb

Hi all,

Thought I would drop in and say HI. I am excited and worried all in one!!! Have to start the my diet the 14 th Jan, oh what joy that will be!!! No more coffees!!!!

If anyone has anu tips or information please let me know. I am going with Dr Geoffrey Draper p, who can I say is amazing!!! Down to earth and nice to take with.

Lisa

I am a Bandit but just wanted to say Good Luck on your  proceedure and on your weight loss journey...

and welcome to a great group of likeminded people...

Marion

purplesparklelestoilwtog.gif

• Like 1

hey lisa

welcome aboard this is the best site to help u threw

im booked for my sleeve on the 11th march

im also excited as anything but nervous but thats normal i find that the more i read in this site or online to more relaxed i am about what to expect what helped others through things to take to hosp it all helped me feel

way more at ease..

good luck with everything :)

keep us up to date how your surg goes

Hi and welcome although I'm banded I go to a band fit class in Adelaide and of 8 in my group I'm the only band all the other 7 are sleeved and all are doing really well and over the past few months getting to know them all we have realised our post op is very similar so good luck and all the best to you

Hi GT!

Welcome to the forum! You will get lots of support here and feedback. I was sleeved nearly a year ago and have done really well....I can't give an exact figure as to how much I have lost as yet as I am nearly 33 weeks pregnant! 

This time last year I started the Optislim diet (I did the Optislim.......tasted waaaaaay better than Optifast!). Everything has been well for me the past year. Take each step as it comes and feel free to ask any questions along the way!

Thanks for the warm welcome!!! I do have one question!!! How has had to give up coffee?? I really enjoy one coffee

a day !!! That's something I will miss!!!

I didn't have to give up coffee.....in fact some people added instant coffee to the vanilla optifast (apparently its really grose) to make it taste better. I still have coffee now.

Why did the surgeon say you had to give up coffee?

As long as you don't have too much and have it black you can have it whilst on opti, i think they recommend no more than a few cups a day, can't remember exactly though coz i don't drink coffee!

I can not drink black coffee at this stage, I normally have milk with it. So do you think 1 cup of coffee a day with skim milk is ok??? And love the idea of coffee in the optifast!!!! And can not stand the smell and taste of any tea!!!! Yuk yuk yuk!!!

I would say that if you go without that would be good, if not then yeah one cup shouldn't do too much damage just try not to have too much milk in it :) and if that one cup a day helps you not cheat on opti then it is definitely ok!

• Like 2