FreshStart2

Wedding Chatter

And this is the little tea length dress that I mentioned - no other dress has made me smile like that since! I thought it was sweet.....

First of all: you look beautiful!! In both dresses!!! I personally prefer the lace tea length one, it is beautiful and sweet and certainly "wedding-worthy". But in saying that, I dont want you to feel like the one you bought is any less worthy. You look fab, id be interested to see it without the belt? Not sure that you will need it :)

I do sometimes feel like I missed it on the experience of trying dresses on. But I guess at the end of the day you just go with your gut instinct.

I won't get my dress back from the alterations lady until Thursday night to show you it without the belt - which is frustrating because I want to play with accessories and TRY and love it. 

Well this morning I found myself at the bridal shop of the little lace tea length and it's still there and on sale for $595!!! I think it was around the $1000 mark when I first looked at it. It's a little too big now and would need to be taken in or maybe I could just eat lots of chocolate over the next 3 weeks. ....at least with the length of the dress it wouldn't need to be taken up. 

My mum and step dad are telling me to 'just buy it!' and they'll pay for it and we can beg the alterations lady to rush it through. I would just feel like a spoiled brat though....you know what I mean. I keep telling myself that it's just a dress.

Anyway needing to run all this past my partner first when he gets home from work - he doesn't even know I went to a bridal shop today.  :ph34r:

I personally love your original dress much better then the shorter one. But, its your day.. you need to feel comfortable and love it as you only do it once! 

Buy the lace one!! If thats the one you really love, if it makes you feel pretty or sexy or elegant or just GOOD....thats what you should wear on your wedding day. The last thing you want is to feel self conscious on your special day :)

• Like 2

sorry to barge in a bit bored, but the lace one is very beautiful and suits you

• Like 1

Thanks ladies I really appreciate your input. :-)

My partner is on board with getting a new dress, he's not surprised because i've been hating on that original dress for months.

I've been in touch with the bridal shop that has my original dress and i'm going there tomorrow morning to try it on once more - sounds like they see this happen quite often.

Hopefully it fits still - today has been a massive binge frenzy stressing about it all!!!

I am very much a traditionalist when it comes to wedding dresses, but in this case, I actually think the lace one is so much nicer and that you should go with it because you look stunning in it, and so happy! You could do the two dresses, change between the ceremony and reception thing that heaps of brides do these days (because you do look lovely in the other one too) or just go with the one you love. So glad your parents and partner are on board with the dress change!

I am now a proud owner of two wedding dresses!

Everything fell into place yesterday - I found a dress that I love, the bridal shop owner gave me fantastic deal, they are going to cover all the alteration costs from my first dress (I was very teary at this point!), refunded that $165 blingy belt, my parents paid half of the difference and the alterations lady squeezed me in 30mins later to take it in at the waist and hem it. I pick it up on Sunday!! 

I can't even begin to tell you how much happier and excited I am!!! It covers all my lumps and bumps, cinches in at waist and feels amazing!  It's light, airy and has lace on the bodice which for some reason I compromised on with the first dress.

http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/Modern-Vintage-Bridal/8500/?pg=1

I guess i'll throw the other dress on ebay and see what I can get for it. :-)

Happy Days Ahead!!

• Like 1

That is beautiful!! And im soooo glad that you love it. You should love your wedding dress :)

• Like 2

Oh my gosh, that dress is STUNNING. I love it. I'm so glad it all came together for you.

• Like 1

beautiful, your going to look absolutely amazing!! 

• Like 1

What's your something blue???

Dont have anything blue yet. But I have a charm from my mother's wedding bouquet that im attaching to mine so I might use a thin blue ribbon to do that

my something blue is a blue lacey garter that my grandma made for me :) 

• Like 1

My sister told me last night that my something blue are the two things in front of my head! So i'm going to go with that! LOL

Two weeks to go til the big day and only one week until we leave - so very excited!!! Can't wait to be sipping on a cocktail in sunny QLD. 

• Like 1

This may of already been discussed - but where are you all off to for your honey moon?

Any suggestions on good locations? I would like something a bit private, but don't think we can afford the over-water hut in the Bora Bora I've been dreaming of for years... lol.

We have to wait and see if we get any gift money and then decide. We cant afford to book a honeymoon yet. But we'd love to do a cruise :)

We are spending two weeks in the area where we are getting married (north brisbane). We will still have family and friends around that whole two weeks so it's not going to feel like a honeymoon really. We are hoping to go somewhere together but we have so many things planned for the next 12mths that we just can't justify it right now. 

We are waiting a month but going to America. Nashville, New York, Washington, Toronoto Canada, buffalo to niagra falls, Vegas, drive from Vegas to Grand Canyon for 2 days and then drive from there to Phoenix and home.

• Like 3

Yeah I don't think we will be going right away. But I would love some time away, just us at some point. He works so hard, 12 hour days, 7 days a week. It's a wonder we can make time for each other lol but we still see each other every day  :wub:

I found an island in fiji that's especially for couples and only 12-14 couples on the island at any one time...each getting their own private rooms and.... YOUR OWN PRIVATE BEACH. Since I wear the scarf, this is pretty appealing to me... means I could rock a bikini haha. I'm too scared to ask how much.

So it seems that I can officially join this thread, rather than just lurk around it every so often. While it hasn't yet gone up on Facebook, I am thrilled to announce that I got engaged yesterday! The wonderful man I started dating almost six months ago asked me to be his wife. Here's the kicker... His sister is moving overseas for two years in mid-January so we have an entire wedding to plan and will be getting married on the 4th of January 2014... 93 days away!!!!! From never having been in a relationship to engaged in less than six months!!!!! :o

• Like 9