FreshStart2

Wedding Chatter

Congrats Merrynda - as long as he's kind, respectful and makes you happy it doesn't matter how quickly it all evolves - :-)

3 Mths to plan!!! WOW!!! Might be a good thing as you won't have time to second guess any of your decisions!!! Like your wedding dress (that was me)!!! LOL

• Like 1

Congratulations!!!! So exciting. But omg I could not imagine only having 3 months!

My advice if you want a cheaper dress is to find a bridesmaid dress you love...and just order it in white. The venues and dress would be the first things to book...asap! :) goodluck, so happy to have another bride in our thread.

• Like 1

CONGRATS MERRYNDA! That is awesome news. I remember your initial thread about this guy and now look!  :wub:

It's going to be a busy few months for you. Unfortunately I don't have much wedding planning experience so I don't have any pearls of wisdom to offer you, but I'm so happy for you :)

• Like 1

To update you all on my situation. We've gone from having a small low key family only kind of do here, to now having a full on Lebanese wedding in Lebanon next year  :ph34r:

A few things spring to mind: do I buy a dress here and take it with me, how do I find a good make up person, how do I plan my wedding from here when I don't even speak Arabic. I feel like we're just gonna rock up and his family will have planned a traditional Arab wedding... and knowing that it's usually 300 + people of whom I will only know my fiancee, scares me!!!!

I'm excited about going to Lebanon, but being the control freak I am, I wonder how I'm going to be able to relax enough to let his family take care of it. And then there's telling my family, oh by the way you have to come to Lebanon for my wedding! EEEEEK!

• Like 1

My only advice to you JouJou is to make sure your wedding is what YOU want it to be. Look inside yourself and honestly think about what YOU want.

if a big Lebanese wedding us what you want, then do it and give your family lots of notice to save money.

if you really want a small wedding, dont let anyone talk you into something you're not comfortable with.

JouJou, would it be possible to have the Wedding that you originally planned in Australia, and then go to Lebanon for a celebration later?

• Like 1

congratulations merrida. wow. I wouldn't be able to cope if I were you. Ive been slowly plugging away for 2 years. and still not finished/.

• Like 1

In other news I got an email my dress has been shipped form china. don't know how long it will take to arrive. I hope it looks as nice as the picture as I love it

My mother is giving me my great-grandparent's wedding bands :) im not a gold-wearer, but she has given her permission for us to have the rings resized (if needed) and dipped in white gold or rhodium.

I asked her for them for a few reasons. One is that we are struggling to come up with all the money for the wedding, and it will be much cheaper for us to have these rings dipped than buy new ones.

Another is that I was close with my nanna before she died and I think she would have wanted me to use them rather than collect dust, if it was my wish.

The 3rd reason is that my great grandparents were married for almost 60years, until she died, do I am hoping they will bring good luck for our marriage. These rings will be my "something old" (60 years old!)

• Like 2

Well, less than two weeks engaged and things are calling into place! Very thankful for the school holidays, because in that time we have:

-Bridal party (confirmed)

-Possible ceremony venue (waiting for confirmation)

-Reception venue (confirmed)

-Caterer for canapé reception (confirmed)

-Church ladies to make finger food lunch for after the ceremony (organised)

-Bridal gown, shoes, veil, hoops, jewellery (ordered and paid)

-Bridesmaid dresses (ordered and paid)

-Flower girl and page boy outfits (ordered and paid)

-Groom's waistcoat and tie, and groomsmens' ties (ordered and paid)

-Mens' attire decided on, and groomsmen advised what they need to source

-Save the Date cards (designed, printed and posted)

-Photographer (confirmed)

-Two celebrants (confirmed... Both of our Dads are ministers, so they are doing the ceremony between them)

-Wedding night accommodation (booked and paid)

-Honeymoon (booked and half paid)

-Cake (details discussed with baker, topper and accessories ordered and paid)

-Two florist quotes pending

-Possible hairdresser and makeup artist (waiting for confirmation)

-Stationery supplies bought for invitations

-Transportation discussed and decided on, with my Dad to negotiate costs and arrangements

-Looked at wedding rings but nothing ordered or decided

-Living arrangements (I will vacate my teachers' accommodation just before we head away for the wedding and move my belongings into his house, ready for me to move in there when we return

It has not been a relaxing holiday, but I feel like we have accomplished a lot so I'm not stressed. :) Also, neither of us are too particular about exactly what we want, so things are falling into place very easily.

• Like 3

Attaching... My dress, the bridesmaids' dress and a swatch of the bridesmaids' dress colour. Also, my ring and our engagement day photo (just after he proposed).

post-6014-0-44552400-1381592556_thumb.jp

post-6014-0-94759000-1381592615_thumb.jp

post-6014-0-44923000-1381592636_thumb.jp

post-6014-0-97543700-1381592645_thumb.jp

post-6014-0-50085800-1381592661_thumb.jp

post-6014-0-02192000-1381592677_thumb.jp

post-6014-0-93827000-1381592688_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Oh, yeah. Bridesmaids' jewellery and parasols for the bridesmaids', flower girl and myself ordered and paid too. Did I mention I'm having an eBay wedding? LOL

• Like 1

Ohmy god?!! How the hell have you accomplished all that in 2 weeks! Lol go you! :) all sounds and looks awesome, well done

• Like 1

I just looked at your photos and got tears in my eyes. you've done so well to organise things so quickly. :)

I came on tonight to let every one know my wedding dress arrived in the mail. Its not exactly the same as the photo,  however only on some small minor details. The fit is pretty good and it looks pretty good on me. I am a size 16 with floppy arms etc ( nearly 50 yrs) So I am happy with it. I think I would have been hard pressed to find something flattering in an actual wedding dress. which I wanted as I have never been married before and wanted a proper dress. I may have to take up the heam an inch. I don't want to spend the whole night having to hold up the dress when I walk around. On the whole excellent if you are on a tight budget. I think it cost $165 AUD.

• Like 1

Attaching... My dress, the bridesmaids' dress and a swatch of the bridesmaids' dress colour. Also, my ring and our engagement day photo (just after he proposed).

Congratulations :) you look soooo happy and he looks very lovely and has kind eyes. Best of luck x

• Like 1

I'm so happy for you :). You will be fine.

So it seems that I can officially join this thread, rather than just lurk around it every so often. While it hasn't yet gone up on Facebook, I am thrilled to announce that I got engaged yesterday! The wonderful man I started dating almost six months ago asked me to be his wife. Here's the kicker... His sister is moving overseas for two years in mid-January so we have an entire wedding to plan and will be getting married on the 4th of January 2014... 93 days away!!!!! From never having been in a relationship to engaged in less than six months!!!!! :o

• Like 1

Woo woo go Merrynda!!

I was wondering if anyone has stumbled across good websites to help with the planning? I'm currently looking for a good check list. I've planned many events in my job, but not a wedding :P

• Like 1

Woo woo go Merrynda!!

I was wondering if anyone has stumbled across good websites to help with the planning? I'm currently looking for a good check list. I've planned many events in my job, but not a wedding :P

The knot.com.au have a fairly decent and extensive planner. It helps you track your budget, what things you need to do and when, etc etc!

• Like 2

I found an iPad app - Easy Wedding Planner. It's great!

• Like 1

I found an iPad app - Easy Wedding Planner. It's great!

Thanks, I'll give it a go!

• Like 1

My great-grandparent's wedding rings came in the mail today!!

I might take them to a jeweller tomorrow morning a get a quote to have them dipped in white gold or rhodium. The ring that is to be mine looks so small! But I tried it on and it might need to go down one size. I remember trying these rings on when I was 13 and they werent even close to fitting my huge fat fingers.

I really hope Daniel likes his and is happy to wear it. Guess I'll find out in 9 days when he gets home.

• Like 2

So it seems that I can officially join this thread, rather than just lurk around it every so often. While it hasn't yet gone up on Facebook, I am thrilled to announce that I got engaged yesterday! The wonderful man I started dating almost six months ago asked me to be his wife. Here's the kicker... His sister is moving overseas for two years in mid-January so we have an entire wedding to plan and will be getting married on the 4th of January 2014... 93 days away!!!!! From never having been in a relationship to engaged in less than six months!!!!! :o

congrats, enjoy the excitement, sounds like you got a good one

• Like 1

Has anyone been married at Hamilton Island or been to a wedding there??

Well I'm very excited that I've found an awesome place for our honeymoon. Unfortunately due to him owning a business we can only get 3-4 days off. So I've found a completely private Balinese style villa in Byron Bay. It comes complete with your own pool and spa, and all the other luxuries. Completely private which means I can swim with him (as I wear the scarf it's a bit of a touchy issue, swimming in public lol).

I can imagine a few days of bliss here :wub:  http://www.byronbayvillas.com.au/

Still planning all the other things, but in my mind the most important part is now sorted :P

• Like 1