FreshStart2

Wedding Chatter

Whats your wedding costing (if you dont mind sharing) ???

Reception- $11,000

Photographer- $3,500

Flowers- $1200 (as well as bouquets, button holes etc we are having flowers as centre pieces)

Decoration- $600 (chair bows and other things) 

Rings- $2600

Ceremony- $1000

Cars- $1100

Dress- $3400

Boys suits plus shoes- $1000

Presents for bridesmaids- $400

Make up- $670

Shoes for me- $80

My earrings/necklace- $150 

Spray tans- $250

Bridesmaids dresses and shoes- $800 

Wow, this is the first time i have written everything up. 

• Like 1

Our honeymoon isn't until a month after our wedding so for 2 nights after the wedding i have booked this

http://www.wildedgeretreat.com.au/spa-pavilions/wind-spirit

Absolutely, completely splurged. "Hubby" knows we are going away but doesn't know to where (or how much) haha 

• Like 2

Ceremony (set up and venue fee): $600 ish

Reception (including bar tab): $7000

Dress (and veil): $1900

Bridesmaids: $200 (plus accessories)

Groomsmen: 200 ish? (Paid for their own suits)

Flowers (fake): $600

Decor: $1000

Photographer: $1900

Videographer: $1000

Music (ceremony & reception): $700

Cake: $500

Makeup (5 people): $150

Hair (4 people): $250?

Rings: so far just the cost to resize and dip in white gold. Engagement ring will need replacing though...maybe $1600?

Invitations (homemade): $150

Favours: $100? (Homemade & edible)

A lot of my prices are very modest. SHOP AROUND, have meetings and view their work. I think we've done really well. But there are always lots of little costs and thats where the cost really adds up and surprises you. Gifts, decorations, pre-wedding events.

• Like 1

Our honeymoon isn't until a month after our wedding so for 2 nights after the wedding i have booked this

http://www.wildedgeretreat.com.au/spa-pavilions/wind-spirit

Absolutely, completely splurged. "Hubby" knows we are going away but doesn't know to where (or how much) haha 

That looks FAB. Great area up there too - I grew up in the Hunter Valley.

A lot of these places are VERY expensive. The one we're going to is $540 a night. Mind you, that was MUCH MUCH cheaper than one I found on the central coast - $1500 + per night. While I can justify splurging a bit, I simply cannot justify spending that much somewhere within Australia lol.

We're planning on stopping over in Dubai when we go to Lebanon and he's already told me we'll be staying in a fancy hotel there too  :wub:  That's been on my bucket list for ages. Have you seen the crazy hotels they have there?!?

Thanks for sharing the costs. Sheesh, weddings are expensive huh!! I'll share mine soon :) I'm still booking things in.

Oh wow!  Thanks so much for sharing-  It's so expensive and they say the average spent is $30,000!!! :( 

I had planned to do a VERY low key wedding with just close family and friends. 

1. because I can't justify spending the money on one day and 2. With so many living expenses already its hard to find so much money.

The problem is my partner and I have just found the PERFECT wedding location- its destination wedding and we are both absolutely in love with it.  You only (plan) to get married once and I do want it to be perfect.  \

We have decided that we will just holiday for a week at the location and will do a Europe honeymoon about a year later (so we can save up for it again).

Are your parents helping with the cost?? Did they offer or did you ask??

It sounds like there is an engagement proposal pending Bandetto (or has he already done it and I missed it?). Very happy for you :)

My wedding is very low key. We'll be having a small walimah (gathering/dinner) here in Australia most likely. We're now working out if his family can come from overseas (which means it will probably quadruple in size and we'll be having a bit fat Lebanese wedding lol) or if we'll just go visit them instead after our small ceremony and wedding here.

We'll be paying for ours ourself. His parents aren't financial (in fact we always send them money) and my parents are retired and on the pension. I now my parents will offer when my planning progresses more but I would feel bad taking from their "nest egg".

Haha no no engagement yet (does that make me a super creep!!!) lol we have just discussed it and want to have a good idea of where because it will be destination and want to give our families notice.

I fully intend on paying for ours too... but if we knew we had parents offering assistance it might mean we can stress a little less? If that makes sense.. I definitely don't want to ask them or expect it but is it still traditional for them to contribute?

We're paying for as much as we can but our parents are contributing. Dad gave us 5, daniels parents around the same, and my mum who has no money wanted to pay for my dress/outfit. We knew that we wouldnt be able to pay for it ourselves, so we simply asked our parents if there was anything that they would like to, or be willing to help with, but that we didnt expect them to pay anything more than they could afford to contribute.

ive been fat forever. I was too self conscious to go to my school formal, parties and even my highschool graduation (skirt was involved). I didnt have a big 18th or a 21st, I even missed my own baby shower because i was being induced that day! Ive missed out of lots of those important celebrations in my life, so I think I deserve to have one day to wear a pretty dress and really celebrate with everyone I love. I dont mind spending do much money on one day, I couldnt justify, nor afford a $40,000 wedding, but now that I understand more about what things cost, I can understand how it adds up! We're scrimping on a lot of things we want to be able to afford something that will be beautiful and memorable as well as affordable.

I made up a spreadsheet in excel, everytime I spend money for the wedding, wether its a dress payment, venue fee or just buying the stamps to mail invitations, EVERY expense goes into my spreadsheet and at the end it calculates exactly what has been spent, by who etc..

Bandetto: my dad had a beautiful wedding in Fiji a year ago, and managed to do it all (flights, accomodation, ceremony) for around $5000? Plus spending money of course. :) destination weddings are great, we almost did it. But you have to be prepared that some people you might REALLY want there, wont be able to go. We werent prepared to have any of our family miss out so we're doing it here.

• Like 1

I made up a spreadsheet in excel, everytime I spend money for the wedding, wether its a dress payment, venue fee or just buying the stamps to mail invitations, EVERY expense goes into my spreadsheet and at the end it calculates exactly what has been spent, by who etc..

Bandetto: my dad had a beautiful wedding in Fiji a year ago, and managed to do it all (flights, accomodation, ceremony) for around $5000? Plus spending money of course. :) destination weddings are great, we almost did it. But you have to be prepared that some people you might REALLY want there, wont be able to go. We werent prepared to have any of our family miss out so we're doing it here.

Thanks for that :)  We are only intending on inviting the closet family and a couple of friends and are planning to stick to somewhere in Australia in the hope that they will all be able to attend- they are spread over Aus as it is anyway so would need to travel so hopefully if we stick to Aus it will keep costs down for them.  It's just a shame Australian weddings are so much- Thailand is beautiful and SO cheap! And I WOULD love to get married on the Amalfi coast! Maybe a vow renewal many many years down the track :P

We are still booking things in, but...

*Entertainment - $250 (iTunes gift cards) for the sound system at the reception venue

*Hair & makeup for 5 of us - $550

*My dress, jewellery, accessories, veil, shoes etc - $450

*Bridesmaid gifts - $300

*photography - $500 (mate's rates!!!)

*attendants paying for their own outfits

*Reception venue - $1450 (three hours on the Woody Island boat in Esperance) - paid by my parents

*Reception catering - $2700 (canapés, $30 per person) - paid by my parents, along with drinks

*Stationery for Save the Dates, Engagement Invitations, Wedding Invitations and service programs - $500

*Wedding favours - $120

Still to confirm - wedding rings (Approx. $1600), florist, ceremony venue, cake and groom's outfit.

What are you ladies doing for your wedding favours? And since when are they not called bonbonaires? 

I think everyone says wedding favours because bonbonaires are too hard to spell lol. Im doing little glass jars with peronsalised rock candy inside (has our names on them) 

• Like 1

How cute!!

Right, I thought I missed something.

You know coming into this thread has me freaking out - I'm constantly adding new things to the list!

I think everyone says wedding favours because bonbonaires are too hard to spell lol. Im doing little glass jars with peronsalised rock candy inside (has our names on them)

haha yeh I always forget how to spell it :P (at the moment), im planning to bake shortbread in heart shapes, half dipped in chocolate, in cello bags with ribbon etc. Something homemade :) thats the plan anyway. This shortbread is legendary in my family (recipe passed down 2 generations) and I normally only make it at christmas, so it should be good.

• Like 1

For our bombonnieres, I have ordered 50 engraved pens (for the men) and 50 silk fans (for the ladies). Practical, pretty and easy in a short time frame. Anything particularly time consuming isn't going to work for us because we are both working full time, I am in the middle of reporting and end of year presentation night preparation plus having to move house, then we have family Christmases. Essentially, there will be two weeks between us finishing work and the wedding!

haha yeh I always forget how to spell it :P (at the moment), im planning to bake shortbread in heart shapes, half dipped in chocolate, in cello bags with ribbon etc. Something homemade :) thats the plan anyway. This shortbread is legendary in my family (recipe passed down 2 generations) and I normally only make it at christmas, so it should be good.

Sounds amazing! I was thinking perhaps a lolly buffet but Rob wasn't convinced. :)

For our bombonnieres, I have ordered 50 engraved pens (for the men) and 50 silk fans (for the ladies). Practical, pretty and easy in a short time frame. Anything particularly time consuming isn't going to work for us because we are both working full time, I am in the middle of reporting and end of year presentation night preparation plus having to move house, then we have family Christmases. Essentially, there will be two weeks between us finishing work and the wedding!

I think pens and fans would be great. I think its good to give either edible or practical favours like that :)

• Like 1

Can you ladies go through a list of everything i should have done? lol!! My wedding is in 4 weeks and i feel like I'm missing things?!?! 

Lol, Kylie, you'll be fine!!

My only advice is BOOK TRAVEL INSURANCE!!! :P

I think everyone says wedding favours because bonbonaires are too hard to spell lol.

Exactly!

Kylie there are heaps of check lists I've found online. If it would put your mind at ease, have a browse through some of them to make sure you're all covered!