FreshStart2

Wedding Chatter

ONE week until the big day for me!!! omg.. nerves are kicking in. 

• Like 3

ONE week until the big day for me!!! omg.. nerves are kicking in. 

Exciting time for you and to see everything you've planned come together Remember don't stress and be prepared to make some adaptions if needed But don't lose sight of the main reason for this day- Your love you and your partner have for each other (everything else is minor in comparison to this). Just take in all the love that will be shown to you on this your special day. ps the nerves are all part of it! :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Thats great advice, and you were right. When it's all i have to think about, i tend to want things done right away, and i forget that its just not as important to other people as it is to me. The girls did respond and they put my mind at ease, im confident they are still keen and they will get the dresses looked at. There are 3 of them. The wedding isnt until April, but I want to be on top of things early if I can, to avoid any surprises, and make sure I have time to correct any hiccups.

Last night was the second night in a row i've had a negative dream about the wedding/my relationship, i think i have a bit of anxiety at the moment about everything. I'm not having second thoughts about marrying him at all, its just the stress of the organising and the financial committments we've made so far.

Oh my gosh, I had so many wedding nightmares leading up to the day, even had a few after!!! The worst one was where the whole day happened, except I couldn't remember any of it at all, but everyone else could, and there was no video or anything!! I woke up feeling ill at the thought. Lol!! It's totally normal, I promise!

Oh my gosh, I had so many wedding nightmares leading up to the day, even had a few after!!! The worst one was where the whole day happened, except I couldn't remember any of it at all, but everyone else could, and there was no video or anything!! I woke up feeling ill at the thought. Lol!! It's totally normal, I promise!

OMG de ja vu! One dream was that after the ceremony, daniel and i disappeared home, got drunk and fell asleep and missed all our photos! then we rocked up to the reception and it was decorated completely wrong, it was like walking into a stranger's wedding day. and at the end of the night i was just crying and crying because we had no photos of us with our families or our son from our wedding day lol.

this is highly unlikely lol

• Like 1

Today I ordered my MOB gown online today. Fingers crossed it will arrive just as beautiful as on the model.

If you did custom size you will probably get a better fit

I have gotten off my butt and moved a few things along. Most of the invites are out. My wedding crowns and veil has arrived in the mail. Priest this Tuesday night for marriage prep course. (hope he lets us get married , Ha Ha.) Next job proof read the service. So I can discuss changes or confirm the service. Have to do a big list of things to do any by when after that.

One of the things Im most happy about is I have finally stopped bingeing on chocolate about a week ago, So hopfully my weight will start going down again.

• Like 3

If you did custom size you will probably get a better fit

Yes I did send my sizes in. My bust is proportionately bigger than the rest of me. I ignored the batwing size because I have a compression garment so I can try it on now and will have had the surgery in time for the wedding.

Also if mine comes back looking great my daughter might decide to order online. She cant seem to find what she wants within the budget in any of the shops she has visited.

• Like 1

Think I have found a wedding singer that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. bit further along with the service, Think I need to get a few boys dressed soon. Also met a lady who might do our cake cheap. so that's good. bbetter than #600 any way.

• Like 1

A tip that our celebrant gave us is to frequent areas that have good buskers and when you find one you like, offer them some money to play at your wedding. The average entertainment prices I came across for weddings were all around $600-1000.

Three more sleeps!! i am starting to feel sick from nerves! 

• Like 3

I like that it's three more sleeps, not that you are feeling sick from nerves. Hugs, Kylie - you are going to have an incredibly beautiful day!!! Savour every moment because, at the end of the day, you walk out with your HUSBAND!!! All of the planning and organising is done - now it's time to let people care for you, pamper you etc and enjoy your chance to be the stunning bride! Best wishes for Saturday - have a blast!!!!! :D

• Like 4

Thankyou!! I'm sure it will be amazing.. I'm so ready but just feeling so nervous. Not about getting married but about standing in front of 95 people and being watched lol!! We have just dropped everything off at the reception venue this morning (candles,champagne flutes, guest book etc). Its all becoming so real. 

• Like 2

A tip that our celebrant gave us is to frequent areas that have good buskers and when you find one you like, offer them some money to play at your wedding. The average entertainment prices I came across for weddings were all around $600-1000.

jeeze cheap in SA. leanne. Lots of them DJs were $12 and $1400 in Melb. I was lucky to find a solo guy to do it for $500 that is a professional.

My MOB gown arrived and its just gorgeous. I haven't tried it on yet but I can see already it will be wonderful. Needs a good iron though.

• Like 2

My MOB gown arrived and its just gorgeous. I haven't tried it on yet but I can see already it will be wonderful. Needs a good iron though.

nanna are you the bride or the mother

Any tips for taking a gown to be altered? I know that the bust needs to be taken in and the straps shortened slightly. I would also like a button or something to bustle up the train so it isn't dragging behind me at the reception.

Happy wedding day, Kylie.

Smile and enjoy yourself...it all goes too quickly. Xxx

• Like 1

Any tips for taking a gown to be altered? I know that the bust needs to be taken in and the straps shortened slightly. I would also like a button or something to bustle up the train so it isn't dragging behind me at the reception.

Normally the dressmaker will sew a little loop of satin ribbon a couple of inches behind the hem of the train and you can then hook it over your little finger when you are walking/not needing the train behind you.

Update: it fits beautifully. I feel like a queen :)

• Like 5

Happy wedding day, Kylie!!! May your day be special in every way!!!!! :D