FreshStart2

Wedding Chatter

Normally the dressmaker will sew a little loop of satin ribbon a couple of inches behind the hem of the train and you can then hook it over your little finger when you are walking/not needing the train behind you.

Thanks Nanna. Our reception is on a boat, so I want the train out of the way for the entire time. The dressmaker I am going to did the bustle thing for my bestie's wedding in April so hopefully she can do it with mine. It was a ribbon loop and a button, I think...

• Like 1

Happy Wedding Day Kylie!! You are going to look beautiful and I cant wait to see some photos!

• Like 1

Have a great wedding Kylie, today is our 22nd wedding anniversary so we wish you many happy years ahead :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :D  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed we will not need a Court order for my son's children to be part of their Auntie's wedding party. ATM their Mum is not answering any calls or messages at all. So sad for it to come to this, especially considering that she is also engaged to someone else.

Three weeks today!!! :o:D so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had a couple of dress fittings, having another one on Monday. :D hoping my wedding ring arrives this week!!!!!! It's all happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 8

Three weeks today!!! :o:D so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had a couple of dress fittings, having another one on Monday. :D hoping my wedding ring arrives this week!!!!!! It's all happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHH!!!!! After reading your post I am even more excited for you!!!!!!!!!! :D Congrats and enjoy every moment!!!!!! :D :D :D

• Like 1

Fingers crossed we will not need a Court order for my son's children to be part of their Auntie's wedding party. ATM their Mum is not answering any calls or messages at all. So sad for it to come to this, especially considering that she is also engaged to someone else.

Hopefully not Nanna! I find it sad when the kids get put in the middle like this and end up missing out. It would be very sad for them to miss such a special day.

How time flies!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope that everything falls into place smoothly for you over the next few weeks ready for your special day :)

• Like 1

Finished work for the year, wedding ring here and picked up, dress adjusted and picked up! TWO WEEKS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

It's worth coming out of 'bandit retirement' to wish you love and laughter always.

I hope your day is everything you want it to be.....

Kate.

• Like 4

I can officially join this thread... my beautiful man proposed last night after a romantic meal. I'm so thrilled and so excited! And as a result of my excitement, I've had a stuck moment every meal since last night...! Hopefully this sorts itself out as life resumes normalcy!

• Like 9

I can officially join this thread... my beautiful man proposed last night after a romantic meal. I'm so thrilled and so excited! And as a result of my excitement, I've had a stuck moment every meal since last night...! Hopefully this sorts itself out as life resumes normalcy!

yaay! Congratulations! And welcome :)

Thanks ladies! I'm very excited! We have now picked a stunning ring- just waiting on getting the quote back for a few modifications, and have started discussing the engagement party.

I'll be thinking of you on Saturday, Merrynda! Have a wonderful day and enjoy every second.

• Like 2

Thanks so much, Luce, and massive congratulations to you!!! Have you started talking about a date for your big day?

Merrynda I am so excited for you now that it is so close. Photos ASAP when you can... *hugs and love*. Karen

• Like 1

Congratulations to you Luce587 :)   and Merrynda I wish you and your husband to be the best day and remember to just enjoy and take it all in :)  :)

• Like 1

Thanks Nanna and Leanne!!! I am SOOOO unbelievably excited!!! I'm not sure when the photos will go up - tomorrow week, we fly out for Fiji (my first EVER time overseas!!!!!) but will definitely be sharing photos when I get back/get them back from the photographer!!! :D

• Like 2

Congrats Luce, very exciting!! Let the planning your perfect day begin  :)

Merrynda, enjoy your special day, its come around fast, I can remember first reading about your engagement and I was so happy for you! May your day be everything you wish for and more, remember to sit back, take a deep breath and really take it all in for a few minutes, as its such a wonderful day that goes by so fast. Cant wait to see some photos :)   

• Like 2

So excited for you, merrynda!! You are going to be a stunning bride! Have a fantastic time in Fiji. No date set yet, but we will have to get on it as our extended family is all in the UK and will need notice... For now I am just enjoying our engagement and anxiously awaiting my ring arriving!

• Like 1

Now that the new year has ticked over im starting to panic a little. The wedding is only about 12 weeks away and I have soooo much to do and pay for!! Im anxiously awaiting some more card in the nail so I can reprint the invites and get them out asap.

Those that are having/had a bar tab instead of a drink package, what do you think is a fair bar tab? I only want to put a max of $1500 on the tab and if people want to drink past that, they can pay for themselves? I feel like thats fair, after all its a wedding, not a piss up!

Congrats Luce!!

Well, sad to say that my mother in laws visa to come for our wedding got declined, which means our date of March may need to be pushed back :(  We are in the process of re-applying. Apparently she is high-risk as she's from Lebanon and may not return home. Sheesh, she's a 50-something year old woman with six school-aged kids at home for which she is a stay at home mum and their primary care-giver. Immigration is tough!

If the second application gets declined I don't know what we'll do. I would feel so slack for him if none of his close family can be there :( He has 3 brothers and an Aunt and Uncle here, but it's not the same as having Mum and Dad. It really sucks that our plans are so up in the air, but we both want to ensure both our families are included as that's really important to us.

That's awful JouJou. I wanted to go to Lebanon during my visit to the Middle East 3 years ago but it was considered too high risk for travel there. My daughter has been to many countries and Lebanon is her favourite place of all.

• Like 1

That's awful JouJou. I wanted to go to Lebanon during my visit to the Middle East 3 years ago but it was considered too high risk for travel there. My daughter has been to many countries and Lebanon is her favourite place of all.

I think I'm more upset than he is, typical male  :lol:  But we've decided we want her there and that we'll exhaust all options before planning the wedding without her. This scares me though, because it means that if we get word from Immigration that her visa is approved, I'll be frantic doing all the prep and have probably less than 3 months to pull it together. Lucky I plan events for a living, and that we're having a small wedding :)

I can't wait to go to Lebanon. We are hoping to go to Saudi this year for our Islamic pilgrimage and then do a stopover in either Dubai/Abu Dhabi and then onto Lebanon to stay with his family. Despite the civil unrest, it looks like an AMAZING country. I think we'll be fine to go as his family live in a remote village of about 1,000 people, well away from the unrest.