FreshStart2

Wedding Chatter

I loved my visit to Saudi, we were in Riyadh and had time in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi as well. I'd go again tomorrow if I got the chance.

• Like 1

I loved my visit to Saudi, we were in Riyadh and had time in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi as well. I'd go again tomorrow if I got the chance.

The only hard thing about staying in Dubai is choosing which of the crazy and elaborate hotels to splurge on for a few nights of luxury ;) You seem very well travelled Nanna!! I can't wait till we are married finally so we can set off around the world together :)

JouJou we stayed in the Kempinski in the Mall of the Emirates in Dubai and it was AWESOME. This is the one with the indoor ski slope. You can even book a suite that overlooks it.  My daughter is very well travelled, mine is limited. In Riyadh we stayed in the nurses compound so it wasn't very exotic at all. Still I had a great time. And you must see the mosque in Abu Dhabi. Unforgettable. :)

A photo of my handsome hubby, my parents and I on Saturday!

post-6014-0-78356400-1389103866_thumb.jp

• Like 4

About to get on the boat for our reception.

And we are at Perth airport now, waiting to fly to Sydney then Fiji for our honeymoon!!! See you when we get back!

post-6014-0-18658200-1389103992_thumb.jp

• Like 2

WOW Merrynda you look gorgeous....and happy!! 

I hope your day was perfect and I wish you and your hubby a lifetime of happiness and good fortune xx

• Like 1

Soooo gorgeous!! I love that your reception was on a boat, what a great idea!!

• Like 1

These photos are so beautiful Merrynda. Congratulations. :) *hug* Thanks for sharing them and have a great time in Bali.

• Like 1

Hoping a moderator can help me put a photo our flowergirl dresses in here. I cant work out how to do it. I have it on my PC so there is no URL.

A photo of my handsome hubby, my parents and I on Saturday!

Absolutely beautiful bride and groom and how pretty is your dress and flowers. A big congratulations, you both look so happy :)  :)

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing photos of your big day. Just beautiful, a radiant bride and proud husband. Feeling a bit teary and smiling like a loon...

• Like 1

Congratulations Merrynda, you looked perfect! xx

• Like 1

Happy honeymoon - you look wonderful.

• Like 1

Merrynda!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You look so beautiful and most importantly - happy!!!

• Like 1

wow havnt been on this page for a long time. so much has happened. My wedding is 16 weeks away now, and I am very glad I have been plugging away with things for 2 years. It all feels achievable now. A few small jobs to do , but not too much, the next thing is to organise a cake.

• Like 1

Oh Merrynda, you look stunning and so happy! Congratulations!

I've been on holidays for a week, enjoying the sunshine in lombok. Now I'm back I'm seriously in planning mode for the engagement party... Did you lovely ladies have one?

• Like 2

We've made a lot of progress with wedding errands this last week. We bought our son's suit and shoes, groom's suit and shoes, groomsmen gifts, bridesmaid earrings, and cake topper. Amazing what you can achieve without a toddler in tow lol

• Like 2

May I ask what other people have given as bridesmaid/groomsmen gifts? For ours:

Groomsmen: a small bottle of black label Johnny Walker (looked a bit classer than Jack Daniels), a cigar, a tie...and still tossing up wether we should getvthem a tie bar or cufflinks?

Bridesmaids: a satin robe for getting ready that says bridesmaid on the back, a wine glass and a mini bottle of champagne, a wooden hanger with their name on and some earrings.

I have bought my sister, my maid of honor, a set of Pearl drop earrings to wear on the day and will look into a matching chain and pendant if the dress we pick is right for it. I love the idea of the satin robe, leeanne!

The best man is a non-drinker and can be very fussy... I'm really not sure about what to get him!

• Like 1

We bought the guys engraved cuff links with their initials and the tie they wore on the day and thomas sabo bracelets and earrings for the girls with an individual charm to match their personality. I got a wooden hanger with my new surname for the wedding dress and really love that photo

The robe is a great idea, it'll look so lovely in your photos and is a great memento for the girls of your day. 

This is our final choice for flower girl dresses. They will also have long sleeved bolero type furry jackets to wear as the wedding will be in July.

post-7842-0-09961200-1389911775_thumb.jp

Panic is now setting in with this Mother of the Bride!!!! Bride is super organized with everything :)

BUT I will have the bride and 5 bridesmaids and 2 flowers girls staying at my house the night before the wedding!!

I am setting a curfew on bedtime and a limit on alcohol!! I feel like a creep doing this but it is a morning wedding and we all need to be up super early for make up and hair. I have thought about rostering shower times etc for the morning and breakfast is planned!

If anyone has any helpful hints I would be very greatfull.

:)

• Like 2