FreshStart2

Wedding Chatter

I cant offer any help as the MOB. My daughter and are working closely together on the planning but she has hired a wedding manager to deal with any last minute crises on the day and to make sure it all goes according to her running sheet. Poor lady has no idea what she has gotten into. My daughter is a perfectionist who also has OCD.  I don't go shopping with her, not ever.

I just hunt around for the things she is looking for, send information or get what she has chosen etc and pass it on. LOL.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone! Safely home from honeymoon and enjoying setting up our home together! A couple more photos (sneak peek from our photographer) of our special day! Plus one (not professional) of me with my bridesmaids.

post-6014-0-97503600-1390731465_thumb.jppost-6014-0-47584900-1390731545_thumb.jppost-6014-0-37793700-1390731575_thumb.jppost-6014-0-60315800-1390731619_thumb.jppost-6014-0-89266900-1390731637_thumb.jp

• Like 9

Thank you sharing your beautiful wedding photos with us all. You look beautiful and just so happy

:) :)

• Like 1

My daughter's dress was announced as ready so she went to get it and they have messed up the sleeves. The fabric does not match the gown and they are too tight as well. The bridal shop is arranging for it to be scratch made again. My daughter was so upset she has broken out in excema for the first time in her life.

My daughter's dress was announced as ready so she went to get it and they have messed up the sleeves. The fabric does not match the gown and they are too tight as well. The bridal shop is arranging for it to be scratch made again. My daughter was so upset she has broken out in excema for the first time in her life.

How can they not realise the fabric didn't match! Hopefully that's the only thing that'll go wrong for your daughter :(

May I ask what other people have given as bridesmaid/groomsmen gifts? For ours:

Groomsmen: a small bottle of black label Johnny Walker (looked a bit classer than Jack Daniels), a cigar, a tie...and still tossing up wether we should getvthem a tie bar or cufflinks?

Bridesmaids: a satin robe for getting ready that says bridesmaid on the back, a wine glass and a mini bottle of champagne, a wooden hanger with their name on and some earrings.

Leanne when is your wedding? and I hope everything is going well with the preparations :rolleyes:

Leanne when is your wedding? and I hope everything is going well with the preparations :rolleyes:

April 5th :) everything is going pretty smoothly so far but its getting so close and I'm starting to freak out a bit. I'm worried about getting everything organised and paid for on time! I have no idea if it's all going to come together on the day or be a stressful nightmare

Take a step back, take a big breath and look at the whole picture and it'll be fine :D

• Like 1

We gave our groomsmen wallets, chocolates and their ties. We gave the bridesmaids their jewellery, parasols and a personalised gift based on their likes (one loves patchwork, so we gave her a bundle of fat quarters for her floral patchwork project etc).

• Like 1

good luck Leanne, not long now. My wedding is 8 weeks away.

Our minister gave me some good advice. I hope its helpful to you.

He said, "you have to trust every one  wants you to have a good day and will  be doing their very best for you"

Its helped me take a step back and stop micro managing everything.

Hows married life treating you Nerrida?

I've just done a Stat Dec for the priest officiating at the wedding. Different religions and all that stuff... but its done now. :)

Married life is AMAZING!!!!!!!! We will have been married nine weeks tomorrow, and I still feel like a honeymooner! Sure, we are back at work and getting into the 'normal' routine, but it is just the best thing ever!!! And despite having a shocking week last week (my husband's immediate boss, who was also a friend, and his son were killed in a horror car crash), married life is bliss!!! :) I highly recommend it!!!!!

• Like 5

Im with you Merrynda! It is amazing. We have been married just over 13 weeks and so so so happy! hope all you brides to be and mothers to be aren't too stressed! It come and goes so quickly, i miss it so much! 

• Like 3

In the last week ive had a bridesmaid and our MC drop a month out from our wedding.

Luckily they were both able to be replaced quickly but it hasnt been without a little stress. Shopping for wedding items with my hubby is a nightmare as he is so indecisive and things get done so much quicker if i just do it myself lol. A tad worried we are going to struggle to pay all our vendor balances but i know our parents will help more if necessary.

Needless to say, the last month sucks.

Keep your chin up Leanne, it will be perfect. :) You have to believe it. Most weddings have last minute things that change or go wrong.

• Like 1

243i6pc.jpg

the lasered CD favor

We did them ourselves! My husband went out and bought a Lightscribe external drive. It cost about $70/$80 at Officeworks but maybe could find one on gumtree/ebay? I can't vouch for how easy the software is but it took him one or two evenings to burn all the songs onto them, design the image and then laser etch them with the image. The CDs were just cheap normal ones and I ordered purple CD sleeves online.

We have decided that we want to send out CDs with songs from our wedding as our Thankyous. We will use our wedding photos for the CD cover but I would really love to have one photo lasered onto the discs like this? Does anybody know where I can pay to have this done or do I really need to buy the drive and do it myself lol....which im open to doing if I have to. But I'd rather just pay for them to get done elsewhere. :)

• Like 1

1 more week until my wedding!! My mum has arrived in town and we've been running around non stop for 2 days. im already exhausted. she keeps trying to think about new things to add to the decor and im like...enough mum, im happy with it how it is!! I think sometimes the mums get so caught up with the picture that THEY have for their daughter's wedding that they don't stop to actually think about what THE DAUGHTER might have envisioned for their own wedding. our ideas of "pretty" and "elegant" are quite different.

anyway, we've not been without a few dramas but im beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. if my mum can just calm the heck down and stop wanting to spend more money i think we'll all be fine.

• Like 4

We mums love a wedding...especially our daughter's. Have a happy last week.

• Like 2

How exciting, Leanne! Hope everything comes together and you're stress free for your big day! Xox

• Like 1

Congrats Leanne, I will continue to read through this thread as I think it's interesting. Hubby and I eloped on a Friday which was great, it also classified as a weekday so the celebrants fees were cheaper and by far the best part was not having to deal with any family stress about who to invite, who not to and the whole kid issue, up until we decided to do this I was considering hiring at least one babysitter for family members with kids so I could have a kid free reception. When my cousin got married later on I feel like her wedding was hijacked and that there were a lot of things that could have been done differently. The biggest example is the bridesmaids dresses (that all but one bridesmaid paid for) which she had "made". When I became a late bridesmaid (6 weeks before the wedding another dropped out) I went with another bridesmaid to be fitted. The dress was lovely, however very expensive and I had seen a nearly identical one (the "made" one had beads sown on) for about one-fifth of the price the day before my first fitting. I personally didn't see the extra value for a handful of clear beads and if it was me would have gone with the cheaper ones (but not my wedding). Have you considered going to a DFO to see what they might have, I know Sydney and Canberra both have DFOs and they have a lot of good brands at ridiculously cheap prices. Another idea I was tossing up (before we eloped) was to give the bridesmaids the colour of the dress (and any other considerations) and let them pick their own and show it to me BEFORE the wedding (set a date). Anyway good luck and remember do what you both want it's your wedding and if you do go with a weekday wedding give your loved ones time to arrange to be there (if they don't go it's not your fault).

Whoops, just realised how close you are after doing some more reading. Relax and enjoy your day!

Everyone keeps telling me I'm super organised... I guess that's why I'm feeling so relaxed about it all! We are around 11 months out from the wedding and we've booked a celebrant and started the formalities, a venue, a florist, a dj and a string trio, and have started meeting caterers and photographers. My sister's dress arrived and is gorgeous (Thank you, Etsy!) and my $25 ebay veil is perfect.

The guest list is the only thing giving me a headache at the moment. Our venue has a maximum capacity of 80 and we've got 122 invited. Now, a good 35-50 of those are guests based in the UK, and not expected to come, but still... stressful! I wanted a small wedding, 50-65 guests, and it looks more like 75 at the moment.

Did anyone else have guest list woes?