FreshStart2

Wedding Chatter

So getting married saturday (tomorrow now as its just after midnight). I have been super stressed to the max, very emotional and run off my feet from 7am to late every night. Im laying in bed waiting for my hubby to stumble in after his buck's party. Hes been out all day and i know hes very very drunk so im a little nervous about what condition he"ll be in as we have a lot to do in the morning.

No matter how organised you are, there are always last minute jobs that keep you super busy!!

• Like 3

Have a lovely day

Have a wonderful day, and try to take it all in, especially walking down the isle, the day goes soooooo fast! We will be married 20 years this month and I still remember the day! :-)

All the best, Leanne!!! Have a fantastic day!!!!! I was a stress head and in tears the day before the wedding but I had a perfect day and I'm sure you will too :)

woo hoo you should be married by now!! :D :D :D :D :D

• Like 2

WE DID IT! We survived the day. :) Had a few hiccups at the ceremony and the DJ was a little clumsy with the MC duties, but it wasnt enough to dampen my day. I had an amazing time and was sad on Sunday when it was all over. I will post some photos when i get them back :)

• Like 12

Glad to hear that you had a great day Leanne.

Me too, pleased it all went well. Can't wait to see the photos

So pleased you had a wonderful day. Congratulations, Leanne!

Just wondering if there are any other bandits out there that are about to start planning a wedding to get this thread up and running again??? I thought this thread was great am excited to be able to post in it!!!

I did have a date set in May but due to some family circumstances we are having to look at something later in the year. I'm hoping now for something in September or October 2015. It does give me longer to plan and also keep losing weight for my dress.

I didn't realize how much effort (and money) went into planning a wedding.

• Like 3

WE DID IT! We survived the day. :) Had a few hiccups at the ceremony and the DJ was a little clumsy with the MC duties, but it wasnt enough to dampen my day. I had an amazing time and was sad on Sunday when it was all over. I will post some photos when i get them back :)

Congrats!

Just wondering if there are any other bandits out there that are about to start planning a wedding to get this thread up and running again??? I thought this thread was great am excited to be able to post in it!!!

I did have a date set in May but due to some family circumstances we are having to look at something later in the year. I'm hoping now for something in September or October 2015. It does give me longer to plan and also keep losing weight for my dress.

I didn't realize how much effort (and money) went into planning a wedding.

Sorry to frighten you but if you think you know now how much money & energy goes into wedding planning... we'll let me just say it gets considerably worse {ducks for cover!}. It also reveals the *real* side of people... related or otherwise... which is both a blessing and a curse {I prefer the former}. Don't get me wrong I had an amazing, magical day but in hindsight I kinda wish Chris and I had dashed off to a registry office rather than planning for 18 months :P

That said... the joy of sharing our love with family and friends was truly priceless and well worth all the stress & drama :D

• Like 2

Kalalan, I'm not getting married anytime soon, but always read this thread. Post away because I love hearing everyone's plans etc. I am helping a friend plan her wedding and her husband to be came up with the idea of Lego married people (it's a cake topper) as the bonboniere! Ha! Not my cup of tea, nor the brides but he was so proud of himself neither of us had the heart to tell him no.

• Like 1

me three love reading this thread even though have been happily married for 20 years! lol

I'd love to have another wedding. I've only been married for two years but if I could get away with having a wedding every 5 years I would!

• Like 3

I loved our wedding day. We got married three months and three days after getting engaged and wouldn't have wanted the engagement to be any longer than it was. It meant we didn't bother with things that weren't important and focused on what was.

• Like 3

It'll be 10 years this year. Hubby and I eloped, we invited a couple of friends (as witnesses) and that was it, we got married and then rang our families to tell them. It saved a lot of hassle for me as it meant I didn't have to worry about offending anyone in my large, extended family.

• Like 2