FreshStart2

Wedding Chatter

Just remember I never got around to posting some photos. Here are a couple until I can reduce the file size of the professional shots.

post-5219-0-35338300-1407755561_thumb.jp

post-5219-0-07203300-1407755692_thumb.jp

post-5219-0-26158500-1407755746_thumb.jp

post-5219-0-37898400-1407757045_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Just remember I never got around to posting some photos. Here are a couple until I can reduce the file size of the professional shots.

Gorgeous!!!! I love looking at wedding photos :D  You look amazing!

• Like 1

I cant possibly share all the photos, there were over 1100 and so many to choose from. but here are a few of my favourites.

post-5219-0-47096500-1407756324_thumb.jp

post-5219-0-19669800-1407756336_thumb.jp

post-5219-0-25949600-1407756342_thumb.jp

post-5219-0-36534100-1407756351_thumb.jp

post-5219-0-42693000-1407756816_thumb.jp

post-5219-0-29042000-1407757265_thumb.jp

post-5219-0-02238000-1407757275_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Wow! Loved your dress :) what beautiful, happy photos. Loved your shoes too! In one pic they came up big on my screen! Super cute.

I cant possibly share all the photos, there were over 1100 and so many to choose from. but here are a few of my favourites.

Gorgeous! And I know what you mean about struggling to pick just a few. Here are some of ours...

post-2779-0-86259400-1407761251_thumb.jp

post-2779-0-39498000-1407761266_thumb.jp

post-2779-0-99297600-1407761281_thumb.jp

post-2779-0-69660600-1407761321_thumb.jp

post-2779-0-10675700-1407761343_thumb.jp

post-2779-0-17821000-1407761375_thumb.jp

post-2779-0-74762900-1407761389_thumb.jp

post-2779-0-54554500-1407761436_thumb.jp

post-2779-0-23784800-1407761456_thumb.jp

post-2779-0-71128400-1407761480_thumb.jp

post-2779-0-17740200-1407761506_thumb.jp

post-2779-0-85866400-1407761756_thumb.jp

• Like 3

You both looked so beautiful and you can see how happy and in love you are!

my wedding is now 7 months away... everything is pretty much organised, really! I took a gamble and ordered my dress a size smaller than I was at the time of the appointment. I hope I did the right thing. The dress is due to arrive in the next few weeks, and I'll have 6 more months to slim into it.

• Like 1

my wedding is now 7 months away... everything is pretty much organised, really! I took a gamble and ordered my dress a size smaller than I was at the time of the appointment. I hope I did the right thing. The dress is due to arrive in the next few weeks, and I'll have 6 more months to slim into it.

That's one heck of a motivator Luce!!  That would snap me into gear. Best of luck, however I'm sure you won't need luck though! ;)

You look beautiful summer lovin :)

There is nothing more motivating than fitting into your wedding gown. Rest assured that hopefully you can have the dress alterred a little if it doesnt fit properly. I actually lost too much weight after ordering my dress and it had to be taken in which is never cheap lol

• Like 1

I didnt read what you wrote but i really wish i could have!

The second my sister started complaining about the length of the bridesmaid dress i wanted, she was out. because i knew she wasnt thinking about making the day special for me, she was worried about how her legs were going to look. I said darling, nobody will be looking at YOU.

I really wanted my big sister to stand next to me. But i know that she would complain about other things and cause me stress. so i just said you either cooperate or dont be in the bridal party, and she chose not.

We're all cool now though.

P.S. Dont listen to this girl Beth, you guys rocked your dresses and shoes and inspired me to have purple shoes at my wedding! (just for me)

I'm having purple shoes too ;)

My goodness Fresh Start 2 your wedding was gorgeous and the bridesmaids dresses are almost exactly the same as what my girls and I looked at (great minds).

I also love the guys suits and your dress - stunning!!!

Just wondering if there are any other bandits out there that are about to start planning a wedding to get this thread up and running again??? I thought this thread was great am excited to be able to post in it!!!

I did have a date set in May but due to some family circumstances we are having to look at something later in the year. I'm hoping now for something in September or October 2015. It does give me longer to plan and also keep losing weight for my dress.

I didn't realize how much effort (and money) went into planning a wedding.

We're starting to plan now, aiming for autumn 2016 :) excited!!!!

• Like 1

Gorgeous brides. Congratulations and thank you for sharing your precious memories with us :)

Happy to say we've finally sorted out our issues (re including both families when they are on different continents). We're having a wedding here in March next year, and then flying immediately to the Middle East for our second wedding with his family.

We've agreed that the wedding here is our wedding - the way we want it lol. And over there the family will take care of all the arrangements, as is traditionally done. With this in mind I actually went and tried my first dress on last weekend! EEEK! SCARY AND EXCITING!!!!

Only thing is, I've just had my sleeve 4 weeks ago, so ordering a dress might be problematic.....

• Like 2

Bumping this baby right back to the top! Where's all the 2015 and beyond "bandit brides"? :)

Im here!!! After a rocky patch my fiance and I have worked things out and could not be happier!!  :wub:

Our wedding is at 3.30 on the 8th August. I went shopping last week with my bridesmaids and found a beautiful dress for them. My dress is getting started in May. 

I decided to make the invitations myself. It has been a lot of work but am almost finished and am pretty happy with the end result. Also a lot cheaper that getting them printed.

We started dance lessons last week and I LOVE it. It is something I have wanted to do for years but was always to afraid to go alone and never had anyone I felt comfortable enough to ask to go with me. Also the additional weight I was carrying around didn't help my confidence to go do something like dancing. We are doing a mixture of private lessons and group classes.

There is so much to organize and time is flying by so fast!!

• Like 2

Congratulations......dance classes sounds like great fun. Enjoy planning everything for your big day....can't wait to see pics :)

• Like 1

Our wedding is 7 June :) So far I have:

• Dress
  • Venue
  • Photographer
  • Celebrant
  • Hair
  • Makeup
  • Cars
  • Flowers
  • Decorations for the home (cultural)

Still have a lot to do, but at least my big ticket items are in!

• Like 2

Our wedding is 7 June :) So far I have:

• Dress
  • Venue
  • Photographer
  • Celebrant
  • Hair
  • Makeup
  • Cars
  • Flowers
  • Decorations for the home (cultural)

Still have a lot to do, but at least my big ticket items are in!

I can tick off all these items as well!!

The big worry for us was a minister. The church in my home town does not currently have a minister so I had to find one that was willing to travel. Luckily there is one an hour away that seems lovely and is more than happy to travel. It means a lot to me because I will be getting married in the same church my grandparents were married is. I have lost both of them in the last 12 months so its a nice way for me to honor them. 

My dress is being made. The design is finalized - the dress make will start it it May. The dress maker made a friends wedding gown last year and it was amazing. She also made me feel so relaxed - not always easy when you have to be in underwear and at my size. I didn't feel judged at all!! :)

My next task on my list is the suits for the guys and wedding rings.

My MoH pulled out via email last night!!! I have been trying to get in touch with her for weeks with no response. Im upset and relieved at the same time. It was making things difficult as right from the beginning she showed no interest in the wedding. We have been close friends for a long time and over the last 12 months we have been drifting apart. I know she doesn't like my fiance but Im still supposed to be her friend.  I know things have changed with me having a partner and my time is far more limited that it used to be. But thats life. It was the same when she started seeing her partner.

Am I being overly sensitive. Ive sent her back an email saying I understand (she said it was because or work, family and financial constraints), and I still very much want her to be at the wedding as a guest. I just cant help feeling very flat and a bit hurt at the moment.  :(

it is sad she is not there for your big day, but you know what you need positive vibes now.

• Like 3

Onwards and upwards, it's sad that she has drifted away from you but perhaps a blessing in disguise. So many friendships are put under strain with weddings. You did the right thing asking her to still be a guest at the wedding, that shows great maturity. Having been a bridesmaid and having some bridezillas (not saying you are one at all!!) I have decided when I get married I would like to ask our mothers to be our witnesses and take all that strain away. Perhaps there is someone close to you that you would not have perhaps considered due to the traditional MOH role?

• Like 4

I had a chat to my other bridesmaid last night and she said she would delighted to be my MoH. She is the one that has been helping me all along so I think it will work out much better. 

Im trying so hard to not be a bridezilla but am finding unless I put my foot down, Im being expected to change what my fiance and I want to keep other people happy. We have already compromised the size of the wedding - we both only wanted a nice small wedding of about 60 people. Its now just over 100 invited and Im hoping there will be a few who cannot attend!!!!

At the end of the day what is important is my fiance and I. We will be married and will share that special moment with the people we love. All the ups and downs getting there wont matter in the end.

Our invitations were all posted on Saturday. I made them myself so was pretty proud of them. There was a lot of hours sitting at my desk printing, cutting and sticking!!!

• Like 1