FreshStart2

Wedding Chatter

I would be disappointed and I don't think it's being "Bridezilla" of you to feel that way. I wouldn't let it ruin the friendship as such, be polite to her and if the friendship is meant to be it will survive. Better you found out now though - and it sounds like your new MoH is better suited anyway :)

I met with my wedding planner yesterday, invitations are being made this week, dress will be arriving mid-April... getting  very excited.

We're having trouble sticking to our vision too... which is low key, immediate family and close friends. We wanted about 40 people originally, now it's pushing 70 :( 

• Like 1

My shoes arrived today - I had them made through Shoes of Prey - I LOVE them!!!! Im going to wear them around the office to make sure they are comfortable without ruining them. They are made from satin and lace so I don't want them dirty before my wedding. 

Other plans - I have an appointment with the dress maker next week to finalise the design. I have the lace and will be picking up the satin tomorrow. I was going to get one through a store but just couldn't find one that I loved. They all needed alterations (why is everything strapless!!) and was going to cost a fortune to buy the dress and then pay for the alterations. This way it is exactly what I'm after and will fit me properly!! Im paranoid about having a dress that wont fit me and I will look awful. 

• Like 1

I would love to make my shoes too, but I purchased a set of heels I've worn before in white for my wedding, as they are so comfortable, no blisters. I figured since I'm in them ALL DAY, I would prefer comfort. They are still cute though, just nothing amazing like yours sound!

I'm pretty much all done. Invitations posted for our far away guests and will be giving out the other invitations over the next week, dress arrives this week, DJ booked, wedding stylist locked in and addition hire items sorted. 

I have 52 days according to my planner app, but overall feeling pretty good. 

My shoes arrived today - I had them made through Shoes of Prey - I LOVE them!!!! Im going to wear them around the office to make sure they are comfortable without ruining them. They are made from satin and lace so I don't want them dirty before my wedding. 

Other plans - I have an appointment with the dress maker next week to finalise the design. I have the lace and will be picking up the satin tomorrow. I was going to get one through a store but just couldn't find one that I loved. They all needed alterations (why is everything strapless!!) and was going to cost a fortune to buy the dress and then pay for the alterations. This way it is exactly what I'm after and will fit me properly!! Im paranoid about having a dress that wont fit me and I will look awful. 

PICS!

30 DAYS! I had no stress until recently - now I'm FREAKING OUT.

Any previous brides on here have a check list? How's the plans coming along Kalalan?

• Like 2

Hi Jou Jou

I found heaps of checklists on-line. Just google and find one that suits you. I found most of them were way over the top with heaps of things I was never going to worry about. There were however bits and pieces that I found useful. I have spent a lot of hours reading through checklists!!!!! I do have a pretty good checklist that I was given - PM me you email address if you would like it.

My plans are slowly coming together. I bought the flower girls dress on-line yesterday and went looking at wedding rings last weekend. 

I finally took a pic of my shoes - will upload a pic as soon as I can work out how!! :) I LOVE them soooo much. am wearing them around the office to break them in and make sure I can last all day in them.

RSVPs are starting to come in now. Only 2 months and 26 days to go. I still have to sort out the actual ceremony details. Im waiting on the minister to send me a generic ceremony running sheet and then will add/subtract from there. We have a few people we want to do readings so still have to sort out what reading and in what order.

Reception decorations are all sorted now. Im just waiting on a quote back from the florist for the final decorations. 

Im still trying to find some nice pew decorations for the church. I dont want to spend a fortune but am not really that crafty to make them myself. Good old ebay!!!

The more I tick off the more real this is getting!!!

So i worked it out!!!!!

Here is my shoes or at least one shoe that is on my foot at the moment!!!

post-10060-0-89011400-1431387200_thumb.j 

and the flower girl dress

post-10060-0-11627300-1431387179_thumb.g 

• Like 2

30 DAYS! I had no stress until recently - now I'm FREAKING OUT.

Any previous brides on here have a check list? How's the plans coming along Kalalan?

Hi JouJou

I just realized the date. How did it all go???? Cant wait to see pics and hear about it. Im sure it was a magnificent day!!

Everything for my wedding seems to be coming together.

After a few months that I hated the planning and the politics of navigating keeping everyone happy, I seem to have some out the other side and am loving ti now.

The church and minister are all organised and the ceremony program all confirmed.

Wedding party are all sorted with their outfits and duties.

RSVPs are still slowly coming in - a lot more Yes' than I expected!!!

The cake is about half done (Im a cake decorator so am doing it myself)

Reception venue all sorted and menu set.

My dress is underway - had another meeting with the dressmaker today.

Flowers are all ordered and deposit paid

Thank you gifts for everyone ordered and on the way

Hair/make-up all sorted. 

Music playlist almost compiled - has anyone else done their own music on a iPod?? If so any hints or tips I should know??? It is something I am a little worried about but fingers crossed. 

Now I can't wait for our big day!!! Sooooooooo very excited. 

• Like 2

Hi all, long time no post!

I'm officially all married off. Overall, the day went pretty perfectly. We had a few hiccups, but nothing that I couldn't handle - and in the scheme of things it didn't matter!

I'm so thrilled everything turned out just the way we wanted - including the stunning 22 degree winters day!!!!

Good to see all your planning coming along. My best advice is to enjoy every moment, as it will be over before you know it!

• Like 6

Congratulations!!! Would love to see some pics when you get them back :)

I got to try my wedding gown on today for the first time and I LOVE it. It is exactly what I was picturing. The dress maker is amazing and is so nice to work with. It is wonderful to see her bringing to life this picture that I had in my head. I am sure I am going to feel just like a princess on my wedding day. 

Only just over 6 weeks to go now!!! I cant believe how quickly time is flying by. 

• Like 3

Only 2 weeks and 1 day to go now!!! 

thought I would share a sneak peek at the wedding cake - I made it myself so wanted it finished nice and early.Cake_-_Lights.thumb.jpg.18f6f5631a85690f

Now I just have to get it from Adelaide to Victoria in one piece.

I pick my dress up next week. Ceremony booklets are all printed and just need to be put together. Final numbers have been given to the reception place, music selections finalised, shiny new wedding rings here, shoes have been broken in and are sooo comfortable.

My only hiccup so far has been with one of the wedding cars. I was told yesterday that it now wont be ready in time for my wedding as it is a family friends car that has been restored. There has been a delay with the painting so it wont be done. I did have a back-up plan in place so Im not that worried about it.

Now to put more effort into planning the honeymoon!!!!

• Like 4

How exciting!!! The cake is stunning - great work!!!

• Like 1

So you're all done and dusted, Kalalan? How was your big day? Hope you are having an amazing honeymoon!!!

• Like 1