TK2982

My Band & Me

Hey everyone,

Wow this feels like confession time, as I have not been on here for SO long.

Right now my band is not working for me. in August last year my health took a turn for the worse and I ended up off work for about 5 weeks. Since then I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Ankylosing Spondylitis of my lower spine. It has taken a LONG time or what has felt like a long time to get this diagnosis. What does this mean for my weight loss? Let me just say it's depressing to say the least - the meds I am on are stacking weight on and I am no longer losing weight. Fibro is a pain disease, I am in pain constantly each day and it never eases - when I am stressed or under the pump it hurts and some days I just feel like bawling my eyes out. The Spondylitis gives me great pain in my lower back - thank god I am on meds now that cut that pain upto approx 70% and I feel amazed by that. I hear ppl saying "go exercise it'll be good for you", my Doctor classes going to work as my exercise for the day. I have tried doing extra and the next day I was in complete and utter pain - now I didn't do anything hardcore, a few sit ups and some squats. Even now from this I am on a return to work program, which has dramatically dropped my hours at work because of the amount of pain I am in.

I am seriously thinking about switching to get a sleeve, as the band I don't believe is "right" for me now. It was working fantastic prior to me being unwell, I was exercising everyday too and loved life! Now all the weight I did lose is back on, it's depressing, having to pull out all my old "fat clothes" again  :(

Sorry to here you have been unwell , I understand what your going through as my sister suffers  and is on sickness benifits for

Fibromyalgia its a terrible illness..

I wish you well with the management of it and with your continued weight loss journey;;;

HangInThereCat-Lmg2.gif

Marion

Be kinder to yourself. The weight will come off again, get yourself healthy first.

BTW have you tried hydrotherapy? Just walking in the pool for a lap or two...

I find its good because it takes the weight off my joints and allows me to exercise gently & slowly with far less pain

I haven't actually started any treatment plan for my Fibro, only my Spondylitis is currently under control. I'm a tad embarrassed to say, but I have a fear of the water. I have tried walking, but it's a vicious circle for me - I'm in pain prior to starting (usually have to medicate myself prior to walking long distance), it eases slightly whilst walking, soon as I stop pain is back worse than before and being in pain wears me out like you wouldn't believe. Which is partly the reason why my working hours have had to be reduced now, as I just can't cope.