MissA

My Big Fat Operation - ABC2

I missed the first 15 mins, but I did see the carry on about the needles.  waxing your legs or squeezing a pimple hears alot more than a needle..  she was so much happier 5 mths down the track.

Does any one know how many shows are in the series? I am enjoying them, and good for motivation

I saw a show called DOWN SIZE MY DOG, which I enjoyed as well. They put mum and pup on a diet and exercise plan for 6 wks. I was on prime 2 at 6.30pm, not on at the moment cos of the tennis. I keep missing it though. Have only seen 1 show. amazing to see how much they change shape and the skin looks so much better.

• Like 1

I think there are 6 episodes all up...you can watch them on iView

I can't believe how that lady carried on about being traumatised by the surgery and then later when she went for her first fill. Her reactions were so over the top. Maybe she has a extreme fear of needles.

• Like 2

I can't believe how that lady carried on about being traumatised by the surgery and then later when she went for her first fill. Her reactions were so over the top. Maybe she has a extreme fear of needles.

I must confess I was getting annoyed with her too...maybe she is a very sensitive person, maybe she is a sook but she was really starting to piss me off. But hey, more power to her, I assume she went back for more fills and lost a decent amount of weight in the 8 months.

I did shed a wee tear when her husband surprised her at the photo shoot - she is a very lucky lady to have such a loving man supporting her

• Like 2

Has anyone of you all ever had a fill the way she had hers under the machine as I go in and lie on the bed and my doc puts the needle in and off I go a few seconds later non of that Barium swallow with the fill.

Has anyone of you all ever had a fill the way she had hers under the machine as I go in and lie on the bed and my doc puts the needle in and off I go a few seconds later non of that Barium swallow with the fill.

I had my first fill recently, was painless and doc found it straight away, and I was done in minutes

I had  a barrium swallow srevral hours  after surgeryto check the band was in the right spot. Just drank some stuff and stood in front of an xray machine. . Wasnt strapped to some bizar table like her.  I  recon that would make it more tramatic if you were already afraid.

• Like 1

I agree with you Jinie it would be a lot scarier I had mine a few hours after the op standing up and went home not long after.

I've only ever had mine on a  table...never under xray or scan...there are some people that have their fills under xray...I guess it goes to show the difference in techniques between the UK and here

Yeah I just lay down on the table, he finds, he jabs, it's quick and painless and takes about 30 seconds. Then I just have a drink of water to make sure it goes down and I'm off on my merry way.

• Like 1

The first time I had a ultra sound thing just hand held moved over the port , then the doc. marked on my

records exactly where the port was situated and  all the  following fills he just stabbed me in the correct spot...

:) no drama`s...

Just watched the 2nd episode and I have never had a barium swallow with a fill ever. I had it initially (before surgery) but not since. Also it annoyed me that they mentioned they are 'adding more fill to add more restriction and make her eat even smaller portions', it has nothing to do with restriction and all to do with reducing the appetite... Which is why it works for some without adding any fill at all.

Disappointing on so many levels.

• Like 1

I've watched the first one. Very interesting and wonderful how both have had success. I thought the staff were very supportive as well which is good if you arent feeling good about yourself.

Thanks for putting up the link. :)

just watched episode 3 on Iview.. have to confess that the dark curly haired girl annoyed me at first in the shopping centre with all the chocolate, trifles etc., mainly  because people seem to think all fatties eat like that, I can honestly say I've never hidden food or been obsessed with any one type of food. But anyhow, it was obvious that she had a serious addiction and I felt drawn to her beautiful smile, she seems a lovely lady, so glad for both of them that they have had success with their surgeries.

• Like 1

I thoroughly enjoyed last nights episode as I used to hide food and stuff myself in private...I laughed, cried and cheered for these ladies

• Like 2

I just watched the 3rd episode and it made me take a good hard look at myself before my band.

I would buy food and stuff myself in the car on the way home. Then eat dinner. Can't believe I did these things too. Not to mention takeaway food at lunch time.

Gosh, I am amazed my body didn't reject me before this. 

Shame they don't have any band surgeries on the show.

• Like 1

I just watched the 3rd episode and it made me take a good hard look at myself before my band.

I would buy food and stuff myself in the car on the way home. Then eat dinner. Can't believe I did these things too. Not to mention takeaway food at lunch time.

Gosh, I am amazed my body didn't reject me before this. 

Shame they don't have any band surgeries on the show.

I think last week was a banded person

• Like 1

I think last week was a banded person

Oh you are so right . The young girl at the cake shop.

Blame the mental lapse on anaesthetic :P .

I eat in secret sometimes but I'v never had a stash. More like having a couple of tim-tams before taking the plate out to others or eating the end off a mettwurst after slicing the big part up etc - and then having a full meal or serve after that. All stuff that piles on weight.

• Like 2

just watched episode 3 on Iview.. have to confess that the dark curly haired girl annoyed me at first in the shopping centre with all the chocolate, trifles etc., mainly  because people seem to think all fatties eat like that, I can honestly say I've never hidden food or been obsessed with any one type of food. But anyhow, it was obvious that she had a serious addiction and I felt drawn to her beautiful smile, she seems a lovely lady, so glad for both of them that they have had success with their surgeries.

That lady's "ideal food day" (I think was her description), was pretty close to how I use to eat. I didn't ever have to hide food because I live by myself. I reckon if I was living with someone, I would have hidden my chocolate stash so that they wouldn't have known how much I was eating. It would also guarantee that the other person couldn't eat any of my precious stash. I tend to always eat like a normal person in front of others, but it is when I am alone that I would stuff down 1,000s of calories from chocolate and other sugary foods as quickly as possible.

Everyone gets to be obese because they are eating way more calories than what their body needs with the exception of a tiny percentage of people that have a medical issue that impacts their metabolism. I don't think that how that person is consuming the extra calories is any better or worst than how any other obese person is managing to consume a massive amount of calories on a regular basis.

• Like 2

ok I{m just watching the second one and I have to say that Julie is giving me the shits!  I know I'm gonna sound harsh but if she's emotionally scarred from having a fucking canula put in...her prospects for long term success don't bode well I reckon.  She's soooooo NOT up for this.  Ok, I'll go finish watching now and see if she proves me wrong.

• Like 1

I used to eat in secret. I would buy goodies when my hubby was away anf stash them in my room where tge inlaws couldnt see me eat. And if i got takeaway i would make sure i put the evidence inside dark plastic bags and straight out to the big bin. I rarely do it now. Sometimes i'll have some chocolate or go to maccas for a sundae when my hubby is away at work, but since im still losing weight im feeling less guilty about it and more like a normal person who can enjoy the occasional treat without overdoing it. Once a fortnight sounds fair to me

• Like 1

Missed episode 3. Was it any good? Does anyone know if here is anymore episodes?