RebeccaBell83

Just saying "Hi"

Hi everyone :D

So, I have had my pre op appointment and am now booked for surgery in March. And man do i have a million things running through my head about the whole thing. But here is just a few to start me off...

- FAILING

- Judgement by others

- It just simply not working for me

- Missing food

- Anger at myself

So I guess im just wondering is this normal?

Look forward to getting to know you all

Bec x

COMPLETELY normal!! 

I was afraid to tell people not because they would judge (which they do - my mother in-law was the worst!) but because if I fail I would have to face them. I was terrified of failing but once it was done and the weight started moving something clicked inside of me and I just wanted to see those numbers keep moving. I have been banded 3months and am already half way to my goal. 25kg down- this is really fast compared to others so don't compare your loss to others. 

I wasn't going to tell anyone about the surgery but after I had it I couldn't help my self and now I tell everyone. If people ask how I lost the weight I tell them and I am proud. Think of it as a tool and you are the one that will make it work for you.

It is not easy for the first month but it gets so much easier. Now I don't crave food or junk food or sweet foods. I now love to exercise because my energy levels are through the roof!

Some days I really miss food. It was such a huge part of my life - everything I did involved food and snacking. Some days it gets me really really down but then the next day I wake up, jump on the scales and see that number go down again:)

Some days I regret having it but that is very rarely and it usually passes pretty quickly - just have to think what is more important, food or health and being active.

Sorry I can go on and on. Don't want to give you too much to read!

Where are you and who is your surgeon?

• Like 6

It's like you read my mind and wrote a post!

welcome to a great group and congrtz on taking this step to get healthy..

All those thoughts are normal....best move I have made , you will not look back...

Good luck on yur Journey..

Marion

• Like 1

Totally normal. I can't tell u how many nights sleep I lost stressing about the exact same questions and many more. 6 months post op and the questions are a distant memory and your post just reminded me of them.

Congratulations for going to the first appoint and getting informed. It's a long road but one worth taking in my opinion

• Like 1

Welcome Bec!

You've come to the right place. When I wrote my first post the response was amazing, it was like entering a room ful of people who wanted to give you a great big hug. It still feels that way when you post a new topic and your worried about whats normal and whats not.

Some much warrented advice I would give, and others would say so too, is to go and give some of the old topics and posts a good read. Especially in FAQ. You have no idea how excited I was when I found a post about popcorn! I was thinking this would be a nogo food after being banded but you can learn so much from peoples experiences and hopefully yours will be similar. Have a look through the FAQ topics, a few topics that might stick out to you in the bandit lounge and also prehaps have a look at some of the pages in Introductions of the people who have most recently been banded in the last few months. Even though I was banded in December, I started my journey reading in the November bunch, who were all so lovely.

Have a good read and if your still not sure or want to clarify anything specific ask again by writing a new topic! Everyone is here to help.

Good luck and keep us in the loop!

Jen xx

PS: However make sure you remember everybody is different and this is just an place we share experiences not seek medical advice. :mellow: :) although if things seem to go bad, most people will tell you to seek medical advice anyhow.