aus6andit

Hardwork....but it is worth it

The day started with an hour circuit class at 6am, then i came home and backed it up with a 7k power walk. As i walked I thought about how far I have come. My decision to have lapband sugery (aug 2011) and a lower body lift (sep 2012) have been life changing.  I set goals and with hard work and dogged determination I have achieved them. I havent reached my personal weight range yet but i am close and  I am very happy where I am at the moment. Now i love to sweat and am so proud that friends have been inspired to get healthy because of my commitment. My motto live life dont just exist in it....i live this every day.....

ps...remember sweat is your fat crying..

post-3860-0-22416200-1357886741_thumb.jp

• Like 5

You look fantastic! It's so great reading things like what you have posted here. I'm not quite three months in and have lost just over 7kg, and recognise that is good, but you know what it's like - staying patient is a really hard thing to do!

• Like 1

hi Lori  remember your decision was for a lifetime so things dont have to happen in a few months although we all want them to. In my experience others never notice the change until you have lost at least 10k. Now for the most important thing i can say to you to loose it you have to move it, i started hiding in the pool doing water aerobics ok getting in and out was not not great...but hey no one is looking. the other thing is never rely on someone else to exercise with you, if they want too great but you are getting out there and moving you k's not theirs..pls give me a kick up the butt when i need it as i do fall off the wagon now and then

• Like 1

Thanks, I agree with what you are saying totally.

Today I am really struggling with my last fill - some tablets I took this morning are just sitting there at the top of my band I think and I just can't eat anything at all now without it being super uncomfortable. Really hoping it settles as I'm in a fair bit of pain - shoulder tip which is my signal that I've done something wrong! And consequently I'm struggling to get anything at all done. Just can't focus. I'll get there and keep telling myself this is all part of the long term journey of 'getting it right'....

• Like 1

Hey Lori sounds like you have too much fill, if it is still there and hasnt come up ) phlem builds and it only has one way to go. Then it might be a good idea to contact your dr office even after hours they will have a contact person to help, u may have to go in to take out some fill. About a yr after my band i had too much fill and like u had a few painful moments until my band ended up slipping and constricting my stomach which after an ambulance ride 37h of excruciating painand vomitting I had to be operated on to have the band released and of course then I had to have another op to reattach,,,,,,,,,,,take care and pls dont let it go on too long

• Like 1

Thanks. That's what I'm worried about. I'll give it a few days to settle, but I'm thinking that a mil this time was too much. Unfortunately, my doc is at the other end of the state and only in my local town once a fortnight, so I might be in for a 2.5 hour drive to get it sorted. I'm happy to do that to get it under control but don't want to react too quickly. I'll give it till Monday. I'm getting fluids down at the moment, so at least I won't get dehydrated.

You look amazing!!

Congratulations on achieving your goals and your wonderful new look!

• Like 1