Sezza

What do you do for fun?

I thought it might be weird for you going to cities - its a bit like reverse culture shock I think. When I lived in Taiwan (for 3 years) I knew plenty of expats and the Taiwanese folk were lovely, but I got so use to having certain conversations, treated a certain way in shops (they were often scared to ask if i needed help as they would have to use their english, and get embarrassed) and eventually didnt pay attention to all the noise (people talking) as I didnt know what they were saying anyway. Plus, the shopping was different, there was some western food, but not like here.

WELL.....when I came to Oz, I just had information overload. I went to DFO shopping and in every shop the assistants were so chatty...and I just wasn't use to "small talk" anymore - you know, the weather, was it busy, what was i looking for etc. Groups of girls shopping - i hadn't seen a pack of nattering teenagers (understanding what they were saying) in years. Everyone was just talking talking talking. It was funny as I have always been a blether, so it was weird for me to notice this - especially conversations about nothing (like deciding which shop to visit next - it would take 5 minutes of deliberating for them to work it out). It made me smile to hear that kind of conversation again. And my first trip to a western supermarket in 3 years was hilarious. I was picking things up and putting them in my basket simply because i hadn't had them or seen them in such a long time (then I put some back when i realised i was being a maniac).

Now i prefer places that are not so busy when I'm shopping. i like the assistants to leave me alone until i ask for help, and I am also very happy with my own company.

You must notice changes more than others, when you get to cities?  

You will like the walking dead -  it has lots of "walking dead" at the beginning, but it gets more character involved in series 2. New series is out in U.S on Sunday.....i dont think i can wait for it to come out here - so will have to watch it online on monday :)

Yep, I am quite happy in my own company generally and don't like a lot of chatter or talking for the sake of it (I know this is hard to believe with my 65 posts in a week here :D) so after being out here, I actually get annoyed with people, particularly at the supermarket when people get in your space, reach around you to get stuff etc. we go to Kal for quick shopping from here and it's not so bad, but when we went to the Gold Coast..hated it. Too many people in too little space, too much traffic and chaos.

• Like 2

I can't stand Sydney traffic and Sydney crowds these days. I lived there for 5 years until I moved to Canberra. As much as I moan about the winters here, it is (in my opinion) the best capital city in Australia. I love that I can hop in my car and be at work in 15-20 mins, I get parking at work, it's an easy city to get around and it's a great place to raise a family.

I get annoyed and a little intimidated by the noise, fast pace and crowds of Sydney

• Like 1

I cycle and participate in aqua fit classes. my main activity for fun is pampering ladies with The Body Shop at Home. I run my own business and love meeting new people and sharing ours yummy bath and beauty products. Oh and giving FREE products to my wonderful hosts.

I play quite a bit of netball. I also coach an under 10s team and umpire. I read SO much. I'm one of those people who can never put a book down, so I go through them so fast. I like to watch movies too.

• Like 1

Hmm my hobbie is clay target shooting!!! Love the feel of smashing a target. Have to wait three weeks before I can start again!!!!

I have also started to run, we'll hit shoe shuffle as I call it bu it is a big step for me :)

• Like 2

Went on a 85 klm mountain bike ride today and even though at times when its extremely hard going I keep telling myself its great exercise and oh boy is my bum numb tonight cause I've been breaking in a new saddle.

Wow Sezza, you like in such a gorgeous part of the country. I used to work for motor reg in SA and they used to have a ban that took the services out to remote areas. My favourite run was the Port Lincoln to Nullabor and back, just gorgeous out there.

As I work full time and study at uni part time, I don't have much time to do a great deal but if I did, I love getting crafty. Crafty stuff ranges from card making, scrapbooking, sewing/quilting and folk art. Aswell as this, I love doing the family tree, stuffing around with my 2 dogs, camping and photography :-)

The Bold and the Beautiful!

So terrible that it's brilliant!

It's the most popular TV show in the world for a reason!

• Like 1

This is a great thread and has inspired me to think more about a hobby!

I read a lot, binge watch TV shows and go out to lunch, dinner, drinks. I try to get involved with local events like markets, gallery shows, diner en blanc etc or do day trips but that is not really a hobby. I like baking too but can't do as much of it these days! Mr is trying to get me into gaming but it is not working too well!

I enjoy spending time with my kitten, he's just adorable  :wub:  We play around the house together, or just sit and have snuggles.

I am into my TV series (True Blood, Vampire Diaries, The Originals) and I'm also a sucker for the Lifestyle channel on Foxtel haha.

I have some plants in my two courtyards and I'm learning to have a bit of a green thumb. I am currently growing my own lemon tree and hope to have lemons this year. At the rate I go through them it would be great not to have to buy!!

I think I could call boot camp a hobby as well. I get annoyed when we're on break, and despite it being tough as anything I enjoy both the fitness and social aspect. It also helps with my stress levels.

Apart from this, I really just spend time with friends and the fiancée. Going out for coffee, dinners, desserts, the occasional movie. The boy and I like going for drives and discovering new places.

I also take time out of every day to pray (five times). I find this really refreshing and it's a chance to stop everything and focus on something else - perfect for those long, stressful days at work. I read a lot of religious books too :)

I was more into Eric in the later episodes..never could see the attraction of Bill...but Jason..and then Alcide...grrrr... ;)

Me too. I hated Eric in the beginning. Cue sexy haircut and I was in love with this bad boy  :wub:

What did you (and Beth) think of Season 6? I was a bit disappointed at the major anti climax, but it might be interesting to see where it leads in S7!

I've decided to try my hand at painting with watercolour so I am just looking into it, reading and watching others to get a feel for the whole thing.

• Like 1

I like to read - mystery, crime, sci fi, fantasy - Terry Pratchett is my favourite. I play adventure games on the computer, and do a bit of writing. I scrapbook and am trying to do long stitch tapestries. I watch a lot of tv - Castle, Bones, Supernatural, Big Bang Theory. And I love sci fi shows like Stargate and Star Trek.

• Like 1

What did you (and Beth) think of Season 6? I was a bit disappointed at the major anti climax, but it might be interesting to see where it leads in S7!

I thought it was interesting, I loved the whole vamp concentration camp aspect, but not sure how I feel about the whole fairy / warlow story line!! Will be interesting to see what's actually happened with Eric too!

I thought it was interesting, I loved the whole vamp concentration camp aspect, but not sure how I feel about the whole fairy / warlow story line!! Will be interesting to see what's actually happened with Eric too!

Well, I couldn't bear the thought that my beloved Eric actually died, so I googled it. According to the writers, Eric is a series regular and will be in S7 - panic attack avoided!  :lol:

Yes, I was disappointed with the Warlow story. They could have done so much more with it.... 

Yeah, there was no way they would kill him without showing the true death. I knew he wasn't dead. I have the books, but even still, the show is just so different!

How typical Eric though... Naked in the snow haha.

I started to read the books but I didn't like it because it was a bit different to the TV series. I wish I read the books first then watched.

As a general interest I'm into most forms of Motorsport.

For fun I compete in Sprints when time and money allow.

My main focus is Motorkhana, lots of fun with a great bunch of people, side benefit is it teaches people how to control a car.

• Like 1

I have started to learn to sketch and paint and I am finding it to be a good way to relieve stress, not that I get much free time to do anything.