Mrs Miles

YAY Finally Made it

YAY finally made it to Canberra..

Move has gone well so far..

Job sorted..... Apartment move in 25th... Now to explore :)

Does Canberra have many banders and catch ups? I never went to any WA ones but i think that was i knew i was moving :unsure:

Anyways i am getting pretty close to goal and now looking for gyms good walking tracks up Gungahlin way to finally get me there. Anyone from up that way???

well done on being so close to goal :) I go to fernwood in gungahlin but there are lots of different options:) Canberra is filled with different walking tracks :) There is an amazing group on facebook called capital punishment who set up all types of walks and bootcamps :) 

i live up that way also, though not currently able to go to a gym coz of back issues.

I did for a while go to northside fitness in dickson, when i used to live closer to dickson, they were pretty good, not a chain gym but had a good range of equipment and a large range of classes (though i was never into that i was impressed at the range that they had)

• Like 1

Just beware the Goodberry's in Canberra ;). Luckily it's only a once a year or so I get down to Canberra and they don't have outlets anywhere else.

• Like 4

is fernwood good??  i was thinking anytime fitness but i may need a PT as i tend to get lazy ...I think i might just strart with walks the lake isnt too far from where i will be living so if in a few weeks anyone wants to go for a walk message me :)

welcome to 'Berra! we are a quiet, shy lot here and don't often have catch ups...I live on the south side so can't offer advice on gyms on the northside...although Flames Fitness have group PTs...expensive but every session is guided by a PT and there are usually 3 other people in your group each doing there own thing

yes we should...let me get through my course (which I should be done in about 4-5 weeks time) and we'll do it!

finally , fernwood is good :) but im thinking that i might actually take a break from the gym after my op:) I am thinking i will walk , do water areobics ( to help with healing) and maybe do a dance class :) My partner goes to anytime gym , he likes because he can go anytime LOL . They also have PT"s there as well :) Fernwood have things like the foxy challenge and bootcamps :) there are also bootcamps ran down by the lake :) 

I would love to go for a walk :) 

Joined fernwood today. It took a bit and I must say I have gained a few kgs pops but happy to do a meet up or walk. PM :)

• Like 1