Sign in to follow this  
Chantilly

Plastic Surgeons in Canberra

Hi guys, i'm hoping to get a tummy tuck later on in the year and wondering if you have any experiences or heard any recommendations from anyone or horror stories?

I've been to see Dr Taylor, Dr Patel and next week Dr Milovic.

I have friends at work who used to be theatre nurses, i'll ask around for you, they generally have a pretty good idea of who is good or bad :)

• Like 2

ok, sorry its taken me a few days, but i had to wait till i was back at work!

The concensus from my colleagues is that Dr Taylor is highly recommended, Dr Tonks is also good.  They recommend not going with Dr Milovic, they didn't give me a reason why but the recommendation against him was fairly strong.

Good luck :)

Excellent - Thanks Scoots, really appreciate it! :-)

Charlie really recommended Vlad Milovic, interesting. .. I'll meet him on Thursday arvo and check him out.

interesting.  When i asked my colleagues i didn't provide them with any of the names you wrote here, i just asked them who were the good and bad plastic surgeons....yeah, see what you think of him, whats important is that you feel comfortable with whoever is operating on you!

• Like 1

oh, and with the recommendation about Dr Taylor, that came both from a nurse point of view and a patient/friend of patient point of view

Went to see Milovic yesterday - he seems pretty cool, I suspect he's a real perfectionist. He might be hard to work from the nurses view points??

He's going to see if Charlie is happy to do a joint procedure in May when I have my band surgery - *YIKES* I was aiming for the end of the year.... Not sure if Charlie will be into it though so not overly confident about this actually happening and I haven't got Milovic's quote yet either. I should have all three quotes by the end of the day to go through over the weekend and be able to go from there.

Yeah, he could be a bit of an arse towards nurses if he's a perfectionist....good luck, hope your quotes are reasonable!

Hey Chantilly, i think i remember you saying at some point that you were going with dr Taylor, just wanting to ask what made you decide to go with him?, I'm getting to a point now where I'm starting to think I'll need some plastic surgery, probably tummy tuck, maybe other bits, and starting the research part of it all!

Hey Scoots - WOW You've lost some weight!!!! How are you feeling???  :D 

Dr Taylor was really good, the whole initial appt was really streamlined and I got my quote while I was there which made me feel like his practice was professional and on the ball.

He broke it down into 3 stages for me, tummy, arms and bust and then legs and butt. He pulled and lifted my skin to show me something similar to the results I would achieve, ie my tummy tuck will actually lift my inner thighs a little. He told me not to get it all done at once because having the tummy tuck done will change the 'canvas' anyway. He also understood that I want to get this done before I have kids and will leave a little growth room for this and he's made me aware that I will never have a washboard stomach. He just took the time to make me feel comfortable with the procedure and answered all my questions. 

After meeting with him, I met his wife and she went over the procedure again and I had the opportunity to ask further questions and she gave me my quote. The whole process took a good hour. 

I did lots of research online and had recommendations from others - all in all I just felt confident with his abilities. 

Dr Milovich was my next choice, i've heard lots of great recommendations for him too. I would've been happy to go ahead with him if I had the opportunity to have the tummy tuck done when my band was revised but that didn't eventuate. And to be honest i'm glad Dr Mosse said no to that suggestion - my belly was SO massive and gassy after the surgery.

Yeah, reached halfway to goal this week, very exciting. I'm feeling good, but so can't wait to reach goal!

Excellent, good to get that feedback, i've been looking online at various ACT surgeons, mainly at Taylor, Tonks and Milovich, but Dr Taylor by far impressed me the most based on his website. Sounds like he was good and thorough, and sounds like its good then having his wife go over it also, reinforce it all.

I'm currently thinking i'll reach goal somewhere around jan-march, just gotta figure out exactly when they will be finishing building my apartment as to organising what and when for any plastic surgery.

Your wedding is coming up soon isn't it? Bet you're getting excited!

Congrats on getting half way there - that's an awesome loss! But yeah unfortunately there's consequences with the weight loss - I won't feel 'finished' until I get my TT done. I'm really looking forward to it! I hope you can work it into your plans next year. :-)

Yep the wedding is soon - the days are dragging but the weeks are flying by! I think my head is already on holidays and work is the last place I want to be....LOL - I can't wait! Lots of little things to do before we leave on the 5th for Brisbane but the bulk of things are done. I'm starting to relax now, might be the calm before the storm too! HAHA! BRIDEZILLA RAHHHH!!! Nah, don't think so.

Where's your apartment getting built??

Yeah, its unfortunate that there is the negative side to weight loss :( you are gonna feel great once you get your tummy tuck! Hopefully i can get my timing of things to all work out!

Oooo, exciting, lol, bridezilla away :P

In Harrison, presuming they ever start it, the start date keeps getting put back, soooo frustrating!

I know how you feel - I have a house getting built over in WA at the moment, taking forEVER!

Yeah seems like the construction industry in Canberra had a little lull there for a bit but it's just starting to pick up again. Now the election is over hopefully your builder will feel more comfortable to start the project - sooner rather than later!

Hopefully, its getting a bit ridiculous, i reckon i'll be lucky if i'm in by christmas next year currently!

I am an RN at a private hospital in Canberra and had  my tummy tuck surgery with Dr Milovic last year,  and to see such negative words about him from some nurses that someone knows makes me really wonder how true those statements are.  It's not a first hand review from someone who has experienced surgery with him. and you should disregard it.  You've met him yourself - he wants things done right and he follows up his patients long after recovery.    I went to see him because friend of mine referred me to him (she also had her tummy, and breasts too) as well as my GP.   Plus I have done alot of research and since talking about my surgery, I have found that others who have trusted him to perform surgery on themselves or their family members.  All were great experiences.  I agree, that he has a reputation of being a perfectionist (that is what I wanted in a surgeon!), caring and highly skilled/experienced.  That has been my experience to date.  Those who might say something negative (in the above post) could be either because they have allegiances to other plastic surgeons (politics) or because he may have been hard on them for not doing the right thing by his patients.  He gave me his after hours number in case I was concerned about anything and lucky for me, I didn't need to use it.  I have heard that he expects the best care for his patients in hospital.  For instance, I was told by the ward nurse shower with my dressing but his explicit instructions before that were not to get the dressing wet until my dressing appointment.  He corrected it but there is nothing wrong with making sure that I am looked after how he wanted it.  I saw Dr Taylor and went with Dr Vlad because he didn't try to push me into another surgery, like Dr Taylor did.  I left in tears!  So glad to have gone with Dr Vlad, good luck! :)

• Like 1

Hello ladies. I had a band about 4 years ago. Did not reach my dream weight but lost over 15 kegs. I initially wanted to lose 20 altogether . So all good and happy now. However, this tummy tuck thing just hit me only recently and I have booked to see Dr. Taylor but also want to book with Dr . Milo too. From reading comments here and there they both seem to be good and we are lucky to have them here. I will visit both and see who I feel comfortable with.

but I am a public patient and I paid for my band fully from my own money . So, some advice on costs to do with tummy tuck for people like me would be greatly appreciated. Just to be clear, I have no private health fund and want to know if Medicare can or may assist at all? What are my options?

i will update here once I visit Dr Taylor next month.

Cheers...

Edited by Cocoon 2015

Dr Taylor did my Abdominaplasty and it was excellent, Dr Milovich did some eye surgery and it was really bad.

I've heard anecdotally that Dr Taylor is an awesome boob man and Dr Milovec is THE MAN for tummies. I've heard many tales of Dr Taylor's patients requiring revision surgery as the norm due to feathering and skin folds post apronectomy - my own research has shown that revision surgery should be the exception not the rule. I understand that Dr Taylor tells his patients to expect to have revision surgery.

I've heard good things about Dr Milovec and the quality of his work. I've been told that he is very direct (short even) in his manner and I think that can put people off. Perhaps his European background has a part to play in that, as well as his drive for 1000% excellence.

I intend on seeing Dr Milovec for a body lift/tummy tuck/inner thigh lift and arm lift in the next couple of months. My jelly belly is driving me MAD! even though I still have 10 kgs to go until I get to my goal weight.