Sign in to follow this  
scoots

Do canberra bariatric set "goal weights"

hi all, just a question for anyone that might know.  I was just wondering if Canberra Bariatric set "goal weights" for their patients to reach?  Siva and Jason (dietician) have both not said anything to me about a goal weight, though i haven't asked either.  I'm not particularly feeling like i need them to state a goal weight for me, i have a rough idea in my head about what i would be happy with and anything beyond that would just be a bonus.  But was just wondering.  I know from reading the forum that some surgeons/clinics do set goal weights for their patients and some don't....

I set my goal weight with Siva...we based it on my lightest weight as an adult (89 kgs) so I decided on 85 kgs as my first goal weight...ideally I would like to get to 75 kgs, but I'll worry about that when I get there.

• Like 2

Hi Scoots

Charlie based my goal on 50% of my excess weight loss which makes it 83kg. This is basically the bench make of successful weight loss with the band.  This is a great goal and one I have hit but bounced back from due to some complecations. Am intending to surpass it in the not to distant future.  My goal is based on 100% of my excess weight loss so 61kg. 

Have a chat and see what works for you 

• Like 3

Im not sure what goal Charlie set for me bsck then, all I know is that he, Siva and Anne have called me a band success. I might ask Charlie when I see him next though.

In the beginning I just wanted to hit double digits! That took nearly 6 years to get to and stay at permanently.

• Like 2

currently my own personal thoughts, based in part on what i lost with Optifast in the last few years i'm aiming for 80kg.  I'm currently 130kg (give or take), and last year with the optifast i got down to 90.5kg before things went all wrong and my weight started going up again.  Technically my "healthy weight", BMI wise, should be 59-74kg, but i think at 80kg (based on what i was when i was 90kg) I would be a size 12-14, which i would be more than happy with!

• Like 1

pffft to those recommended BMI weights....your body will tell you what weight it will want to be...I think 80 kg is a great target weight!

• Like 2