clairendale

March 2013 Looking for others

Hi Silverandpink,

I was petrified as well. I'm now ten days post op and while it's so easy to say it wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be. I'm not sure if I was just incredibly lucky or if it was because Tony was so great but I really didn't have much pain post at all. Apart from  giving me an anti nausea drug (I had a long drive home and was scared I would vomit)  I didn't need any pain killers after the surgery - not even panadol. The biggest pain I had was some gas pain on day two that felt like a stitch and it hurt to lie down but was fine after some de gas pills. 

I'm starting to find myself a tiny bit more hungry now. I'm still on liquids and am really looking forward to moving to mushys!

Hope everything goes great for you :) Sing out if you have any questions.

Hi jlm, that sounds like you had not such a bad experience, I think it's because people have heard bad things happen and I've prob talked myself into something going wrong! Tony is so lovely and I'm going to be out of pocket about $2000, as I've got ph. It sounds like ur doing well, my love of food has got me where I am today 116kg, my goal weight is 80/85kg. What are your stats?

Oh yes - the pulling feeling in my port has completely gone.

I had my first fill this week with no worries at all and also no more hunger pangs.

This site has supplied me with a lot of information and reassurance given that this process is essentially a very private journey - I am truly grateful!

Hi Claire

Swisse Ultivite + Energy are now definitely the way to go for me, thanks for your advice.

Karen

Hi Silverandpink. I had also talked myself into something bad happening as well but I'm now over three weeks post op and am doing great! No pain at all (not that I ever really had much) and have started doing a bit of exercise - I'm walking the 5 flights of stairs to my car after work, doing a cardio dvd work out (although can only do about 20 minutes at a time), and am walking 4.2 k's a few times a week. I was out of pocket a tiny bit more than that I think but only because Bupa don't pay as much back for the anesthetist. Surgery date I was 118kg and am also hoping to around the 80kg mark. 75 would be amazing though! I'm down 8 and am hoping to lose about 3.5 a month. I'm on my last week of mushy food and starting to look forward to some solid food! You're time to come will fly by :)

• Like 1

Thanks jlm sounds like your doing great! I wanted to ask how far in you can exercise as I don't want everything going 'south' did you have tony?

Yeah I did have tony and so glad i did. Well I went back at work in a week and started walking up five flights of stairs then. But I think it was about two weeks before I started going for longer walks and doing an exercise video. My main problem was it took a bit of time to get my lung capacity back and hurt to take deep breath.