Sign in to follow this  
New me

February bandits

Hi I am from Hobart and had my lap band done on 12 Feb 2013. Anyone else out there in Feb? Weighing in at 107 kgs what an interesting journey it has been so far. Boy was I pleased when the soup stage was over though my husband was very good to me especially his special pumpkin soup and my dads bacon & veggie soup was to die for but there is only so much soup one can stomach.

I was banded by Dr Tony Pat and he has been lovely especially when he told me I lost 7 kg in my first four weeks. Boy was I happy and felt very proud of myself. I had 3 mls injected for my first visit but feeling a bit hungry now, don't go back till 10 April and I'm sure he will bump it up then.

I would love to here how fellow bandits are going, this is a great site full of useful information.

Cheers

Jill

• Like 1

Hi I am from Hobart and had my lap band done on 12 Feb 2013. Anyone else out there in Feb? Weighing in at 107 kgs what an interesting journey it has been so far. Boy was I pleased when the soup stage was over though my husband was very good to me especially his special pumpkin soup and my dads bacon & veggie soup was to die for but there is only so much soup one can stomach.

I was banded by Dr Tony Pat and he has been lovely especially when he told me I lost 7 kg in my first four weeks. Boy was I happy and felt very proud of myself. I had 3 mls injected for my first visit but feeling a bit hungry now, don't go back till 10 April and I'm sure he will bump it up then.

I would love to here how fellow bandits are going, this is a great site full of useful information.

Cheers

Jill

Hell yes Jill, we do have a few other Feb bandits here. Check out this thread, they're all in here (me included)!

Welcome and very happy for you that you're doing so well!

Cheers

Jill

Hi Jill,

I was banded by Dr Patinotis on Feb 4th. I had the standard 3ml fill and am due for the next one in about 1 1/2 weeks :)

I've lost 6kg so far, and have around 28kg to go..

Have you found the first fill made much difference ?

I get fuller slightly quicker than before, but overall I think it's what I'm choosing to eat that's causing the weight loss.

:)

Hi ladies

Thanks for your replies but i have one question, call me dumb but I have no idea how to put my ticker on. Went to the website and completed it but got stuck on how to transfer it to this site. Help please!

Cheers Jill

It took me a while to work it out...Once you're done, go to the section for forum signatures. Click where it says BB code. A code snippet will come up. You need to copy and paste it into the signature section of your settings on here. Don't worry if it's just a line of letters and symbols, once you save it, the ticker will appear :)

Thank you very much for your help, my husband finally worked it out for me! I'm now the proud owner of my own ticker. I've started pounding the pavement and hubby is calling me pin head as I've lost a chin. I am looking forward to my second fill as I'm feeling quite hungry and don't want to start picking at tidbits.

• Like 1

Good stuff :)   I'll be very happy when I lose a chin !

Not sure where my weight has disappeared from, I can't see it yet..

Looking forward to fill number 2, and hopefully some more rstriction..

Hi new me and all other tassie guys. I was banded by tony on the 19th and have lost about 7 kg so far. I had 3 ml in at 4 weeks and have had no restriction at all. So far all the things that should be hard to get down are really easy - rice, reheated chicken even fruit buns!!!!! I am starting to graze and struggle not to go back to all my and habits. Thinking of calling Tony's office next week to see if I can come in earlier than the 4 weeks. Thoughts on this anyone?? Love tony. Very kind and upbeat. Just what I need on this journey. Take care x

Hi Mrs r I have found that food is going down easily too. I had my first "normal" meal tonight, very small chicken parm with a very small amount of veggies and it was yummy and nothing got stuck thank goodness as I've read a few reports and it doesn't sound nice! I have been a bit hungry but not to the extent I used to get pre band. My tummy will growl but I don't get that real hunger feeling. I to thought of contacting Tony but am going to try and ride it out till 10 April but let me know how you go. I don't want to slip back into my bad habits either and it's very hard as I have kids Easter eggs in cupboard and so want to eat them.

I am the same girls. I have 1 more week to wait before I have my second fill. I've been using an online app to track what I'm eating. A few ppl on this site mentioned it - it's called my fitness pal.

At first I found my appetite was less, but it's gradually increased over the last 4 weeks, until it's almost pre-band hunger.

I;ve been told it takes around 3 fills before you notice any real restriction..But hey we're all different, maybe we'll only take 2 !  :)

It's really reassuring we are all experiencing the same things. Good luck guys. I will keep you posted!

• Like 1

I'm laying in bed at moment and my husband is eating toast and the smell is unbearable, I want some so badly but I am resisting. I bought a loaf of whole meal today and going to try a toastie tomorrow for lunch, hopefully it will go down ok. Ah that toast smells so good!!

• Like 1