Kalalan

It all starts in May 2013

Hi,

Sound like everyone is going really well with recovery post op as well as weight loss. Has anyone had 2nd fills already and did it make a huge difference to your restrictions.

I’m feeling much better 5 weeks post op and my sharp(stich-like)pains that I was experiencing since op are settling down but desperately need another fill, as I’m constantly looking for food or eating non-stop and slowly gaining weight back … maybe its head hunger but really don’t know how to stop this continuous overeating!?

Just to give you an idea, surgery day I was 101kg, lowest after op was 96.9 kg and this morning – 5 weeks later I’m at 101.9 kg … extremely depressing right now.  That’s enough feeling sorry for myself and I should put my runners on and go out for a walk in the rain down Southbank!

For everyone in Melbourne, is anyone willing to travel to Watergardens Shopping Centre in Taylors Lakes for a catch-up dinner sometimes in early August/either a Tuesday or Thursday night? Libby has posted invite under the Victoria Forum. Hope to see you there!

Take Care

Joanna

Hi all, after a bit of a process applying for super etc, I was finally banded on 23rd May. I had some shocking shoulder tip pain and port site pain. Its started to ease and I went back to work almost 2 weeks post op. The day after I started back, I started getting a very sharp pain to the left of my belly button. Not constantly but when I got up or made certain movements. I almost went to the Emergency room on Sunday night as it was unbearable at times. Anyways, I got in contact with the hospital & they advised me to go and see my surgeon so I did this yesterday. After looking, poking and prodding around my tummy, he said that all seemed fine & I appear to be healing well! Couldn't explain the pain but thinks its muscular damage. I'm off work again till Friday now. I'm back to see him on Tuesday and providing all is ok, I will then get my first fill. I'm looking forward to this as my appetite has now come back, post op. Has anyone else experienced a similar thing? I never expected to be in this much pain, for this long. :(

Hi all, after a bit of a process applying for super etc, I was finally banded on 23rd May. I had some shocking shoulder tip pain and port site pain. Its started to ease and I went back to work almost 2 weeks post op. The day after I started back, I started getting a very sharp pain to the left of my belly button. Not constantly but when I got up or made certain movements. I almost went to the Emergency room on Sunday night as it was unbearable at times. Anyways, I got in contact with the hospital & they advised me to go and see my surgeon so I did this yesterday. After looking, poking and prodding around my tummy, he said that all seemed fine & I appear to be healing well! Couldn't explain the pain but thinks its muscular damage. I'm off work again till Friday now. I'm back to see him on Tuesday and providing all is ok, I will then get my first fill. I'm looking forward to this as my appetite has now come back, post op. Has anyone else experienced a similar thing? I never expected to be in this much pain, for this long. :(

Hi Lisa,

I had the EXACT same thing, an excruciating pain on the left side of my belly button when I stood up straight or walked.. I did end up going back in hospitall overnight a few days after my op for observation and it slowly went away the more active I became.. I was told it was my port and that everything was very inflammed in that area.. I hadn't expected that much pain either.. I figured I would be out of work for3 or 4 days but ended up having 2 weeks off post op and STILL went home early on my first day back..

What did everyone get on their first fill? Just want to know average as I got 5ml put in my 10ml band for first fill :)

What did everyone get on their first fill? Just want to know average as I got 5ml put in my 10ml band for first fill :)

I had 4 ml put into a 12 ml band 2 weeks ago. I'm going back tomorrow because I don't feel any real restriction. My surgeon doesn't put any fill in at the time of surgery.

I got 5ml too Kara... You have Dolan don't you?.. Takes a bit to get use to....

I had between 2-3mls put in during op and had 1.5ml put in at my first follow up last week.. My band holds between 12-14mls

Hi guys,

Great to hear you all doing well. I am coming up 4 weeks post op and have my postop check with Dr Dolan on Monday when I hope to get some fill. How much should I ask for for first fill????? Bit peeved with my weightless, haven't really lost anything since end of week 1 on liquids...... Scales have been disappointing me on my weekly weighing, no gains but no real losses despite eating/drinking loads less from pre-band days! I hope this isnt the trend to come!!!!???!!! Today however because I am fed up am indulging in a glass or two of vino and am loving t! Xxx

Hi! Had 4ml put in my 10ml band on Monday with dr Dolan. Don't think I'm feeling any different, so wondering if I go back for 2nd fill sooner than 4 weeks (which was when I was told to go back).

Hope the weightloss kicks in with your first fill sleaty!

Hi Lisa! I too was so shocked by the pain I was having. Still getting some port site pain, but from what I've read on the forums, that's pretty normal

Hi Joanna! I hear you on the over eating issue... I think this is such a huge adjustment, I'm very quickly returning to old terrible habits!.

I think I had this idea that this first fill was going to be a game changer... but clearly it takes a little bit to get to that green zone. I'm impatient ;) ;)

Hope everyone going well!!

I got 5ml too Kara... You have Dolan don't you?.. Takes a bit to get use to....

Hi Sammj - Yep Dolan - and I dont feel hungry yet mind you I only got it yesterday! haha... but I miss eating, just for the sake of chewing and actually eating.... I can't explain it :S

Hi,

Currently I have 4.8ml in a large band and can’t wait until 27th for my 2nd fill, unfortunately couldn’t get earlier appointment.

I think my problem is being able to eat bread again and maybe that’s why I’m putting weight on as well as the constant thinking about food and snacking on anything insight.

My June challenge to go down to 95k has now gone out the window but maybe this weekend it’s time to watch Prof. O’Brien DVD with the 8 Golden Rules again.

I don’t think I can do OptiFast again to get back on to the weight loss wagon!

Take Care

Joanna

I'm now starting on more solid food and have had some intestinal cramps. My body has gotten used to the easy way LOL. But that too shall pass :)

• Like 1

I did my first training session with my PT last night. Its been 6 weeks since I was allowed to train and it was sooooooooooo good to get back. I have an awesome trainer and gym that has fully supported me in my decision to be banded. I talked her ear off with everything that has been going on. Shes only young so Im the first of her clients she has worked with that is newly banded. She was more that happy to take on all the advice from the Dr, and exercise physiologist I see as part of my clinic visits and was so excited for me when she saw the results Ive had so far.

She did measurements and ive lost 13cm just from my waist. It certainly helps with the motivation to keep going!!!

• Like 1

Another 2 ml added last night to my band and wow can I feel the difference now!!! So glad I went back early.

Has anyone else had pain in their tummy after a fill?? I was fine when I left the doctors office but about 20 minutes later I started getting some cramping like feelings in my tummy. It settled down after a while but I didnt get it last time and wondered if anyone else got it. I figured it was just my tummys reaction to the additional tighness from the band. I am however back on liquids for 24 hours!! Not that I want to eat anything anyway.

Of course there has to be a big morning tea at work this morning!!!!!

Had my follow up appointment today at CBS.

I had my first fill of 6 ml and all appears well.

Surgeon wants to see me again in 6 months unless something unforeseen happens.

I had a few concerns with the follow up post op.

Appears there was some confusion after the op when I was admitted to "The Avenue" with CBS believing The Avenue was doing something and vice versa.

Everything is now sorted

I have been transferred to CBS North for my ongoing support as it's more convenient to home.

:D  :D  :D  :D

I've been avoiding coming on here because I've fallen off the wagon.

I had my first fill of 1.5ml two weeks ago. I did liquids for two days but as soon as it settled down my hunger was back big time. I've eaten big portions, cheated with cakes and chocolate. My weight has gone back up by 2kg of the 5kgs I lost.

On a positive note I'm back exercising with no problems, nothing has ever been really stuck and no PBs.

I know I need more fill, a LOT more. But I'm going on an overseas holiday next Friday with a bunch of friends and I'm a secret bander so I'm afraid to get more. I also heard getting a fill before flying can be risky.

Do I need to harden the F up and get a fill?

I'm embarrassed to see my doctor and see the look of disappointment in his eyes.

Why do you guys think?

I'm embarrassed to see my doctor and see the look of disappointment in his eyes.

Why do you guys think?

Never feel embarrassed to go and see your doctor.

They have seen it all before and you are neither the first or last to fall off the wagon!

The more you delay, the harder it gets. 

• Like 2

Just popped in to say hi hope everyone's doing Well I'm down 13kgs so yayyy me....

• Like 1

Wishing all my May buddies are travelling along well  :D

• Like 2

Hi Everyone,

My God, I haven't been on here in ages and I am now 8 weeks post op!

I have had two fills so far and have an appointment with the surgeon on Monday, I'm not sure I need one as up until now since my last fill three weeks ago i have been feeling pretty good and still losing even though I haven't been exercising. 

I have been stuck a couple of times but not too bad and as long as I chew everything really well i can eat pretty much anything although I haven't bothered with a steak yet. I have even been having small treats like lindt dark chocolate with a touch of sea salt, omg SO good! I am trying to keep it real and be moderate.

I have been feeling really depressed and flat and have had no motivation to exercise at all but yesterday I was sick of laying around feeling sorry for myself and I jumped up, put on some exercise clothes and started couch to 5k, Yay Me, last time I did it I was 10 - 15 kg heavier so this time it was much easier and I did day one no problem at all so now I am really excited to keep going and looking forward to tomorrow so I can do it again, even though my muscles are very sore!

I have lost 18kg now which I am really happy with and life is much easier now, I also don't feel so freakish now and am starting to feel like a 'normal ' size person again, even though I am still 30 -40kg overweight!

MellyMelbs how are you going? I love your new profile pic, gorgeous! I am coming down on Monday if you want to catch up.

Post-opti-mistic How are you, it's been ages!

Hey Rachie and Sammy hope all is well with you guys.

And Nana, haven't heard much from you either!

Big Hugs to all

Lindy

• Like 1

Sorry, No I am not 8 weeks post op, I am 7 doh!

Agree with what Lindy said about your profile pic Mallymelbs... GORGEOUS!  

Sorry to hear you had been feeling depressed Lindy, so pleased you got up and started the couch 2 5k!  Its true what they say about exercise, doesn't just have physical health benefits, but also emotional!  I was suppose to go for a hike in the hills with a friend today, but she ended up picking up a shift so had to cancel.  I should have gone to the gym, but decided to go for coffee instead, now home and trying to catch up on the accounts... eek, I always leave it too long!  Congratulations on the 18kg!  WOO HOO!

Im doing ok.  Find that I am constantly thinking about food, but not because Im hungry... just the mind hunger I suppose.  I have a dr appointment in just over 2 weeks so will hopefully have a second fill.  

Hope everyone else is doing good!  Its been quiet in here as of late!

Rach

I'm doing OK. Had a sneaky weigh today and I have lost 8kg since the sleeve. Dietician and GP are both rapt. TBH it took more out of me that I expected and am only just feeling 'normal' again. Maybe you young bunnies bounce back faster :).