Kalalan

It all starts in May 2013

Hi guys

Pink: I think I know how you are feeling...... I too thought I would be eating less and loosing lots.... I am loosing but it's so slow and I seem to be eating so much less than pre-band days... I too sometimes find it quite demotivating! If its any consolation your weight loss is fantastic to date, I'm still at 11.4kg lost. I had my second fill last week, which brought me to 5.5 in 10ml band, the first 4/5 days I could really feel some restriction, but that seems to have worn off now....., and although I restrict myself to eating less I could eat more.... And the occasional glass of wine is becoming very frequent!!! I knew this wasn't going to be an easy journey, but thought that it wold be a quicker one!!! Having said that, we are loosing and it's a lifelong change, hang in there - you are doing fab....., have watched some of your video blogs..... Keep at it x

Same here.

Initial weight loss was great but the last couple of weeks I have plateaued.

I'm eating less than before, making better choices and doing more exercise but the scales don't move..

I'm more frustrated than depressed and take heart that other on the journey are finding the same thing.

I also hope I can look back and see this as a blip in my journey to a healthier lifestyle.

• Like 1

Hi All,

I had my third fill today, I have 5mls in my 10ml band. I had actually gained 1.8kg in the past three weeks, so so disappointed, I know I have been consuming too many calories just snacking constantly and not stopping when I am satisfied. I feel like I lost all that initial weight and kind of gave up and let myself get away with too much. It's so confusing because this is not supposed to be a diet but it really is, until we get to maintenance we are dieting. I thought going into this that I would just eat normally just smaller portions and that would do it and I suppose it would if I would just stick to three meals a day, I really need to stop all the snacking, it's just eating out of boredom and habit, I know that eventually I will beat this but it is hard going, any suggestions or tips from anyone going through the same thing would be really appreciated.

The doctor I saw today was really nice and positive and she said down the track I will look back at this period of time and it will be just a blip in the whole journey, I really hope so, I'm so scared it will end here because I have lost that initial motivation. 

Having said all that I am definitely still making better choices than pre band!

Sigh, I just have to keep on plugging away!

Hugs coming your way Pink!!! I know it can be disheartening but just think where you were a few short month ago!! This was never going to be an easy road we are on and there are going to be times that we struggle and sometimes take a step or two backwards. But thats OK!! and Im just working that out!! You have had some AMAZING results so far and should be very proud of yourself. Just remember that we have had YEARS of poor habits that we now need to break down and retrain ourselves to living with our bands.

I certainly still snack out of boredom and habit. I have two main danger times - around 5ish when I finish work and again about 9.00 when Im sitting around at home watching TV. Having identified my danger times I am working to come up with alternatives when I start to find myself wanting to raid the fridge. I try very hard not to have snacky foods in the house but thats much easier for me cause I live alone and dont have to worry about anyone else!! I try distrations through reading or some other hobby. Sometimes just keeping my hands and brain busy is enough to stop the desire to snack. Perhaps now is a good time to take up a new hobby!!

I saw the Dr again last night and he is happy with my progress so far. He did give me another 1/2ml taking me up to 7.5ml. Total of 19.1kg lost so far!! So close to the 20kg mark. i still cant believe that I have actually lost that much weight!! But still a long way to go!!!!!

Hi all!

Hope everyone is well, and had a great weekend!  I had my second fill today, now have 5 mls in a 10ml band.  Cant wait to see what kind of difference it makes. 

Quick question... what do you guys do, diet wise post fill?  The surgeon said nothing after my first fill, and today the physician said nothing (re sticking to fluids or mushies for a certain amount of time).  I have have only had a drinking yoghurt since the fill, and will have soup for dinner... but just curious what other Dr's say.

Congratulations to everyone having awesome losses!  I think we have been pretty lucky this month with regards to nil complications (SO FAR TOUCH WOOD!)

Rach

Hi Rach

My Doctor recommends fluids/mushies for the first 24 hours after a fill. He said if there is going to be a problem its better finding out with something soft that with something solid that will be really hard to move if stuck!!

We are also provided with an after hours emergency contact number for my doctor so I guess if we take it easy he is less likely to get phone calls in the middle of the night because something is stuck!!!!

Hey, where have all the May bandits gone??????? It's very quiet on here..... I hope everyone is doing OK??

Had my regular Fri weighin today, and have had my first gain "gulp"..... Have gained 0.4kg.... But have to confess haven't done my exercise classes this week, I struggle to find the,time when the kids are on school hols, and have reverted to drinking wine most evenings again (prob something to do with school hols too lol!).

So need to get more focused again, and am looking forward to some more fill on Monday week, am starting to get hungrier again.

Anyway, just thought I'd check in - hope you are all well...x

Doing end of year tax stuff and planning the move to the new shop. I am exhausted and feeling crappy to be honest. Id love to shut the door and go home and have a sleep.

Hey all just thought I'd check in 11weeks post op tomorrow 18kg down so I'm well pleased...still being very strict with myself and go for a fill on 29th I have 5.5 at the moment so will see what they have to say hope all my band buddies are doing well....chat soon...

I had a follow up at CBS on Thursday morning.. (side note, I LOVE my surgeon Paul Burton! I was afraid finding 'green zone' was going to take ages but I go and see him every 2 weeks and I LOVE it!) anyway. I had lost 2.8kgs in the 2 weeks between my last fill. I got another .5 which brings me to 7.5mls in a 14ml band. I weighed myself this morning (completely naked :P ) and I have hit 22.6kgs lost!!!!!!!!!!!!! weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! Feeling pretty good about myself. And today I've had about 3 or 4 bites of chicken breast and 3 chips for lunch. about 1/4-1/3 cup of potato salad for dinner and then 1/2 a toasted sandwich just now that I've got home from work. Haven't felt hungry between meals!!! Hope I stay like this forever :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  Lovin' the band!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Green zone is finding the perfect amount of fill for your band.. Each person varies and what might work for one person could be too much fill for another (or not enough).

Hi Y'all,

Could someone please explain the "Green Zone"?

I'm assuming it's a Band thing as, as a Sleever, no-one has mentioned it to me.

Cheers

Specific to those with a band..

Have a read here if you are interested.

http://www.bandedliving.com/public/Lap_Band_Fills__The_Green_Zone.cfm

• Like 1

I think someone stole my will power!!!!!!! It seems to have dissapeared for the last week. Seriously anything and everything was fair game to eat. It was almost like pre-banding just not quite the quantities I would have normally eaten. I dont know if its the cold weather or Ive been feeling off for a while but I just had so much troubel controlling myself!!!

That being said Im determined to get back on track today. The house has been emptied of all the snacking foods, my plan is back in place and Im going to go back to taking it one day at a time. I think I was getting complacent with the band and need to re-focus on the things I can do for myself to make this work.

My goal - Im flying to Sydney in a few weeks and I want to loose another 5kg before then. Thats a bit over a kg per week and should be achieved if I stick to my plan and exercise.

Fingers crossed - I can do this!!!

• Like 1

I put in a previous post that I was given some valium last week for stress and it made me crave everything that I looked at. I was good, only going up to 1200 cal on two days but that's all it took.

TBH I have found it harder to lose since the sleeve than before it but I think that's got more to do with getting to the plateau stage than anything else.

I think someone stole my will power!!!!!!! It seems to have dissapeared for the last week. Seriously anything and everything was fair game to eat. It was almost like pre-banding just not quite the quantities I would have normally eaten. I dont know if its the cold weather or Ive been feeling off for a while but I just had so much troubel controlling myself!!!

That being said Im determined to get back on track today. The house has been emptied of all the snacking foods, my plan is back in place and Im going to go back to taking it one day at a time. I think I was getting complacent with the band and need to re-focus on the things I can do for myself to make this work.

My goal - Im flying to Sydney in a few weeks and I want to loose another 5kg before then. Thats a bit over a kg per week and should be achieved if I stick to my plan and exercise.

Fingers crossed - I can do this!!!

I put in a previous post that I was given some valium last week for stress and it made me crave everything that I looked at. I was good, only going up to 1200 cal on two days but that's all it took.

Only going up to 1200 cal is still really good considering the stress you have been under!! I dont even want to think about the amount of calories Ive consumed last week!!

I figure we all have set backs and I've been back on track the last two days!!

I think the head hunger is going to be the hardest part of all of this. It is such an ingrained coping mechinism that I sometimes dont even realise what Im doing or more important in the moment I dont really care!! Im still looking for ways to deal with this - Im open to any and all suggestions!!

For me this has been 100% proof that there are physical changes to the brain chemistry that contribute to obesity.

Only going up to 1200 cal is still really good considering the stress you have been under!! I dont even want to think about the amount of calories Ive consumed last week!!

I figure we all have set backs and I've been back on track the last two days!!

I think the head hunger is going to be the hardest part of all of this. It is such an ingrained coping mechinism that I sometimes dont even realise what Im doing or more important in the moment I dont really care!! Im still looking for ways to deal with this - Im open to any and all suggestions!!

I know this is one of those cliché diet tips but when you think you are hungry, try having a glass of water or two. Wait about 10-15 minutes and re-assess. This has been my hardest struggle. I will feel a certain sensation in my abdomen and automatically think 'time to eat!' but I read somewhere that if you are constantly eating, you lose the ability to recognize actual hunger and oftentimes, what you think is hunger is actually THIRST. I have been trying to take the time to tune into my body and determine if I am actually hungry or just bored/thirsty/emotional. I have a hard time with this so I know that saying 'oh have some water, it will help' is so much easier then doing it but I feel like I am making progress.. Anyway, good luck with the HH and if you find something that works, let me know ;)

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Kalalan very kindly checked up on me so I thought I had better pop in and say hi!

I had a terrible monthe where I was really depressed, snacking all the time and didn't lose anything. Then two weeks ago the fog lifted,I had another fill and I am feeling SO much better.

I have been tracking on my fitness pal which I love (didn't think I would) and it really helps.

I started the Optifast diet on 14th April at 140.8kg and had surgery on 2nd May and am now down 22.8kg to 118kg!

I am still wearing size 20 but getting SO close to an 18 actually I can fit plus size 18s but not 'normal' 18's. I just want to go into the regular section of target and fit into some size 18 jeans, Then I will really celebrate!

I hope you are all well

Big love from me

Lindy xxxxx

• Like 1

I am extremely depressed right now but I have not used food as a comfort. I am frustrated that I cannot get all my chores done because some of them are quite urgent and I cannot afford to pay anyone to come in and help. I know it will be OK but sometimes its just hard to see the path out of the woods. At least all my taxes are paid :)

Big Hugs Nanna!!! I wish I had some fantastic words of wisdom for you but really all I can do is offer support and hope that things get better for you soon.

You have done such an amazing job so far and you should be so very proud of yourself and everything you have achieve. Not just with your own weight loss but also the encouragement and support you offer to others on this site. 

Take care of yourself.

Kalalan

All quiet on the May 2013 front!

Hope everyone is going well and getting close to their Green Zone.

Hi everyone just been for 3rd fill now have 5.8 in band and have lost 19kg in 12 weeks so all good with me....how's everyone else doing?...

Thank you :). Sitting here howling my eyes out, thinking of Emma who we had put to sleep yesterday (hips and knees). Our other girl has cancer and I can see in her eyes that she's not doing too well either. God I am such a sook. And now I have one hour to get the red out of my eyes before I open the shop.

Big Hugs Nanna!!! I wish I had some fantastic words of wisdom for you but really all I can do is offer support and hope that things get better for you soon.

You have done such an amazing job so far and you should be so very proud of yourself and everything you have achieve. Not just with your own weight loss but also the encouragement and support you offer to others on this site. 

Take care of yourself.

Kalalan

Im so sorry Nanna!!! Our pets are such an important part of our family and its so sad to have to say goodbye. :(

My thoughts are with you!

xxoo

Hope everyone is going well and getting close to their Green Zone.

I went back to the Doctor on thursday and he wouldnt give me any more fill!! He is happy with my weight loss - I'd lost a bit over a kg in two weeks.

while I would like it to be coming off a bit faster he was happy with a slow and steady loss.

I wasnt sure about being in the green zone or not. I dont seem to have the same reactions that a lot seem to have. I have had no stuck moments - there really hasnt been anything I havent been able to eat. I get a little bit of tightness between my shoulder blades if I accidently swallow something without chewing it as well as I should but it still goes through. It also seems to take a little more food that i thought I would be eating to be full. Im still not eating large amounts but it seems to be more than what others are eating. I mentioned this to the doctor and he pretty much said while I am losing weight and not having stuck moments - dont worry about it!!! so thats what Im going to try to do!!!

Hope everyone is doing OK!!

• Like 1