Kalalan

It all starts in May 2013

*hug* Life brings good and bad things to us each day.

You are doing great  by the way. I am seeing Dr Teague on Thursday for a second check up, and not expecting any problems. :)

Im so sorry Nanna!!! Our pets are such an important part of our family and its so sad to have to say goodbye. :(

My thoughts are with you!

xxoo

Hi All - just had to share.

I had my first City Chic experience last night!!! Ive never bothered going in before because I always figurned nothing would fit and its just depressing when even plus size clothes dont fit. anyway Im going to Sydney next week and really needed some new jeans and tops to take because most of the stuff in my wardrobe to 2 big now. I figured with the weight Ive lost it was worth as least giving it a go.

Im now proudly wearing a size 22 pair of City Chic Jeans and a XL jacket!!!! It was a very expensive trip cause I also got bangels and rings. Normally they wont go over my big hands!!! I had such a smile on my face last night after actually fitting into their clothes!! It makes the last few  months of ups and downs worth it and make me actually realise just what I am achieving.

A great non-scale victory Kalalan... Well done u!

I had 0.5 fill on Monday and it appears to have made no difference..... Infact I am wondering if she took it out in error...... Lol!!!! My willpower has gone missing in action, my food choices haven't always been the best, TOM has arrived, I only seem to manage a no2 once a week.... so all in not a great week for me - very disappointed with myself have gained 0.3kg on a fill week with 24hr liquids, so should have lost! Oh well off to Zumba, hoping my willpower returns for this coming week.

I hope everyone else is doing OK, the May group have gone very quiet!! X

TIME FOR A HAPPY DANCE!!!!! :)

I finally broke through the 20kg lost barrier yesterday!! It had seemed like I was never going to reach that goal - I kept getting sooooooooo close then gaining a little then losing - well Im sure everyone knows that particular cycle!!!

Anyway Im officially at 20.2kg lost.

Now to start to focus on the next goal.

• Like 1

Well, I made my goal of 85 by end of July, actually 84.9 to be precise :)

Well Done!!! Thats FANTASTIC!!!!

Great Job Nanna!!!!!!

I have been sooo bad this week.. I had another 0.3ml put in and I also feel like it made no difference.. the past three days I have been literally SHOVELING food into my face hole. I am eating like I don't have a band! I am ashamed to admit this but the other night, wasn't even really hungry and still went to Maccas for dinner.. ate two bites, got stuck, threw up and went right back to it! UGH. I know this is all emotional eating but honestly, can't pinpoint what's causing it.. I've got heaps of optislim left over so thinking of giving that a go this week but to be honest, I have this thought in the back of my head 'you won't stick to it, you are going to fail, the lap band won't work for you'...anyway, haven't eaten anything yet today but that's because it was my first day off in 12 days so I had a massive sleep/lie in.. I have my fortnightly check in/fill appointment next Wednesday so at least I don't have to wait too long to see my Dr.. I think he's only going to want to add in a small fill but I'm going to ask for 1 whole ml (which should take me up to 8.8mls in a 14ml band).. I fly out to the US at the end of the month so will have plenty of time to take some out if it's too much...

Hi everyone my name is Jackie and l had my band on 23rd may. It's been quite interesting and informative reading your posts. My surgeon is Dr Yong and he is really good. I put alot of weight on after a pretty bad car accident in which l ended up with 2 pins at the top of my hip and 2 metal plates in the middle of pelvis there was alot more injuries but having a weak hip and being obese just didn't work well ,so l decided to get the lap band. Diets just always seemed so frustrating and no matter which one l tried l failed in the end. My starting weight was 129.5 and l'm now 113kg now. 43kg to go. There has been a few ups and downs like getting used to what l can and can't eat. I used to love chicken but l can't tolerate it now no matter which way it's cooked and l was terrible for coke lol and l miss that too. Anyway l just thought ld introduce myself and let you hear a bit of my journey so far and look forward to getting to know how you are all coming along too....

Welcome to the May group Jackie.

Congratulations on the weight loss so far!! Great job!!

Its always great to talk to others that are at the same stage in their journey. This is such a great forum to ask questions without being judged or made to feel bad. I know I have good days and really bad days but there is alwys someone here to offer support and offer some great advice. I like knowing Im not alone in this - its by far one of the hardest yet most rewarding things I have ever done for myself.

• Like 1

Hi everyone my name is Jackie and l had my band on 23rd may. ....

Hi Jacqueline welcome to the May 2013 bandits.

We appear to be a fairly quiet crowd.

I'm hoping thats a good thing!

• Like 1

OMG I am soooooo in the Green zone. Ive lost another kg since Sunday which takes me to a total of 21kg!!! I NEVER thought I would be able to lose that much weight.

I am still able to eat anything - I have had no stuck moments, not PBing, I still get hungry but at the right times. Im now finding that my small meals are leaving me satisfied until my next meal is due.  I cant say I forget about eating - I love food and Im not sure forgetting to eat will ever happen but Im satisfied with what I am having. I know I still need to be careful about emotional eating - and if I open that can of worms I will still find it incredibly hard to shut it down again. Ive done it several times since my surgery but in the last week the switch in my head seems to have flicked back to the positive!!!! It would be nice if I knew how to keep that switch permanently in the positive!!!! :)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my band!!!! :D

In the last week and I have had several different people comment on not just my weight loss but how happy I sound. And they are right - I am so much happier at the moment!!

• Like 2

Weigh in day today 15 weeks post op and 22.5 kgs down!!!! So happy love love love my band...xx hope everyone else is doing well please let us know..Sam..x

Congratulations Kalalah, sounds like you have hit the sweet spot.

I have also lost 20+ Kg since the my op.

Looks like we are all loosing about the same amount of weight over a similar time frame.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while, we must be all just getting on with our post surgery lives! Well done Kalalan, SammyJ and Debounce, we are all doing so well.

I am week 15 and 25.5 kg down, I am so happy and love love love my band too. It's been bloody hard but getting easier.

I seem to lose really well for a few weeks then plateau then lose etc, I am now in size 18 and feel like a normal slightly overweight person now, I love it so much and have a lot more energy and love for life, I wouldn't go back in a million years.

Keep up the good work

xxxxx

Lindy

• Like 3

Hi Everyone

Ive been out of action for a while - I have been really sick so havent really been doing very much.

Funny thing is as soon as I got sick I was craving carbs!! I have eaten more bread in the last 10 days than I have in the last 6 months!!!!! I really dont make the best eating choices when I feel like crap!!! Im on the mend now and getting back on the wagon!! Im hoping I will be OK to get back to the gym next week. I didnt think I would miss it as much as I have!!

Im pretty happy with my progress - total loss is 24.2kgs but that has fluctuated over the last week - I think because of being sick and all the extra carbs Ive been having!!!

I did have a check up with the clinc and they were very happy with my progress and confirmed that I was in the green zone. Ive been really lucky and still haveny had any stuck moments - just a small amout of tightness between my shoulder baldes if I eat too much ot too quickly.

I hope everyone is going along well and we are quiet because we are all comfortable with the bands and our new way of life!!!

I still think that the band is by far the best decision I have ever made for myself!! I LOVE it!!

Take Care Everyone!

xxoo

My sleeve is working well for me.

No loss for two weeks which is a bit disappointing but I am not sleeping well and that does affect weight. I am very depressed right now and under huge pressure but I haven't given in and used food as a crutch. My beautiful Retriever is in end stage cancer and the landlord is making life hell for us in ways you would not believe. Doing business does not have to mean throwing morals and ethics out the window. Many people are battling financially and so this has been the hardest winter in 5 years.  Today I did not do my exercise workout, I feel too tired and worn down. Taking one day at a time and looking forward to seeing the GP on Friday.

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would drop in and say Hi and rant about how great I feel! I am loving my band so much, I am not on a diet but I do watch what I eat, I feel like I'm just eating naturally and comfort eating so much anymore, only from time to time and making much much better choices.

I do get stuck sometimes but it is usually just from not waiting long enough before swallowing the next mouthful.

I am down 30.6kg, wearing size 18, I am even wearing a pair of size 18 non stretch denim jeans and now they are starting to get too big, in a few more kilos I will be heading into a 16, woohoo!

Last time I saw the doctor he said that they know that most people lose half of their excess weight in the first 12-18 months and I have already reached that so I am really pleased, I think I really only have another 15 - 20 more to lose, it all just seems such an unbelievable dream come true!

I want to hear everyones stories, come on everyone, come out of hiding!

xxxxxxx

Lindy 

Hey Lindy, that's great news on your journey! You sound like you are doing really well.

I'm happy with my progress, I had another fill yesterday to take me to 4.7ml although I've only lost 20 kilos I think I only need to lose another 8 to 10 kilos... I don't want to be too skinny :)

I do get a little embarresed when everyone starts asking me how I have lost so much weight, haven't told anyone I have been banded.

Hey Ringo,

Long time no see, I'm glad you are doing well, 20kg is a great loss. I agree with you about not getting too skinny, I have no intention of getting down to the lower end of the healthy range for me, I don't mind having a bit of womanly meat on me and I really don't want to have too much saggy skin :)

I'm very happy with my band and can eat nearly anything with only a few stuck moments when I forget to eat slowly.

I haven't had a fill in a couple of visits and am starting to think I have found the elusive "green zone"

Hopefully the lack of stories and activity in this thread indicates we May Bandits are just steaming along with few issues.

Got to be happy with that!

Hi All!

We certainly are a quiet lot :)

Big congratulations to everyone, you're all doing so awesome!  

I have lost 14kg so far, which certainly doesn't sound like much by comparison, but Im still stoked.  People are starting to notice now, and like Ringo, I am struggling when people as how I have lost the weight as it isn't common knowledge.  I have told a handful of my closest friends.  I was reminded on the weekend why I havent told all my friends... I went to the movies with a few ladies on Sunday arvo, and on the way home we got to talking about plastic surgery, and one of the ladies moved onto the topic of gastric bands, and how every second man and their dog has one these days.  I just kept quiet to hear her opinion, and let me just say, it wasnt too nice :(  she said she works with women who have had it, and that when they go out to lunch they have a couple of mouthfuls and then have to excuse themselves to vomit... when the other girls quizzed why they have to vomit, the lady said it was because fat doesn't agree with the band, and they vomit all the time.  I had to bite my tongue from saying that clearly the women she knows are in the red zone :) :) :) 

when people ask how I have lost the weight I say its portion control and making better choices.  That seems to stop the questions :)  I do hate lying and often feel lilke a fraud...  anyway...

anyhoo... look forward to seeing some more updates from our group!!

Rach

xx

Hi All!

We certainly are a quiet lot :)

Big congratulations to everyone, you're all doing so awesome!  

I have lost 14kg so far, which certainly doesn't sound like much by comparison, but Im still stoked.  People are starting to notice now, and like Ringo, I am struggling when people as how I have lost the weight as it isn't common knowledge.  I have told a handful of my closest friends.  I was reminded on the weekend why I havent told all my friends... I went to the movies with a few ladies on Sunday arvo, and on the way home we got to talking about plastic surgery, and one of the ladies moved onto the topic of gastric bands, and how every second man and their dog has one these days.  I just kept quiet to hear her opinion, and let me just say, it wasnt too nice :(  she said she works with women who have had it, and that when they go out to lunch they have a couple of mouthfuls and then have to excuse themselves to vomit... when the other girls quizzed why they have to vomit, the lady said it was because fat doesn't agree with the band, and they vomit all the time.  I had to bite my tongue from saying that clearly the women she knows are in the red zone :) :) :) 

when people ask how I have lost the weight I say its portion control and making better choices.  That seems to stop the questions :)  I do hate lying and often feel lilke a fraud...  anyway...

anyhoo... look forward to seeing some more updates from our group!!

Rach

xx