bekah08

Good intake

Hi everyone !!

I have kinda slowed myself in. To munchies as I am getting hungry... I did a silly thing yesturday and ate KFC pot and gravy. ! It was at my mums house ! But I thought to myself there is no point in getting upset about it ! So I let it go and continued to eat the way I have been... Anyways I can't understand I can't stomach pears purée, any fruit one, a s also with thicken juice I get bad gas shoulder tip! Think I am slowly finding what I won't be able to eat! Anyways as I am healed pretty much, does anyone feel weird in terms with getting use to the band and what you can take .. I am not sure if he filled my band as now feeling hungry all the time .. Is this normal after 1wk and 3 days ??

You will need another fill if you're not yet in the green zone.  Bear in mind that each time you get a fill your stomach will swell with irritation for anything between several days and 2 weeks - this explains why after a fill you initially feel full quickly and then that feeling goes away after your stomach swelling goes down.  Keep going back for fills and you will get to a permanent "fill" which will only then need to be topped up yearly if you have a small amount of atrophying going on in your band.

Don't worry, so soon after the op they don't usually want you to have fills, they want you to heal first, and don't worry too much about the food at the early stage, you will get hungrier as time goes on because the swelling goes away and therefore you have more room in there, most docs say that it takes 2 or 3 fills at least to get into the green zone where you don't feel as hungry

I'm at the same stage and I'm hungry too just trying to make heathy decisions. I have a history of bad habits mainly because I'm so busy running a business I don't take time to really think about what I'm eating. I decided to go on light and easy which so far is really working just having the mini meals or meals in a bowl. My dietician suggested this.

Drinking water helps also. I've been having powerade too it's probably not the best choice but It keeps my energy up during this stage.

I am also doing lite n easy. just breakfast and lunches...its going well

• Like 1