missy_belle

Post Body Lift, Breast, Arm and Thigh Lifts (71kg Loss)

Medicare and PHI rebates updated in my first post. Just got around to putting in all my claim forms. If you're claiming hospital stay related costs, you need to submit a 2 Way Medicare Claim form so Medicare can pay and then they give the paperwork to your PHI to pay the remaining amount. If you use a normal Medicare Claim form (which is used for Dr consults etc) then you also need to separately submit a PHI Claim form with the Medicare Rebate Statement attached to your PHI. Yes, I learnt the hard way about this confusing process.

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing! Did get this done private? Apparently my fund does not cover elective plastics. I there a different way to word to be coved? Just so I know when I finally do it! :)

Yes, the surgeries were done in a private hospital.

These surgeries are not elective "cosmetic surgeries" they are reconstructive plastic surgeries which have a medicare item number which means that PHI should pay the hospital costs and you are entitled to a medicare rebate. All you have to do to check your PHI is ring them up and ask whether your hospital cover applies to the medicare item numbers. The item numbers for my surgeries are listed in the first post on this thread under the costing info.

Yes, the surgeries were done in a private hospital.

These surgeries are not elective "cosmetic surgeries" they are reconstructive plastic surgeries which have a medicare item number which means that PHI should pay the hospital costs and you are entitled to a medicare rebate. All you have to do to check your PHI is ring them up and ask whether your hospital cover applies to the medicare item numbers. The item numbers for my surgeries are listed in the first post on this thread under the costing info.

Thankyou so much! I did see the post with the item numbers. I'm not close to doing it yet but your info has been so in depth and helpful! Thankyou so much! I thought that there would be a way around it! :)

• Like 2

Thankyou so much! I did see the post with the item numbers. I'm not close to doing it yet but your info has been so in depth and helpful! Thankyou so much! I thought that there would be a way around it! :)

How PHI works is very confusing. I was confused about that issue for ages before someone clarified it on another forum. And then after the surgeries I was still confused that the claim for the surgeon and anesthetist fees had to be made to medicare on a special "2 way claim form" not the normal (1 way) claim form and if you accidentally use the normal (1 way) claim form you then have to fill in your PHI medical claim form to get the remaining amount owed back to you. This is because medicare pays 75% of the scheduled fee for these costs when they are related to a hospital stay and PHI pays the remaining 25%. It's like they have intentionally set the process up to be as confusing as possible. And "Extras" are completely useless for these surgeries. This is another thing I was initially confused about.

• Like 1

Missy you are an inspiration. If you don't mind me asking, how much in total did all your reconstructive surgeries cost? I need to start saving.

I can only one day hope to look as good as you :) I am the same height as  you and hoping to also loose more than half my original weight. 7 months banded and 36kg down only 45 kg to go (to get to 79kg)

Missy you are an inspiration. If you don't mind me asking, how much in total did all your reconstructive surgeries cost? I need to start saving.

I can only one day hope to look as good as you :) I am the same height as  you and hoping to also loose more than half my original weight. 7 months banded and 36kg down only 45 kg to go (to get to 79kg)

Thanks. All the costs are at the bottom of the first post in this thread.

Added photo update approx 6 months post surgery for arm lift and body lift to original post. Currently weigh 69kgs (170cm/5'7).

• Like 3

Excellent results Missy.  You must be so pleased.

Great wound approximation, no gaps or dog ears.  Lovely.

• Like 1

Fantastic results! By the smile on your face you are really happy :)

Congratulations on achieving all of your dreams :)

• Like 1

Fantastic results! By the smile on your face you are really happy :)

Congratulations on achieving all of your dreams :)

Well...I was just smiling so the photo looks nicer...but definitely very happy with my results. I love my surgeon.

• Like 1

You have done so well.... and the smile worked for the photos... you look great!! How did the move go!? xx

• Like 1

You have done so well.... and the smile worked for the photos... you look great!! How did the move go!? xx

Good...but still have to unpack about 80% of my stuff....

You look amazing. Continue enjoying your results. And happy unpacking (this can take ages).

• Like 1

Added photo update approx 19 months post surgery for body lift to original post.