jen16

Band not tight but sick anyway

Hey everyone,

I'm having a "I hate my band" week and seem to not be able to keep anything down.

Thing that have stayed down have been risotto(?), lasagne, spinach and ricotta canaloni... (Things id rather not eat, but were available for me to have). But everything else I've tried to eat, chicken thigh..., healthy wraps, salads, roasted AND STEAMED vegetables all come up.

I was even sick at a funeral service today because a ham salad finger sandwich didn't go down.... Now trying to reach the bathrooms when the area is full of ladies and gentlemen above the age of 85 was quite difficult. It's not so easy for them to just "move" out of the way.

Stuff that should go down isn't and stuff that shouldn't go down or should BE put down is staying down.

There doesn't seem to be any "trigger" to it... It is all completely random and I have no idea about what to do about it.

**I'm due to see the banding dr next week for another fill.. I'm currently 4.7ml in a 12-14ml band.

When I'm hungry and can keep food down I can eat a lot. Or shall I say I eat what I should in term of amounts... But I want more and am generally hungry within an hour later. And I'm generally not hungry during the day.

If you have ANY suggestions I'm all ears.

Thanks, Jen x

Hi Jen... I'm not a long time banded person by any means but just noticed that what you are keeping down is all quite soft and probably does not require much chewing. The things coming back up all look like they need time and lots of chewing. Could it be that simple ???

• Like 1

It also seems like they are all more liquidy/oily type products, so maybe you need gravy/cheese sauce etc with your meals?

• Like 1

Oh Jen that is not good.........just plot along in the moment and eat what you can. Try more meals with mince and thick soups as that should go down easier and have more small meals during the day. At times like that I do not care what the Prof says about only eating 2 or 3 meals a day, I eat what I can and when I can,.

I think it might all be from tooooooooooo much partying last week and you are most likely still tiered. Look after yourself, thinking of you.

Libby

I think you should be right soon if not speak to the doc next week and maybe get some fill out not good to loose when you can't eat.

• Like 1

I don't pretend to have the answers, but what I do have is a hug for you- *hug* because I know how frustrating it is!

• Like 2

One word ... Temperamental .. That's what I find with my band .. Some days things go down and other days the same things just get stuck ... But I still love my band .. All the best

• Like 1

I've seriously damaged my neck from vomiting! :( I can't turn my head and I can't even move my eyes to my right side without horrendous pain, let alone turn to look ove my right side.

Gosh I've had a horrible week. First thing tomorrow I will go see my chiropractor and get my neck sorted - (i have complete faith in my chiropractor and know she wont even touch me if she thinks something is not right... luckily i actually had an x-ray of my neck on wednesday! because ive got random pain in my collor bone) and then I may ring CBS. My appointment with CBS is Wednesday but if things don't settle I'll make it earlier.

Hi Jen... I'm not a long time banded person by any means but just noticed that what you are keeping down is all quite soft and probably does not require much chewing. The things coming back up all look like they need time and lots of chewing. Could it be that simple ???

I have tried what seams like everything HairBand. I've tried a variety of different foods, I've tried changing times between bites and the amount I chew.

Do you have an meal idea? I'm open to anything at this stage!

Oh Jen that is not good.........just plot along in the moment and eat what you can. Try more meals with mince and thick soups as that should go down easier and have more small meals during the day. At times like that I do not care what the Prof says about only eating 2 or 3 meals a day, I eat what I can and when I can,.

I think it might all be from tooooooooooo much partying last week and you are most likely still tiered. Look after yourself, thinking of you.

Libby

I think you should be right soon if not speak to the doc next week and maybe get some fill out not good to loose when you can't eat.

Thanks Lib - I questioned maybe my activity during the last week was why I couldn't keep anything down, but the dietician didn't seem to think that was the cause... It was defiantly a cause ( -finally be able to socialize) to eat more - but I didn't.

Today I tried (and then brought up) sushi -which is normally ok!!, then some fresh baked fish which also came up but I was able to come back and finish.

I'm sorry for any guys that may read this but could it be hormones? On Sunday I moved into the sugar pill stage of being on the pill then my period came on Tuesday - which is when the food not staying being down has been its worst.

• Like 1

Ok just successfully got down a crumbed chicken thigh. It's taken about an hour with really small bites though. At the beginning I felt like I could of been sick but I took some time, waited and had a sip of water.

• Like 1

Hi Jen,

I think it could be hormonal as I have problems then as well, I have had my cycle now for over 2 weeks and it has been very temperamental but still love the band. Good idea to see the chiropractor tomorrow and I would still ring CBS tomorrow and speak to the nurse as I have found her to be very helpful when I had a problem. I also do think you might have overdone it last week with Kellie but at least you had a ball which you so needed. Can't wait to catch up with you when I go and see the Prof in a couple of weeks.

Thinking of you Libby

• Like 1

Hi Jen,

I think it could be hormonal as I have problems then as well, I have had my cycle now for over 2 weeks and it has been very temperamental but still love the band. Good idea to see the chiropractor tomorrow and I would still ring CBS tomorrow and speak to the nurse as I have found her to be very helpful when I had a problem. I also do think you might have overdone it last week with Kellie but at least you had a ball which you so needed. Can't wait to catch up with you when I go and see the Prof in a couple of weeks.

Thinking of you Libby

Thanks hun, yeah I can't wait to catch up with you either.

I'm leaning towards hormonal too, especially as this is one of the first times I haven't tried to skip my period...and just followed the course of the pill.

Normally I skip it because its so much hassle with my hip but I've been getting breakthrough bleeding... So I've just gone with it. So this is the first proper cycle I guess? Which is why I'm leaning towards hormonal and not jumping in to have fill removed.

Stick to more thicker soups for the time being as it will fill you up and should not make you too ill. I also like at those times a nice instant cup of miso soup with Seaweed (little sachets in a packet from W/worths Asian section) not too much water or as strong as you like it. I find it very soothing and sometimes I add even more seaweed into it for flavour.

Yes that will do the trick if you normally do not have a cycle it surely will be it, see how you go by Monday if not ring CBS. I chat to you later today on FB.

Libby 

Why do you think your band is not tight when you are constantly PBing which indicates it is tight?

All the foods that you are not PBing are foods I find really easy to eat. It takes a long time after getting a band to work out how much to eat of different foods to prevent PBing all the time. The tighter the band the more careful you have to be to avoid PBing. If your band is tight things that are healthy like meat and vegetables are the most difficult to eat whereas unhealthy junk foods are ironically easy to eat. So you have to work out how tight you want to be with the diet you want to be eating to optimise your weight loss.

I'm really tight at the moment as I want to get off the last couple of kgs, but after that I will be getting my band loosened so I can eat more of the healthy foods and go back to hardly ever PBing.

• Like 1

Why do you think your band is not tight when you are constantly PBing which indicates it is tight?

All the foods that you are not PBing are foods I find really easy to eat. It takes a long time after getting a band to work out how much to eat of different foods to prevent PBing all the time. The tighter the band the more careful you have to be to avoid PBing. If your band is tight things that are healthy like meat and vegetables are the most difficult to eat whereas unhealthy junk foods are ironically easy to eat. So you have to work out how tight you want to be with the diet you want to be eating to optimise your weight loss.

I'm really tight at the moment as I want to get off the last couple of kgs, but after that I will be getting my band loosened so I can eat more of the healthy foods and go back to hardly ever PBing.

Hi Missy_belle!

Thanks for your reply! I do appreciate it. I know my bands not tight because nothing has changed except where I am in my cycle. I also confirmed it today that I'm at the point where I'm fluid retentive and because of where I am in my cycle it makes everything tighter. I have only lost 400grams in the last week... Or 9 days rather. And when I have been in the red zone, I lost 2.5kg in 6 days.

I have tried a variety of different foods - much more than what I had listed in the first message and still PB'ing during some point during the meal.

I see my banding dr. on Wednesday, if things don't settle I'll move my appointment and have fill removed.

Are you properly hydrated?

I am very hungover today after a big birthday celebration last night, and I have been having problems getting food down all day. I think it is because I am dehydrated. 

• Like 1

Yep. Defiantly hydrated.

It all seems to be working now... I've been able to eat 4 meals without bringing anything up.

Hormones! It was damn hormones.

I no longer hate my band!

• Like 1

Thank you for all you thoughts and input

glad it's all sorted XX

Thanks hun.