MAD

May Sleevers

I've got shocking hiccups after having a cup of soup about an hour ago. Same thing happened earlier. I think its just sitting there. I know I am not eating enough so when I feel a bit hungry I am trying to boost my calorie intake. I will not be surprised if it all comes back again :(. I think my tummy is saying it needs something more solid but I don't dare to push the envelope.

The good news is that the backache has gone.

I know what you mean nanna. No way in hell I'm testing anything. I'm sticking to the plan...although I feel my tummy is after more as well. My body seriously doesn't mesh well with all these fluids.

Yay for no back pain!

Hi all. I'm out and fine

Sick.and sore and.not.eating or drinking enough.. But each meal I am trying more

• Like 2

Each day gets easier and better. :)

Hi all. I'm out and fine
Sick.and sore and.not.eating or drinking enough.. But each meal I am trying more

• Like 1

I'm done and all went well. Slept well and have beenuUp and had a walk down the corridor this morning. No nausea or pain to speak of so far .

• Like 2

Excellent to hear Patty!

Woo go Patty. As said earlier, it does get easier.

I weighed myself today and I'm down to 141.7kgs. That's freaking ridiculous.

I sprang a leak today... One of my wounds opened (sort of) and started bleeds really dark blood. Freaked out and call my surgeons nurse manager and she calmed me down... Dark blood= old blood. A blood clot that is escaping so I just have to let it ooze into the dressing. Slightly gross and would love it to stop now.

• Like 1

Mad thats good that it was old blood but scary I'm.sure. Well today is day 3 and I'm.going homeI could stay longer but honestly just Want to see my partner and my kids. Apart from gas pain and stomach spasms I am fine. Eating and drinking is annoying. Just sipping tea for breakfast. I am finding my new tummy doesn't like dairy too much

• Like 1

The blood has finally ceased. But in place of that, I seem to have developed a case of reflux for the last 2 days...it's awful.

What can I take for reflux with my belly? What did everyone else take or do for reflux?

The blood has finally ceased. But in place of that, I seem to have developed a case of reflux for the last 2 days...it's awful.

What can I take for reflux with my belly? What did everyone else take or do for reflux?

Oh that's horrid!

My Dr sent me home with Pantoprazole Sandoz (40mg) with instructions to take one per day.

Best probably to give your Dr a call and see what they want you to take..... if you're not near them, they can usually phone a script in to your local chemist if you have the details.

I hope it gets better soon matie!

Ricki

Oh that's horrid!

My Dr sent me home with Pantoprazole Sandoz (40mg) with instructions to take one per day.

Best probably to give your Dr a call and see what they want you to take..... if you're not near them, they can usually phone a script in to your local chemist if you have the details.

I hope it gets better soon matie!

Ricki

Oh thanks Ricki. Yeah I might have to give them a call in the morning. This is seriously shit house and I'm back at work tomorrow.

Zoton is a dissolvable tablet that I took for a month to prevent any reflux

I was given Pariet by the hospital to take once daily for a month after the operation.

There are lots of different prescription meds for reflux. Alternatively you can give zantac (ranitidine) a try, you can get it from woolies/coles or a pharmacy if you need something until you can get in touch with the surgeon.

Good to hear cdazzle! You're doing great matey. One day at a time. :-)

I have just come back from the doctor to be told I have sinusitis and I'm on antibiotics :-(

Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!

Oh, that sucks, i have chronic problems with sinus infections, they suck, just make sure you finish the full course of antibiotics, and rest lots, it'll probably take 3 or more days for the antibiotics to start to kick in. Make sure you keep your fluids up, even if you have to ea less for a few days.

Feel better soon

i hope you feel better soon mad :) HCM woohoo !! for no sickness

I am day 11 in hospital being treated kindly , super bored . off the drip but they want to pop it back in ... umm there aren't any veins left to canulate. i am covered in bruising . Everyday it will get better and better , i just have to keep telling myself that .

First say of winter today . Can you even believe that it's June , Hey completely insain

Day 11 in hospital?  I thought you were going home after 3 days?  What happened.???

Just keep sipping that fluid cdazzle!

Patty, there is some blog entries by cdazzle that explain her rehospitalisation :)

I'm interested in what happens after you get sleeved and some illness comes up.  I just came out of hospital for severe bronchitous which is impacting on the diabetes.  Guess it is a good thing I haven't had the sleeve done yet.

Take care cd and drink when you can.

I don't know I guess it would be like any illness , except you would need to be aware that you have just had major surgery . Picking the right surgeon means you can let him or her know that you feel unwell and can get the right advice . Also having a Gp you can talk to and support :)