MAD

Struggling with my new tummy and all types of food

I'm really struggling now... To the point where I'm really down.

I can't handle anything it seems.

I can't handle optifast, thin custard, chicken soup, pumpkin soup, frozen yoghurt, ice cream, up & go.

I seem to be able to handle v8 juice smoothies and skim milk and Vaalia breakfast yoghurt (banana & honey).

I had the yummiest chicken soup made by my wonderful friend... Thought I'd found the solution, then I ended up on the toilet yet again.

I'm getting tummy aches like I ate the wrong thing and some things literally go straight through me (seems like dumping from what I read).

Anyone else have this much trouble? I need some advice... I'm starting to really feel like shit and I'm weak and it's starting to get me down in the dumps.

I'm off to see my dietician tomorrow morning so I'm hoping ill get some advice from her. I'm about to head onto mushie stage... Is this going to be any better or worse??

You poor thing! hopefully this gets better for you on the mushies with a broader variety of food on offer. I have coeliac disease and am lactose intolerant so really struggled through both these phases as there was really not a lot I could eat. Hopefully the dietician can offer some safe foods for you that stick away from some sugars that tend to upset the stomach. A lot of people tend to live off baked beans! 2 years on and I still struggle to eat them lol. My only advice is to maybe try and reduce your dairy intake and see if it improves. Hopefully the dietician was of some assistance today. Keep your chin up before you know it you will be eating normally.

I have found my diarrhoea got better since starting mushy food, i think because what is going in is more textured so what is coming out also is, though i am still getting diarrhoea, just not quite as bad. Hope the dietician can provide some good info :)

I've been sick a few times too but its not always right afterwards, sometimes up to an hour or so. I expect it will all settle down again in due course. They have removed most of the tissues so there might be spasming going on that I can't fell. I don't actually feel any nausea either, its just a quick event and then its over.

I'm really struggling now... To the point where I'm really down.

I can't handle anything it seems.

I can't handle optifast, thin custard, chicken soup, pumpkin soup, frozen yoghurt, ice cream, up & go.

I seem to be able to handle v8 juice smoothies and skim milk and Vaalia breakfast yoghurt (banana & honey).

I had the yummiest chicken soup made by my wonderful friend... Thought I'd found the solution, then I ended up on the toilet yet again.

I'm getting tummy aches like I ate the wrong thing and some things literally go straight through me (seems like dumping from what I read).

Anyone else have this much trouble? I need some advice... I'm starting to really feel like shit and I'm weak and it's starting to get me down in the dumps.

I'm off to see my dietician tomorrow morning so I'm hoping ill get some advice from her. I'm about to head onto mushie stage... Is this going to be any better or worse??

Oh MAD you poor luv!

Try not to get down matie.... this too shall pass!

I had the same problem of things "exiting the building thru the basement level" at a very rapid rate, up until starting mushie a couple of days ago.  I would suggest putting a spoon of Benefibre in your shakes to help out with this.  I found it slowed things down a bit. 

CAUTION: Don't use other soluble fibres as most form a gel in your stomach.... NOT GOOD!!! Benefibre is safe and has the added benefit of not spoiling the taste of whatever you are having.

Stick with what works for the new couple of days then try introducing new stuff again.... your body has been thru a huge trauma and there's a heap of healing going on inside so take it one step at a time!

Keep us posted matie, your not alone!!!

Ricki x

• Like 1

It will be OK Mad just keep up with your fluids and try as much as possible to experiment with different things-runny mashed potatoes helped me-look on the bright side at least you aren't stopped up :blink:

I am struggling too. Things getting stuck, making me feel nauseaus. I cannot stomach the vitamin supplements either. They make me feel ill. I'm just going to have to give it time to heal. Yesterday I wondered if they slipped a lap band in there at the same time with the amount of PB I am doing but then I keep telling myself that they fixed a huge hiatus hernia as well and I think the muscles are going into spasm when I swallow things.

Thanks for the support everyone.

I went to the dietician and she's told me I'm doing well...which was a surprise considering I haven't had as much as I thought was necessary.

She told me to keep going with what doesn't upset my tummy and add another glass of milk to my day... Which I can do.

She's said I can start getting onto some potato or pumpkin mash gradually which might help in a few days.

She's told me to also get some Beneprotein which is tasteless protein powder to put in everything. She said this will help as well and some inner health acidophilus to help get some good bugs back in my system.

So annoyed though... I just finished telling her that the Vaalia breakfast yoghurt was staying in the belly well then get home and have some for lunch and back on the toilet again with tummy ache.

The dietician did also say that it can often be the texture that cause the tummy aches and cramps because the tummy is still trying to settle.

I guess this is what I've learnt... No two days are the same... Persevere because you tummy might like something one day and then not the next.

Talk about changing the goal posts!

• Like 2

It's good to hear you are getting better , it much be frustrating ! I really hope that you can eat anything soon