Hi just wanting to know what to say to people if they see my large scar I'm a secret bander only my hubby knows so if anyone sees it I know instantly what to say...

Just say you had laproscopic surgery on your stomach/abdomen/liver/whatever body part you want.. My sister had her gallbladder out and the scars are similar... If they press for specifics, just say it's personal or that you're not ready to talk about it yet.

my surgeon told me to say Hiatus Hernia surgery. Apparently incisions are the same... I am also a secret bandit..... Just finished lying to my co worker who noticed that I've been eating a lot of vegie soup  lately... I got paranoid that she was clicking to why and my surgery so lied and told her I had gone out on the week end for my grandsons first birthday and had eaten loads of pies, sausage rolls, birthday cake etc. All lies to throw her off the track. I just had my first fill and have to be on liquids !!!  Thinking bout it I realise it was just my paranoia ..... she would have no idea !!!  lol 

• Like 1

hiatus hernia, is what alot of people use as the 'go to lie' lol. generally alot of bandits have a hernia that needs repairing whilst the surgeon is in there anyways.

Now would this be day surgery gotta get facts right...

Turn around for laparoscopic gall bladder removal can be 24 hours these days. Yes you could get away with it, leave a bit of mystery. I just say I had some stomach surgery or some investigations.

yes hiatus hernia is the same time frame as banding, the only problem using gall bladder as a reason is that generally you may need to have it removed later anyways and if you use gall bladder as the reason and then need it removed you will be found out. only going off what has been said on other threads about this :)

• Like 1

you could say removal of gall stones? my SIL had gall stones removed and it was all keyhole and i remember seeing her incisions - they looked pretty similar to what I have now after having the sleeve. I think she had to take it easy for about a week post-op.

I also like the sound of saying "investigative surgery" - and then closely followed, but "oh it's a long story" or "don't really want to talk about it" or "i'd rather not say" or something along those lines.

• Like 1

So does everyone eventually have gall bladder issues after lapband

I was told that really rapid weight loss can cause it but no not everyone has trouble.

Large scar you say, why do you have a scar thats even noticable. I have 5 little scares that I can no longer see.

Laugh, as you tell them that's where they removed your third boob that you scored from your Tasmanian heritage! That'll shock them!

An ex of mine had a scar on his shoulder and always said it was where they removed his second head. It always got a laugh.

• Like 3