Hey everybody I've had my band for almost 2 years and lost 40+ kgs

just wondering how everyone goes with eating veggies and fruit I find it so hard they make me feel so sick

its not like I don't like them I love veggies and everything healthy but they don't agree with me

I've tried mashing pureeing making them really soft and still nothing 

• Like 1

What about juicing them just to get the vitamins from the fruit & vegies?

• Like 2

i have been banded for 7 months and finding i am very similar to you. its a pain in the butt figuring out what i can eat and make me feel ok

what about soup ?..... goes down really easily and getting all your nutrients.

I LOVED Fruit and veg but eat fruit very very rarely now, veg I've only just introduced the last few weeks. I have to say I'm feeling better for it. Try soups, I also hide veg in my rissoles or spag bog. I grab a boost juice fresh veg juice when I can. Personally roast veg work best for me - sweet pot, carrots, potato, turnip, eggplant.

• Like 1

I also make lots of veggie soups, I roast my veg first for extra flavour. I also try to have a shreik smoothie as often as I can, I make this with anything green...kale, cucumber, spinach, green apple, avocado, honey, yogurt, ice...blend it up until really smooth. Tastes great.

• Like 1

I made pumpkin soup the other day and for the first time roasted the vegies (pumpkin and carrot) first and I have to say I was amazed at the difference in flavour it made !! Oh my god.... beeeeeutiful !! Then added a bit of coconut light milk.

Have you had problems with all vegies ?

Yes all veggies they are way to heavy even a few bites makes me sick :( it's reall bad I'm going to try what everyone's suggesting :)

I find that some days I can eat a small plat of casserole with steak no problems and then the next day or so I may not be able to eat mince and vegetables. I find making chips out of the sweet potato and pumpkin etc is better than other ways of cooking vegitalbes. However we eat mostly fish and chicken as my husband is diebetic and red meat to often spikes his blood sugar test. I was banded in 2011.

• Like 1

I have this same problem, I've just bought a juicer on line so I can get some veggies in. I really miss the taste of raw vegetables!

I barely eat fruit now as I cant stomach it but salad goes down amazingly. Veg I find hard to digest evan though its mush by the time I swallow just doesn't sit right. But seriously dont give up on trying.

• Like 1