13 hours ago, Bigm666 said:

I've a dilemma I want to lose weight but if I lose it before my operation in 10months I'll no longer be able to qualify for bypass. I know how to lose weight that's not the issue. Its long term weight management that I know I'll get from that new bypass they do as it stops me from absorbing much calories and to curb cravings.... I'm down 1kg ( after a couple days) by just upping my protein intake each day... So its a catch22 because I don't want to gain anymore at the same time I can't lose much without being out of the obese BMI In order to qualify for WLS...

Do you have any obesity-related medical conditions such as high BP, sleep apnoea, diabetes etc?

The cut -off for WLS is a BMI of 30 WITH obesity-related medical conditions.

Just now, denzel said:

Do you have any obesity-related medical conditions such as high BP, sleep apnoea, diabetes etc?

The cut -off for WLS is a BMI of 30 WITH obesity-related medical conditions.

Yes diabetes High BP high Cholesterol and currently 42 BMI

Just now, Bigm666 said:

Yes diabetes High BP high Cholesterol and currently 42 BMI

Well, you can drop weight and still qualify!  All the best!

WIW has come around again.  Down 550 gm for me from 2/52 49.16 kg, body fat % 25.5, BMI 20.86

Sorry to hijack but I'm talking to others who are going through WLS and they have told me that Medicare Will give some money back for the surgery out of pocket i had never heard of that before. One lady got $1100 back off Medicare after WLS.....

Ok back again. I'm terrible with sticking to this weight loss wednesday thing.

I have not lost any weight since I last posted a couple of months ago (sad) but I haven't gained so... at least that's something. 67.7 today. Back on the bandwagon. It's hard because it's so easy to sit at this weight.. I have a normal BMI, I'm not terribly chubby looking or anything and my clothes still fit. But I also know how great I feel at 63kg and how in the grand scheme of things, 5kg is nothing (??? so why is it so hard UGH), and I feel better about myself, it's just enough to make me look overall a bit slimmer and my clothes fit.. but better. So I'm trying to just remind myself of that when I just want to eat good food. I'm also on holiday at the moment before I start my internship in early Jan.. when I'm running around hospital all day it's easy to eat less. When I'm at home and a bit bored it's easy to eat way more!

Anyway. I'll try to stick with this weight loss wednesday stuff from now on. I graduate next week and it would be nice to maybe have the scales show a little less just for that confidence boost you know, haha

Congrats boganlicious and denzel by the way! I've just read your progress here and you've both done amazingly well in the last couple of months! 

69.3kgs. I had surgery Sunday for a female problem. I'm ok just sore and really tired. I'll be honest I've been eating comfort food, time to knuckle down. 

On 11/21/2018 at 5:12 PM, Boganlicious said:

68.3kgs. I made it to the 60s! 

Many, many congratulations and well done!  :)

From Monday (I had a GP appointment and knew that she would want to know what I weighed) , down 540 gm to 48.6 kg, body fat % 23.8, hydration 51.4 %, BMI 20.6

She doesn't want me to lose anymore weight,  she says that I am at the lower end of a healthy  BMI  - I don't think that she knows that the lower end has dropped to a BMI of 18.5 - but I'd like to get back to my "happy weight" of 46-47 kg.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, denzel said:

From Monday (I had a GP appointment and knew that she would want to know what I weighed) , down 540 gm to 48.6 kg, body fat % 23.8, hydration 51.4 %, BMI 20.6

She doesn't want me to lose anymore weight,  she says that I am at the lower end of a healthy  BMI  - I don't think that she knows that the lower end has dropped to a BMI of 18.5 - but I'd like to get back to my "happy weight" of 46-47 kg.

Congratulations on your great result!

You don't have a lot of excess body fat to lose, if you lose those kilos without building muscle, the weight loss will very likely be muscle and not body fat.  

If you build more lean body mass you may actually be a smaller but weigh the same, if that is the case does the scale weight really matter?

Do you have any or a lot of excess skin?  If so, is it possible some of those kilos you want to lose is actually loose skin?

There are plenty of body fat charts about with some minor variances as to the bands, this one is from runtastic.  

image.png.05b27ef0cda4909d2ec1869f6a2be634.png

Thanks  @CarolC 

I had heaps of excess skin following my initial weight loss, and had plastic reconstructive surgery back in 2015  (in my blog :) ).  I would desperately like to get my thighs done.

Well, it's Weigh in Wednesday and today I am about 48.3 kg, BMI 20.5, body fat % 24.3

Off to see my Bariatric surgeon today (he wants to see me).  I have developed oesophogeal motility problems, "Mild to moderate dysmobility with variable hold up at the gastro-oesophageal junction, but no fixed stricture/obstruction .  The gastric sleeve remnant appears somewhat capacious".

I weighed myself yesterday and am 66.4kgs. So close to my goal now and my rings need to be resized again. I'm down to a size 10 - 12. 

• Like 1

I'm booked in for a gastroscopy next Wednesday with a Gastroenterologist.  Will weigh in that am!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, denzel said:

I'm booked in for a gastroscopy next Wednesday with a Gastroenterologist.  Will weigh in that am!

Good luck with it. 

• Like 1