Yes I'm off the insulin and high carbs. I need to have a follow up glucose tolerance test at 6 weeks post partum to make sure I haven't developed type 2. 

I'm a bit bummed as I haven't lost weight in 2 days but I can always exercise more once healed from the c section. I don't dare weigh myself today, we had family photos and newborn shots done yesterday which took 3.5 hours all up by the time he fed, did a poo, different set ups and props. By the end it was late and we were so hungry we had maccas. I feel guilty now but these things happen when caught out sometimes. 

Am going to attempt to walk 4km later today. 

• Like 1

You are doing really well @Boganlicious!  Don't beat yourself up that you hadn't lost weight in 2/7!   Can't wait to see the newborn photos!  Please just be gentle on yourself in this hot weather.  

• Like 1

I'm up 100 grams grrrrr. 

I bought a Fitbit and I love it. It tracks so many things not just steps. I've set my goal for 6500 steps per day and am going over my goal. I've got the Fitbit Charge 2. 

• Like 2

100 gm is nothing @Boganlicious! Pour out 100 ml of water - that's all it is :).  Please don't beat yourself up on it!  You had a HUGE diuresis (water fluid loss) following the birth of your baby - remember how swollen you were prior? 

Good on you for your walking!  and Well Done! 

• Like 2

I know @denzel I'm just feeling impatient. I weighed myself again after a shower and was down a little so who knows. The time of day comes intonit too. 

Will have to keep on going and tracking those steps. 

• Like 2

Hi there, that time of week again, lost 400gms this week. Down to 66.5.

Just a follow up appointment Denzel, i was sleeved 2years ago in October.

Hope everyone had a great week. Cheers.

• Like 2

Whoo hoo! I'm down 900g this week and I've got no idea how I did it. Nothing changed from any other week. My weight this morning was 81.4kg.

Well done Soul Sister. Like you I have a follow up appointment in about 2 weeks. Do you know how long we keep seeing the surgeon for follow up appointments? I also have a Fitbit and I absolutely love it. I've just replaced my Charge 2 with an Alta HR as the battery died in my original Fitbit.

Boganlicious, welcome to Weigh in Wednesday. For a new mum it sounds as if you're doing really well. Like Denzel said, 100g isn't even 1/2 a cup of water.and hopefully it will have disappeared when you next weigh yourself.

• Like 2

Well done @soul sister and @Millymollymandy!

I didn't get around to weighing myself yesterday, or today, so it shall have to be next week.

My surgeon is slack re follow-up.  I think that I had one.  But I also saw him re other surgery I had done. 

• Like 1

So I'm up 600 grams from my lightest weight around 1.5 weeks ago. I'm pretty pissed because I'm doing at least 8000 steps per day but generally more. Yesterday was over 14000. Just need to try to shock my body more. Once I've got the all clear to exercise properly I will. 

• Like 2

Finally get 5 minutes to myself to record my weigh in for today. So this morning my weight was 81.2kg which is a loss this week of 200g. This is slow, slow, slow but I'm still on the way down. I'm now 1.2kg off my goal ans I'm determined to get there by the end of January.

Boganlicious, hang in there. 600g is not a disaster.

Best wishes to everyone else. I hope you've had a great weight loss week.

• Like 1

Quick reply this week, not feeling too good. Ate some ice cream, used to be able to eat whole tub no probs, but just had a cup and feeling real yuk. Good reminder. Up 300gms this week to 66.8, probably ice cream ha. So excited for you Millymollymandy and well done Boganlicious for being accountable. Wish everyon good luck for this time of year. Chees.

• Like 1

I am gutted.

I have put on 1.91 kg in 2 weeks.

My "honeymoon period" is well and truly over.  I can eat, and eat, and eat.

I can't get into the dress I was planning to wear on Christmas Day. 

I'm just going to have to suck it up and go low calorie.

Exercise wise - clocked up about 7 1/2 km walking yesterday.

• Like 1

Argh Denzel that sucks. Good excuse to go shopping but completely understand how devastating that would be. 

I've bought an outfit to wear to my daughter's dance concert. Literally all I have is leggings and a couple of pairs of maternity pants. I do have other clothes but can't breastfeed in them. I also put something on layby for Christmas Day. 

Hoping I can get the weight moving again. 

• Like 1

So in the last 2 or so weeks I had gained weight. I'm down 1kg from the highest weight but am 700 grams heavier from my lowest weight. Not sure if maybe when I was at my lowest weight if I had dehydration or what's going on but really trying to lose. I'm joining the gym next year as soon as I have the money (I don't want anything else on direct debit) and I'm thinking of going vegan again after Christmas. 

• Like 2

So in the last 2 or so weeks I had gained weight. I'm down 1kg from the highest weight but am 700 grams heavier from my lowest weight.

I'm confused! :rolleyes:But overall you are lighter than pre-pregnancy?  Maybe you'd like to add a weight loss ticker onto your signature?

Not sure if maybe when I was at my lowest weight if I had dehydration or what's going on but really trying to lose. I'm joining the gym next year as soon as I have the money (I don't want anything else on direct debit) and I'm thinking of going vegan again after Christmas. 

Just wondering why you are thinking of going vegan again?

I haven't weighed myself today, but will tomorrow am.

I'm having a crappy week.  I was out on Sunday, my house was broken into, and I got burgled.  The stress has kicked off a ME/CFS relapse :( .

• Like 1

I'm having a crappy week.  I was out on Sunday, my house was broken into, and I got burgled.  The stress has kicked off a ME/CFS relapse

Geez Denzel, I feel for you. Being burgled is such a violation of your privacy and of your personal space and what a crappy thing to have happen at this time of the year. I hope you have friends and family around you to help you through this rotten experience. 

I had my 18 month check up with my surgeon yesterday and according to his scales I'm at goal weight. By my scales I still have 900g to go - my weight this morning on my scales was 80.9kg which is a loss this week of 300g. I'm going to hold off the celebrations until I reach goal weight on my scales.

Boganlicious, hang in there. Life after giving birth is not always easy.

• Like 2

Quick reply this week, not feeling too good. Ate some ice cream, used to be able to eat whole tub no probs, but just had a cup and feeling real yuk. Good reminder. Up 300gms this week to 66.8, probably ice cream ha. So excited for you Millymollymandy and well done Boganlicious for being accountable. Wish everyon good luck for this time of year.

I so feel for you with the reaction to ice cream. I just can't eat it since being sleeved. On the couple of occasions I've been stupid enough to eat ice cream . 

1. the lactose and sugar has sent me racing to the toilet

OR

2. The ice cream seems to get stuck in my throat and I can't swallow or breathe and it sends me into an absolute panic and I start gagging (not nice to witness this believe me)

Does anyone else have issues with ice cream?.

Sorry, didn't meant to confuse anyone. I've lost 14kgs. I had lost 14.7kgs at one stage but then gained back some and then lost some of it again. 

• Like 1

I'm having a crappy week.  I was out on Sunday, my house was broken into, and I got burgled.  The stress has kicked off a ME/CFS relapse :( .

oh shit! I just read you were broken into. That's terrible. When I still lived at home with family we were broken into and I remember how bad it felt. 

Sorry, didn't meant to confuse anyone. I've lost 14kgs. I had lost 14.7kgs at one stage but then gained back some and then lost some of it again. 

Very well done! 

• Like 1

I had my 18 month check up with my surgeon yesterday and according to his scales I'm at goal weight. By my scales I still have 900g to go - my weight this morning on my scales was 80.9kg which is a loss this week of 300g. I'm going to hold off the celebrations until I reach goal weight on my scales.

Congratulations!  Absolutely fantastic and well done!   :D

I so feel for you with the reaction to ice cream. I just can't eat it since being sleeved. On the couple of occasions I've been stupid enough to eat ice cream . 

1. the lactose and sugar has sent me racing to the toilet

OR

2. The ice cream seems to get stuck in my throat and I can't swallow or breathe and it sends me into an absolute panic and I start gagging (not nice to witness this believe me)

Does anyone else have issues with ice cream?.

I've only had it twice since I've been sleeved, which has been nearly three years.  Delicious!  The last time I had some I shared a double soft top with two Greyhounds - it didn't take much for me to feel as though I had had sufficient.

Having said that, now in this hot weather I'd really like some.  In fact, I am contemplating getting some salted caramel no added sugar ice cream Peters brand for Christmas. 

• Like 1

OMG, Denzel, thats terrible. I hope things improve for you (big time) you deserve only nice things. 

Dont be so hard 0n yourself Boganlicious, you are doing so well, imagine this time next year, wow.

Even though you havent reached your personal goal, it must have been fantastic to hear the surgeon say you are there, Millymollymandy. Sooo close now.

I lost 200gms this week so back to 66.6. Ill gladly take that, especially this time of year. As for the ice-cream, Aldi sell a gelati in little cups 4per box and they are hazelnut flavour. Im ok if i eat these as they are portion controlled, but i have to eat them very slowly and wait awhile before moving afterwards. Last week it was out of a tub and it was actually frozen custard ( bulla i think) and it was toooo creamy and sat heavily even after losing half of it. Sorry tmi.

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone and i hope you get something special Denzel. Cheers.

• Like 2

Hi @Millymollymandy, @Boganlicious and @soul sister.  Thank you all for your kind thoughts, very much appreciated  :) .  One thing that has been good of this burglary is that it has forced me to go through the contents of a cupboard (that had been strewn all over the floor), and sort stuff out!  But I really didn't need this the week before Christmas, when there is other stuff I need to do. It has taken me three days ... and I still have another two bedrooms to face.

Super congratulations to @soul sister for getting back to her personal number!

@Boganlicious - you are doing so well considering you haven't had WLS and you have just had a baby!  Enjoy your new special outfit  :).   I'm not going out to buy anything new as I am on a limited budget - most of my clothes are from the Op Shop anyway!  I am having a super casual Christmas, but full on for me as I have done the organising!  Group Greyhound walk followed by breakfast (BYO).  So I can get away with a skirt and a Christmas t-shirt, or a cotton dress in green is what I shall be wearing.

*phew* I am down 1 kg this week to 51.16 kg, BMI 21.7

Wishing everyone a Very Happy Christmas, and be kind to yourself. Maybe have a taste of the special Christmas treats that you really can't resist, but skip others.  Try not to overindulge to the extent that you regret it the next day.  

• Like 2

Op Shops are awesome. Unfortunately a lot that I fall in love with is very small sizes but one day they will fit. 

I will try to add a ticker but Ok here goes (I cannot believe I'm going to mention my weight) 

Highest weight (full term pregnant with son) 126.4kgs

Lowest weight ever and goal 55kgs

Pre Pregnancy Weight 117kgs

Current weight 112.4kgs 

My bmi has dropped. I'm still obese but not as much which is great. Will work out later on how many bmi points I've lost. 

• Like 1