Weigh In Wednesday

2,344 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I confess.  I haven't.  Weighed myself.

I've been eating, and eating, and eating.

And I can feel the results.

I am not accountable to myself.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

Denzel, it seems youre in a bad hedspace at the moment.. Maybe give yourself a couple weeks off then start again throught the stages ie opti, puree, mushies and solids.

Pretend its a fresh start. Lay some of your favourite outfits out to remind yourself how far youv come. Good luck were all behind you and im sure i will need you to boost me in the future.

Only lost 100gms this week, but saw my sugeon and got a gold star.

Hope everyone else had a great week. Cheers.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I've Been too scared to get on the scales. Seems I feel a lot hungrier lately. Yesterday was back to school day so I completely forgot the day too. I will be weighed at my consult on the 21st of February so may stay off the scales until then. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I weighed myself yesterday. It was after 2 coffees but close enough. Yeah not good. 115.9kgs. On the plus side school is back and we generally walk. I drove to the first day of school as the bag was too heavy with booklist items and yesterday I drove to school as was meant to run errands but had to go home after to feed baby before going out. 

I'm hungrier so I'll be honest I'm eating more. I guess all I can do is be honest at my appointment on the 21st which will be here soon. 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Yesterday came and went, and I forgot!  Happy 3rd Sleeve Surgiversary to me!  No regrets! :) 

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Hi @Boganlicious - have you someone to come along to your appointment with you?  If you don't, do you want me or another Perth bandingtogether folk to go with you? 

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Hi @Boganlicious - have you someone to come along to your appointment with you?  If you don't, do you want me or another Perth bandingtogether folk to go with you? 

Denzel, that's so sweet! I will be ok. My husband has work but I've asked him to let me know if he thinks of any questions he has. I have questions about the staples, if he stitches as well as staples, barium swallow post surgery, his leak rate, strictures and also if permanent food intolerances are common. Is there anything else I should be asking? I've also decided when I get a surgery date (fingers crossed all goes well and I'm not rejected) that I'll just be honest with my in laws because it will be hard to hide the liquid stage Pre and post op as well as purée because we catch up every fortnight for a family dinner. Since having my son I've started to speak my mind more. They are the type that if they didn't agree with the surgery wouldn't say anything to me and talk about it amongst themselves. I'm getting excited to make this change. A little nervous too. My brother asked if I would miss being able to eat large portions and yes I think I will but the benefit of losing weight outweighs that. 

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

@Boganlicious - good on you!  You've obviously done your research :)  . Which surgeon will you be seeing?  Yes, best being honest with close folk - makes it easier all round, as it's hard to maintain the web of deceit.  From experience, you won't miss the large portions, as you won't be able to fit them in! Fantastic eh! 

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

@Boganlicious - good on you!  You've obviously done your research :)  . Which surgeon will you be seeing?  Yes, best being honest with close folk - makes it easier all round, as it's hard to maintain the web of deceit.  From experience, you won't miss the large portions, as you won't be able to fit them in! Fantastic eh! 

I'm seeing the bariatric gp and in 3 months time the surgeon but there's 3 so unsure which one. There's Dr Yong and Professor Moroz  that I know of but don't remember the other surgeon's name. 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Yesterday came and went, and I forgot!  Happy 3rd Sleeve Surgiversary to me!  No regrets! :) 

Congratulations Denzel. You continue to do so well with your maintenance of your goal weight and your determination to lead a healthy and active lifestyle.

I've had a crap fortnight with an unexpected 8 night stay in hospital. My weight this morning was 82.1kg AAAAGGGH!!! That is a gain of 2.4kg in less than a fortnight. Hopefully most of this will be fluid that will make its way out of my body very quickly. I'm on very limited exercise for a while so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I'm hoping everyone else has had a successful week.

Molly

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hope everything is ok for you Millymollymandy. D0nt worry about the kilos, i put about 3kg on when i went on my cruise and it just fell off again when i got back on track, didnt even have to try hard.

Congrats on your surgiversary Denzel, what a long way, we have all come. Its really hard to fathom the differences, wouldnt change a thing.

Im up to 67.1 so put on a few grams this week. Still feel fab.

Good luck with your new adventure Boganlicious, you wont be sorry. Cheers.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Still struggling with a ME/CFS relapse - very drained, fatigued and low function.  Basically all I do is walk the dog/s early am and that's it.  I spend the rest of the day on my bed.

Current weight 53.2 kg, BMI 22.5  Cellulite has returned to my thighs and lower arms :( .

I hope everyone else is travelling well.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Denzel, sorry to read that you are struggling with ongoing health issues. Weight is a secondary concern until you get your health back on track.

I'm down 200g this week so I'm still considerably heavier than before I went into hospital and I'm still over goal weight. This just reinforces in my mind how important it is to be able to exercise - which I'm still banned from doing. Who would have thought that at my advanced age I'd end up an exercise junkie!

Soul Sister and Boganlicious, I hope you've had great weeks.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I have my appointment in a week so will weigh myself on their scales. I've been doing running club all 3 days per week that it's on starting from last week. It's before school and my daughter does it with me. We do 2 laps of the oval we jog some but mainly walk it. The goal is to get to 3 laps but we haven't made it yet. Sometimes they do sprints afterwards. I don't I'm not up to sprinting. I'm excited to see what happens at my appointment. 

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Denzel, i totally agree with Millymollymandy. Just get better, our thoughts are with you.

Im the same this week 67.1 must confess ive been a bit heavy on the snack foods lateley. Really loving sour cream grain waves yum, will have to alter something else to allow a few of these treats.

Keep up the good work Millymollymandy, you'll be back under in no time.

Good luck Boganlicious, a scary, but exciting time lies ahead, enjoy the journey. Cheers.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

My weight this morning was 81.8kg, so down 100g this week. Still 1.8kg over my goal weight but slowly losing.

Denzel, I hope you’ve turned the corner with your health.

Soul Sister, keep up the good fight.

And jogging Boganlicious? You are far fitter than I am!

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

@Millymollymandy I only jog like 1/4 of a lap then walk but every bit counts. I was weighed at my appointment today: 116.7kgs. I made my own post in the sleeve section. 2 year wait for surgery so considering using my super for the gap. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Havent read your post in sleeve section yet Boganlicious. 2 years, wow, that is a long wait. Hope you get to make it happen before then.

You're back on track Millymollymandy, can you imagine what you would have given to be this weight 1year ago. I still have trouble getting my head around how far weve come. Im 66.7 this week so all good. Hope all is well with you Denzel.

I will be awol for couple weeks, were off on a road trip, will be thinking of you guys, especially on Wednesdays. Cheers.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Health-wise and functionality-wise I've improved, but still needing an afternoon sleep. I had two months of sore joints in my fingers and hands, but that on the whole has improved.

My weight has gone up to 53.97, BMI 22.9  It's a case now of cutting back on food intake. I'm looking well-padded :( .  Needless to say, lots of clothes I can no longer fit in to. 

Good on you @soul sister - you continue to remain at your goal weight. I hope that you have a happy and safe road trip!  I will miss your updates.

Well done @Millymollymandy!

@Boganlicious - I am so impressed by your jogging!  I couldn't jog that far!  Well done! 

1 person likes this