It's Wednesday! I was weighed at my consult yesterday. 116.9kgs. So I'm staying around the same give or take a few hundred grams depending on the day. Just waiting on my quote and paperwork for super then need gp to fill out his forms and I can submit it! 

• Like 2

My weight this morning was 79.6kg so I am back under my goal weight and feeling very proud of myself.

Boganlicious, I've been reading all you posts on your preparation for surgery. Keep up the hard work and it will benefit you come operation time.

Denzel how are you tracking? You've been having a shocking run with ill health.

• Like 2

Good on you @Millymollymandy!  Well done!

Well, I've had 7 months of hideousness.  Only when I went back on it recently, after going off it when I had severe gastroenteritis at the beginning of last August, did I feel better.  Cymbalta (for nerve pain - fibromyalgia).   Apparently I had gone through "Cymbalta Withdrawl Syndrome".   Anyway, I am feeling heaps better, have more energy and am more functional.

I've been off-balance for the last couple of days, today particularly so, as I had run out of my anti-vertigo medication.  Saw the GP today, got a script, got it filled , and have taken it to good effect.

My weight has climbed up to 54.88 kg, BMI 23.29  I look plump :( .

• Like 1

Seven months post op and my weight loss has well and truly slowed down. At my last visit ( late December) my surgeon has said he doesn’t believe I will loss anymore weight. 

I have a goal to lose 10kgs this year though. So I was hoping I could join you guys here to stay accountable? 

So far this year (since New Year’s Eve)  I have already lost 3.6kgs. So 9 months to lose 6.4kgs.  

Pre-Op: 123kgs 

Start of 2018: 79.9kgs 

Currently: 76.3kgs 

Total loss: 46.7kgs 

Edited by Mandy
  • Like 3

That's an outstanding achievement @Mandy!  Very well done and congratulations!

:) 

• Like 2

Thanks @denzel, it’s been life changing. Now to lose that last little bit and reach my goal :) 

• Like 1

I’m late with my post yet again. My weight on Wednesday was 79.9kg so a gain of 300g. Too many Turkish delight Easter eggs this week.

Welcome Mandy. It’s great to have another person joining us for Weigh In Wednesday. You have done so well with your weight loss so far.

Molly

• Like 1

Oh I’m late this week too. 

Had a 0.5 kg loss this week. 

Overall total : 47.2kgs 

10 kgs in 2018 goal progress : 4.1kgs (only 5.9kgs to go). 

Thanks for the welcome Molly :) 

• Like 1

I'm down 100g this week. My weight this morning was 79.8kg. As I said in my post in Non Scale Victories, from now on I am focussing on maintaining my weight rather than losing. I am becoming obsessive with the weight loss which is not a good thing. It's not unusual for me to weigh myself multiple times throughout the day. I've booked in for a few visits with the psych who works with my surgeon and I will continue my regular visits with the dietitian as I definitely need to readjust my mindset from loss to maintenance.

How did everyone else go with their weight loss this week?

Molly

• Like 1

FINALLY - I am reporting in!  And on a Wednesday at that!  I have had another hideous week of health.  I think that I had intercostal neuralgia - it felt like trigeminal neuralgia which I've had before (nasty), but located just under my left ribs.  My GP sent me to hospital to exclude cardiac after doing an ECG and giving me aspirin.  Had another ECG done there, chest x-ray, and bloods taken for troponin - all fine.   Anyway, I had many distrubed nights with little sleep, and no sleep at all one night.  I had it in total for over a week.  :( .

Weight-wise I can FINALLY report that there has been a downturn on the scales.  Weight = 53.61 kg, BMI = 22.7 *phew*.

I had no indiscretions food-wise over Easter.

• Like 1

As I said in my post in Non Scale Victories, from now on I am focussing on maintaining my weight rather than losing.

That sounds good.

I am becoming obsessive with the weight loss which is not a good thing. It's not unusual for me to weigh myself multiple times throughout the day.

It's great that you have realised that you have developed a problem.

I've booked in for a few visits with the psych who works with my surgeon and I will continue my regular visits with the dietitian as I definitely need to readjust my mindset from loss to maintenance.

That's fantastic!

All the best!

:)

• Like 1

Not happy Jan.  I thought that I'd be reporting in, dancing a jig.  I've been active, been careful with what I eat.  And have freakin' gained weight :( .  Weight 54.61 kg, BMI = 23.17.

• Like 1

So I saw the surgeon yesterday and weighed in on his scales, 118.1kgs (yikes). I think last time I was 116.9 or 117.1kgs (I do vary). He was working out my bmi and I told him I'd gained a kilo and he said don't worry we're going to make you lose it! I start Opti in just under 2 weeks. I'm not going to go crazy with food leading up to it because then I will just gain even more weight and have to lose more. 

I plan to make yummy things with my veggies on Opti (eggplant parmigiana without cheese, miso soup with veggies, diet jelly, etc to keep me full and not hangry). I've had my last supper of Indian a few weeks ago just in case my taste buds change or I can't stomach it post op. I enjoyed every bite. That's pretty much all I really wanted as it's one of my favourite meals. We are going on a date night this weekend which I'm looking forward to but I'm scared everyone is going to be judging my size or laughing at me behind my back. I even wanted to cancel. I cannot wait to be a healthy weight and look forward to going out in public. I notice I get looked at a lot in public and I don't think it's a wow she's hot look. 

I'm rambling again. 

• Like 2

I lost 600g this week...so much for concentrating on maintaining my weight. As of this morning I am 79.2kg which is a total loss of 58.8kg in a fraction under 2 years.

Boganlicious, your current weight will very shortly be a distant memory as will the cruelty of people who have never had to battle their weight and don't understand the toll it takes on us emotionally and physically.

Denzel, you would be the first person to tell us not to let a gain get us down. The weigh you've gained will come off again. Keep up the good fight.

• Like 2

Thanks @Millymollymandy

I will never understand why people are cruel or judgemental. I don't like doing things like eating in a food court, restaurant, etc because I feel judged (even if no one happens to be judging me). That's me and my insecurities but I know a lot of people will silently be judging me. I'm sure once I'm at Goal weight and eating small portions I will be judged for that too. 

• Like 1

Weight this week 53.97 kg, BMI 22.9, down 630 gm from last week :) body fat and hydration % same as last week (despite a huge munch-out on cheese last night ...).
(Keep in mind my weigh gain was a result of Cymbalta Withdrawal Syndrome severely affecting my energy and causing me to eat more trying to gain energy).

I continue to follow a LCHF diet, and have made the effort to chew more and to take a break between mouthfuls.  I continue to use small crockery and cutlery.
I have been back and looked at the guidelines given to me by my dietitian post-op.  I had consulted her at every stage - pre-op, and then at every progression post-op, and have found a very basic guide for a plan for getting in protein when on full diet. 
I continue to walk briskly minimum 3.4 km daily with two houndies.
Still feeling very fatigued and drained with post-exertional malaise (ME/CFS), feel great in the mornings until after I walk the hounds and then it's downhill from there. As far as my "energy/wellness/health budget" go, I either spend it on walking the dogs, or other activities such as housework.  Walking the dogs wins out ....

I would like to consult a dietitian to get a meal plan for a bariatric keto diet.

Wishing everyone else a happy, healthy week! 

• Like 1

So I weighed myself and I am 2 or so kilos heavier on my scales than the ones at my surgeon's rooms. I don't believe I have gained 2.2kgs in 1 week and 1 day as I weighed myself here at home last week and was the same. I wish I hadn't weighed myself because it's depressing. Realistically I know every set of scales varies but then another part of me feels fat and disgusting. 5 days until I start Opti. 

I see the dietician on the 1st of May so I'm going to weigh in then (she consults at my surgeon's rooms). I will have been on Opti for 1 week so here's hoping for a loss of 1 - 2kgs on their scales. 

So I weighed myself and I am 2 or so kilos heavier on my scales than the ones at my surgeon's rooms. I don't believe I have gained 2.2kgs in 1 week and 1 day as I weighed myself here at home last week and was the same. I wish I hadn't weighed myself because it's depressing. Realistically I know every set of scales varies but then another part of me feels fat and disgusting. 5 days until I start Opti. 

I see the dietician on the 1st of May so I'm going to weigh in then (she consults at my surgeon's rooms). I will have been on Opti for 1 week so here's hoping for a loss of 1 - 2kgs on their scales. 

You KNOW that you haven't put on 2.2 kg in a week and one day, as you weigh the same on your home scales as you had previously!  Also, in the past you have found that your surgeons scales weigh more than yours. 

But it is demoralising  :(  , even if it isn't realistic. 

• Like 2

The scales at Joondalup where I had my appointment in the public system I weighed more. With my surgeon I've chosen (Dr Ravi Rao) I weigh less on his than my home ones. It's weird how they all vary. I know I definitely have gained 1kg between appointments with my surgeon as mentioned last week. I honestly can't wait to start Opti even though I think I'm going to be really hungry. 

• Like 2

Late yet again- and no excuse. My weight on Wednesday morning was 79.4kg. A gain of 200g. 

During the week I had to pick up and carry a young child who I was later told weighed 16kg. How the hell did I manage to carry around an extra 59kg for all those years when carrying a 16kg child had me staggering? 

• Like 2

I lost 1kg! Thank you Opti. The best part is the weight is coming off for good and I will never be this size again. Weight on my scales today was 119. 

So happy! 1kg in 2 days is pretty amazing. 

• Like 2

Well done Boganlicious, this is such an exciting time for you.

I stayed the same weight this week so I’m happy with that.

• Like 1

Well done @Boganlicious and @Millymollymandy! 

I've gone through some of my resources here at home,  and had a good browse through "Curb the carb" by Amanda Cross.  It's not bariatric, but has good recipes with macros and meal planning. Also goes through three stages of weight loss - fast, slower, maintenance.   A lot of the recipes are 1-2 serves for folk who haven't had weight loss surgery, so it's easy enough to split the meal up into servings appropriate for me and know what the macros are for each serve. 

GP double appointment (for other things) booked for Tues 1st May, and I'll request a referral to Dr Nicola Lowth, a LCHF dietitican, and try to get it under a Chronic Disease Management Plan.

Down 360 gm this week to 53.61 kg, BMI 22.7

• Like 2

I had a look at cookbooks and one was sugar free except it was full of carbs such as sweet potato, pumpkin, etc. 

My surgeon's blue book where it has lots of helpful info says carbs may be eaten once per month as a treat. I'm excited to start cooking new things. I've found a sugar free recipe for chocolate zucchini cake which is low carb. I'm making that for mine and hubby's birthdays in August. I might skip the buttercream icing as it has a cup of butter in it. No sugar but plenty of fat. I might try to find an avocado chocolate icing that's sugar free instead. I don't want to fall into old habits with sugar especially chocolate. 

• Like 2

@Boganlicious - Sweet potato and pumpkin can be eaten on a low-carb diet depending on where one's personal daily carb count is.  Sweet potato and pumpkin are preferred to potato as they don't have the blood sugar/insulin response that potato does.  :) 

• Like 1