Yesterday I had my official 2 year checkup and weigh in with my surgeon. My weight was 78.9kg. That’s my first time under 79kg and it couldn’t have come at a better time. My surgeon has told me to concentrate on maintaining my weight from now on and I’m more than happy with that advice.

Boganlicious that is an outstanding result for you. Are your friends and acquaintances commenting on your weight loss yet?

• Like 3

Hi @Millymollymandy a couple of weeks ago my mil commented I'd lost weight. When I was saying my rings were too big and I would put them on a chain a mum at school commented that I'd lost all my weight. I was like um no I have heaps more to go. Another mum asked if I'd started losing and I told her how much I'd lost and she was impressed. 

I don't know if others have noticed or if they have they haven't said anything probably because weight is a sensitive subject. 2 of the dance mums told me I looked amazing, they have both had surgery too. They were a week and a week and a half after me. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Millymollymandy said:

Yesterday I had my official 2 year checkup and weigh in with my surgeon. My weight was 78.9kg. That’s my first time under 79kg and it couldn’t have come at a better time. My surgeon has told me to concentrate on maintaining my weight from now on and I’m more than happy with that advice.

Happy, happy days @Millymollymandy!  Well done and congratulations! 

Today's weight 102.2kgs. Double digits is getting so close!

• Like 3

My computer wouldn't boot up last week, so it went off for repair.  I got it back today - it turns out that the memory card in the slot was the problem, the computer was trying to boot up from there.

Anyway, update time from last Thursday.  Down 500 gm to 51.8  kg, BMI = 21.9  Gotta be happy with that! 

• Like 1

I'm a day early because today I am down exactly 17kgs! 101.1kgs this morning. I'm no longer morbidly obese and am in obese class 2 category. Bmi has come down heaps and I love this journey I'm on. 

• Like 2

I THINK that I am about 51.75 kg, I had had quite a bit of coffee before I weighed myself!  BMI = 21.9, so about the same as last week.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Boganlicious said:

100.7kgs today. 800 grams to finally get under 100kgs. 

Congratulations!!!  :) 

• Like 2

My weight this morning was 79.6. which is a gain of 700g over 2 weeks. Sorry for the lack of communication. It's the end of the financial year and I've been flat out at work.

I've just booked to have 3 weeks in Germany, Austria and England later this year. I'll have to sit down and work out how much lighter I am than when I travelled last year.

Denzel, it's great to read that you are still on track and maintaining your weight. My surgeon was talking to me about the lack of longitudinal data on sleeve and bypass patients and that there is a growing concern about the large number of people who are gaining big amounts of weight at the 2 - 3 year post surgery mark. All the more reason to remain vigilant!

Well done Boganlicious. It is such a sense of achievement when you break through that 100kg barrier and you are so close you should be able to 'taste' it. Is it politically correct to use the expression 'taste it' with WLS patients? No offense meant!

• Like 2

99.6kgs. Total loss of 18.5kgs. Need to step it up now but I'm exhausted as I'm Iron deficient and the gp who does the iron infusions told me I didn't need it even though my iron is at an 8. He also tried to push a mirena onto me and when I said I would not have anything inserted he said I had staples in my stomach. Quick as a flash I told him that wasn't my vagina. I've asked the Receptionist to fax my results to my surgeon. I'm not particularly happy with the gp I saw. 

• Like 2

Down 160 gm for me this week, to 51.6 kg, BMI 21.9

I am aiming on having a "Dry July" so hopefully will move more and faster then, as while the liver is detoxifying alcohol it isn't burning fat.  I've had way too many G and diet Ts! 

3 hours ago, Boganlicious said:

99.6kgs. Total loss of 18.5kgs. Need to step it up now but I'm exhausted as I'm Iron deficient and the gp who does the iron infusions told me I didn't need it even though my iron is at an 8. He also tried to push a mirena onto me and when I said I would not have anything inserted he said I had staples in my stomach. Quick as a flash I told him that wasn't my vagina. I've asked the Receptionist to fax my results to my surgeon. I'm not particularly happy with the gp I saw. 

Holy moly girl!  You are very anaemic!  Yes, go and see someone else!  You DO need an iron infusion.

Re, the Mirena, I had one inserted back in 2014 as I had "abnormal uterine bleeding", biopsy showed Endometrial Hyperplasia.  It goes into the space within your uterus, and the low-dose progesterone works on the endometrium, keeping it to a minimum.  I had it inserted under GA as I was also having the biopsy done, and laparascopic removal of ovarian cysts.   I found it very effective, and have had no problems with it whatsoever.  

• Like 1

Hi @denzel I'm waiting to hear from my surgeon as I trust his opinion and he is very thorough. The test showed I have inflammation in my body I'm wondering if that's the Hashimotos disease. I have been told if your iron is under 10 you will need an infusion but all the gp wanted to do was repeat the test in a month. No good when I'm exhausted. 

Not quite Wednesday but I've been sick. So this is the first time I weighed myself in a little while. 

72.3kgs!!!

I am only 2.4kgs off my goal now (I just want that first number on the scale to be a 6 lol). 

I'm coming up on the year mark and I am rather excited to see how far I have come..Hope I reach my goal by the end of August. 

Well done to everyone on the progress you are making...it is so motivating to see. 

• Like 5

98.2kgs this afternoon. I do weigh most days and a couple of times I've gained but then a day or 2 later lose it plus extra. Trying not to get too caught up with those fluctuations. 

My size 16 jeggings fit but are tight on the stomach. Also I've got a job! I start Monday. I'm so excited. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Boganlicious said:

98.2kgs this afternoon. I do weigh most days and a couple of times I've gained but then a day or 2 later lose it plus extra. Trying not to get too caught up with those fluctuations. 

My size 16 jeggings fit but are tight on the stomach. Also I've got a job! I start Monday. I'm so excited. 

All fantastic news @Boganlicious!  Well done! 

• Like 1

96.2kgs this morning. I hadn't weighed in a few days so a nice surprise. 

• Like 2

Well done Boganlicious, that is great news. 

I’m actually weighing in on Wednesday for a change lol. 

71.7kgs this morning. 

Getting rather excited. My goal is within reach lol 

• Like 4

Down 300 gm over 2/52 to 51.3 kg, BMI = 21.77
My "Dry July" hasn't eventuated though lol! 

• Like 3

I'm back online. I'm having problems logging into this site from the iPad at home. I keep getting a message about the site having a dodgy security certificate and then I can't log in. So I'm using the work computer now and not having any problems with the log in.

My weight as of last Wednesday was 77.9kg which is a loss of 1.7kg since my last weigh in. I have now officially lost a total of 60.1kg.

It seems that I'm still slowly losing weight even though it's over 2 years since I had my surgery.

Great news from everyone else. I'm loving reading all your weight loss stories.

Molly

• Like 3

Once again not Wednesday but I just had to share. I finally reached my goal (to get into the 60s). 

Today I jumped on the scales to find I am officially 69.5kgs. 

I can’t explain how happy this has made me lol. 

41 days out from the 1 year mark and have officially lost 53.5kgs. 

• Like 3

Congratulations @Mandy!  That is outstanding!  Very well done! 

Up 453 gm for me this week to 51.98 kg, BMI = 22  However, I've noticed a trend in my body fat% slowly decreasing.