My weight this morning is 78.1kg so up 200g from last week. My fingers automatically type a weight starting with an '8' and even when I went to see my GP last week I told her my weight was 89kg - my brain hasn't caught up yet with the reality of my weight loss.

Denzel, I just shake my head every time I read about your weight. You are such a dainty person at 51kg - I'd be worried about you blowing away in a strong gust of wind.

Mandy and Boganlicious, you are both making such good progress. Congratulations!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Millymollymandy said:

Denzel, I just shake my head every time I read about your weight. You are such a dainty person at 51kg - I'd be worried about you blowing away in a strong gust of wind.

I am short - really short! :wacko: I have the height of an average 12 year old.

Thankfully my weight now is in proportion  to my height. When I was 82.5 kg I was in shape all right - round! (I don't have any photos of then, but do of when I was around 76 kg.  Hideous. No wonder folk don't recognise me now lol!)

• Like 2

94.2kgs! Very happy with my progress. I've bought a superhero costume for work tomorrow for superhero dress up day. I hope it fits! It's stretchy so I will try my best. 

Not long and I will drop down to obese category 1. I was told Sips surgery patients lose weight slower than sleeve patients however they lose weight for 2 years. I was expecting slower weight loss and I'm pleasantly surprised. Everyone is doing so well! Millymollymandy 200 grams is nothing. Denzel I understand the being short thing. I'm 162cm which is taller than some but I'm definitely not a tall lady and I've always tended to carry weight in my tummy even as a size 6 if I put on 1kg it would automatically show in the stomach. Can't wait for my stom to get even smaller. 

• Like 2

I missed weigh in Wednesday! I did weigh myself yesterday and I'm 92.6kgs. I'm finally less than my husband. Rushing to get ready for work hope everyone else is going well. 

• Like 2

90.8kgs today and down from morbidly obese to obese class 1. Bmi 45 to 34.6

800 grams to my second "big" goal which was to be 90kgs or less for my birthday on August 22nd. I'm going to make it! 

• Like 2

My weight this morning is 77.7kg, so I'm down by 400g from the last time I posted. I'm happily maintaining at a point slightly below my goal weight. I'm still having trouble with the site's security certificate when using my iPad, so have to weight until I'm at work to log on to this site. I've been watching everyone's progress with much interest just haven't been able to log in.

Boganlicious, you are doing so well and your weight is coming off at a very steady pace. Congratulations on now being classified as 'obese'. I know it sounds like an odd thing to congratulate you for, but we've all been where you are and experienced the elation and relief of moving from one category to another.

Molly

• Like 2

Well done @Millymollymandy and @Boganlicious!  Boganlicious, you have done outstandingly well!

My last weigh in was a fortnight ago, and I've lost 1 kg since then  *dances happy dance*.  Down to 50.98 kg, BMI 21.6, body fat % 25.5.  Onwards and downwards! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @denzel 

I expected the weight loss to be slower as I was told sips patients lose slower but more over the long term and I will lose for 2 years. I'm actually slightly worried I may end up too thin if there's such a thing lol 

• Like 1

I know it's not Wednesday but I made my birthday goal and it's not the 22nd yet. My goal was to be 90kgs or less and I'm 89.6kgs this morning. I'm finding it hard to believe I'm in the 80s. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boganlicious said:

I know it's not Wednesday but I made my birthday goal and it's not the 22nd yet. My goal was to be 90kgs or less and I'm 89.6kgs this morning. I'm finding it hard to believe I'm in the 80s. 

Absolutely fantastic @Boganlicious! Congratulations and very well done! :) 

• Like 2

up 270 gm this week for me to 51.25 kg, BMI 21.75

• Like 1

Hello all. I am a veteran member I suppose.. 4 years since my sleeve. I've decided to try and post here to keep myself in check because I keep gaining and losing the same ~5kg. Last year I gained up to about 71kg, lost about 3kg, then went to a very poor country in Africa for a month and lost a lot of weight in that month (4.5kg), so I know I can still lose weight. Unfortunately I've gained 4kg of that back and am very unhappy. It's not much, but it's the difference between my jeans fitting nicely and feeling too tight, and I much prefer when they fit nicely haha. It gives me a sense of confidence and feeling "okay" about myself, although I've always hated my body (feels like I hate it even more now than I did at 110kg!

Anyway. I'm starting today and aiming for a 4.5kg weight loss by graduation from medicine (FINALLY!) by december 5. I have bought a beautiful jumpsuit to wear and it is just slightly on the snug side so no choice but to lose it!

Starting weight Sat 18/8 - 68.1kg

Welcome and good on you @Satellites!

I know, 'cos I am such a short-arse, 4 kg for me = the difference in a clothes size !

All the best!

:) 

Weight this morning 50.48 kg *phew*, body fat % 26.4, hydration % 49.9  Down 770 gm in 11 days. BMI 21.4

So I've lost over 9% from my recent heaviest :) .  Still hanging out for next mini-goal to get to 50 kg, then it will be a big push to get  back down to 47 kg ... which will be a loss of 14.2% from my recent heaviest.  

• Like 1

Up 600 gm for me to 51 kg ,BMI = 21.6

Forgot to weigh in last weekend as my boyfriend was visiting, ate too much good stuff last weekend too. 

Weight this morning 87.6kg. 500g loss in ~2weeks. Not sure 500g actually counts as a loss but anyway.

Had a bit of a cry yesterday morning.. just desperately want to get back to 63/64kg where I felt good about myself. I find this all incredibly distressing as it seems so difficult to drop the weight now. My body seems to like 68kg. I do not.

Anyway. Powering on. Massive exam finals in 2 weeks and have banned myself from buying chocolate, but the stress and poor sleep probably doesn't help with weight loss. 

19 hours ago, Satellites said:

Weight this morning 87.6kg. 500g loss in ~2weeks. Not sure 500g actually counts as a loss but anyway.

I'd be happy with a 500 gm loss!

Had a bit of a cry yesterday morning.. just desperately want to get back to 63/64kg where I felt good about myself. I find this all incredibly distressing as it seems so difficult to drop the weight now. My body seems to like 68kg. I do not.

I can empathise, it is so distressing and depressing when those scales creep upwards.  Maybe try setting mini-goals? e.g. losses of 2 kg?

Anyway. Powering on. Massive exam finals in 2 weeks and have banned myself from buying chocolate, but the stress and poor sleep probably doesn't help with weight loss. 

Wishing you all the best for your finals. And concentrate on that and looking after yourself, rather than weight loss. Thinking of you.

84.3kgs, very small loss but still a loss. Can't wait to get to the 70s. 

• Like 1

Weigh in today: 67.1 kg (500g loss this week)

------------------------------------------

Thanks denzel! I'm trying to look on the bright side... I only need to lose 5kg, not 50 anymore (like back when I started). Still.. those stubborn last kilos feel like the hardest!

I think my problem is snacking. I've been tracking my calories and most of my calories come from snacking. So I'm really trying to not snack and if I do, just eat fruit or an egg or something. With so much downtime and study at the moment, it's so easy to snack. Still.. I can't fit into some of my favourite clothes so I need to use that as fuel to get back to the low 60s. I did it once, I can do it again.

(also typo in my last weigh in entry! 67.6kg not 87.6! I have not managed to lose 20kg in the last 4 days haha)

• Like 1