14 hours ago, Satellites said:

Weigh in today: 67.1 kg (500g loss this week)

Excellent!

(also typo in my last weigh in entry! 67.6kg not 87.6! I have not managed to lose 20kg in the last 4 days haha)

I wondered about that lol! Glad you clarified!

You are doing really well, and you have identified where the sneaky calories/food types are coming in!

I, too have an annoying 3-4 kg that I want to shift.   But I have dropped 4.5 kg from my recent heaviest :) .

• Like 1

A day late (again!).  Down 700 gm *yippee*! to 50.3 kg, BMI 21.34  So freakin' close back to my major goal of 50 kg.  Then I am aiming of getting back down to 46-47 kg.

50 kg *Yippeee* as of last Wednesday!  Finally!

Onward and downward! 

• Like 2

Same weight as last week, 50 kg.  But dropped body fat% to 25.5  BMI = 21.2

• Like 1

I'm posting later than usual. 81.2kgs. Haven't lost for a few days but we went away for the weekend and I ate lovely food and drank port. 

• Like 2

I haven't updated here for a while, but as i passed a personal milestone over the weekend, i thought i would. The scales said 89kg on Sunday, that's a total loss of 47kgs in 11 months and now 1kg less than the final goal set by Dr Dolan. Yes he said recently maybe another 3-4 might come off, to leave me at 86-87kgs, but i could not be happier at being under 90kgs. At 181cm and broad shouldered, 89kgs sits rather well on my frame, if i do say so myself. There is still some loose skin around my middle and i fancy that would be the other 3-4kgs Dr Dolan was on about, but i am not going to get hung up about it.

Has it been hard and was it worth it? Yes to both. The change in your habits is hard, especially when you stall and wonder how eating so little can have so little effect. But mixing things up and finding out how to exercise with your new body and system, seem to pay dividends for me. My cycling is so much better than before and gives me a massive boost in the ego department, to the point i started competing in local time trials and wearing one of those not flattering skinsuits. Could never have imagined me in one of those when i was 136kgs.

• Like 3

Good morning everyone. This is my first post in a month as I have been trying to weigh myself less frequently. I was becoming obsessive with weighing myself several times a day so I made the conscious decision to pack the scales away for a few weeks

. I'm off to see my dietician this afternoon for my 2 1/2 year appointment so I dragged out the scales this morning to see how much damage I've done. Pleasantly surprised that I've had minimum weight gain in the last month. My weight this morning is 78.5. so a gain of 700g over the month. I am very happy with this as I am still under the goal set by my surgeon.

I'm heading to the US next week for a 3 week holiday. I'll stay away from all those huge meals laden with fries and salad dressings but I fully intend to indulge in a few glasses of Zinfandel - my all time favourite wine!

I've really enjoyed catching up on all the news in the posts and wish everyone all the best on their individual weight loss journeys.

Molly

• Like 2

Well done on your maintenance @Millymollymandy!  Wishing you all the best for a very happy and safe holiday. Enjoy!

:) 

I'm a happy loser!

Down 810 gm for me to 49.2 kg, BMI = 20.8

Oohl it's Wednesday! I forgot to weigh myself but when I checked Monday I think it was I was 79.6kgs. Hello 70s! 

• Like 1

Up 300 gm to 49.53 kg for me, BMI = 21.0

77.6kgs yesterday, I was in a rush this morning and didn't get around to jumping on the scales. 

• Like 2

Yesterday 75.7kgs. Today 76.1kgs. I'm sticking with the weight of 75.7kgs the extra 400 grams is probably just bloating and will go. I'm 5.7kgs off my pre pregnancy weight with my firstborn all those years ago. I'm 10.7kgs off being a normal bmi. I was using the calculator last night and worked out my pre pregnancy weight of 70kgs I was technically overweight although I looked alright. 

• Like 1

Yeah I just did my bmi for peace of mind I'm at 42 bmi and the result says Your suggested healthy weight range 62.6 - 84.3kg but I know for a fact my perfect weight range is 80-90 so the top of the bmi range. In 2012 I actually got down to 85 and that was perfect! But after a year or so due to depression and other factors I went right back to 130+ and now I'm at 145kgs and decided my best chance for long term success is the ruen y bypass which I've got to wait 11more months as I only just decided to go with PHI. 

• Like 1

I’m home from my holiday in the US and I’m very pleased to report that my weight this morning was 75.6kg which is a loss of 2.9kg. I had to weigh myself 3 times before I believed what my scales were telling me. All that walking I did in NY paid off and the sore feet were worth it.

I”ve been following your discussion on BMI which still puts me in the overweight category even though I’m 4.5kg under the goal set for me by my surgeon. I’m 60 years old and starting to look scrawny so I’ve happily accepted that 78 - 80kg is best for me and stuff the recommended BMI.

Molly

• Like 3

Hi there it's more about height than age but for reference my mum is 56 and about 160cm and i think her best weight is i think 75kgs so i think right now your weight is spot on at 75 kgs !

As i said above the bmi tells me to be 62-85 which i know for a fact that 85 is perfect for me and that i may even go to 90kgs with some muscle growth with weight training once i do lose all my weight again. 

Down 1 kg for me this fortnight to 48.53 kg, BMI 20.59, body fat% 25.2  :) .  Getting closer and closer to my personal goal of 46-47 kg.

• Like 1

I've a dilemma I want to lose weight but if I lose it before my operation in 10months I'll no longer be able to qualify for bypass. I know how to lose weight that's not the issue. Its long term weight management that I know I'll get from that new bypass they do as it stops me from absorbing much calories and to curb cravings.... I'm down 1kg ( after a couple days) by just upping my protein intake each day... So its a catch22 because I don't want to gain anymore at the same time I can't lose much without being out of the obese BMI In order to qualify for WLS...