copperfire

Need more mushie ideas

I loved baked beans blitzed heated then a spoonful of sour cream and salsa on top mmmm.

Scrambled eggs? Mashed pot and pumpkin with bacon? Spag bog blitzed? Tuna or salmon patties - they are pretty mashy.

• Like 1

I too am in mushy stage and have made Shepherds pie, vegetable Frittata and beef stews to keep me going. 1/2 cup is giving me 5/6 meals at once.

Am thinking I might go onto transition stage though cause I haven't been able to get back in to see my dietician.

I blitzed what my family were eating with stock or another liquid. I had chilli soup, goulash soup, spaghetti soup, etc. it was actually quite nice as for the most part liquid and mushy stuff tends to be sweet. My favourite desert or breakfast was a kiddies pot of custard mixed with a pot of apple & strawberry purée. I also made bubble & squeak from left over veges and added an egg. This was very filling and quite nice too. Dahl is good for something a bit different.

your thoughts:

Would tuna patties - my recipe being tuna with the water drained from the tin (springwater), low fat mayo, cut up spring onions, salt & pepper, 1 egg then rolled in breadcrumbs be classed as mush?

If I blended the ingredients and then rolled in the breadcrumbs?

Should be fine shouldnt it?

• Like 1

Can of El Paso Mexican Refried beans, mixed with some light sour cream and medium salsa - all heated up in the microwave - delish!

• Like 1

bbq flavoured baked beans, pureed, are surprisingly delicious!

• Like 1

Tuna mornay with slendier fettucine added, mashed vegies with a little melted cheese, steamed fish with slices of lemon on it.

• Like 1

I too am in mushy stage and have made Shepherds pie, vegetable Frittata and beef stews to keep me going. 1/2 cup is giving me 5/6 meals at once.

Am thinking I might go onto transition stage though cause I haven't been able to get back in to see my dietician.

I am now day 7 post op. Second lapband after a successful 10 years from Dr Nottle. Had a hernia plus problem with the diaphragm so taking it easy Have just started the purée stage. I am also having quite a bit of discomfort at the port site but I do remember this from last time. Tried a sloppy scrambled egg yesterday only managed about half but living this site for interesting receipe ideas

• Like 1

just wondering if anyone has any other mushie suggestions to add ..... can't wait til Monday .... woo hoo!

I am supposed to be on purees as of Monday, Mushy will be the next phase for me...

• Like 1

hang ten chookie I got it wrong I am puree too as of Monday ... man I am dumb sometimes!

I see dietician tomorrow thank god, hopefully she can steer me into some good options.

how you feeling today mate?

• Like 1

Hey feeling pretty good today, starting to feel back to normal. stitches are still sore and muscles a bit sore but I feel like I am ready to eat and chew - I can't wait to actually chew food! At least with purees its one step closer to soft/mushy and then onto normal.

I think im doing 2 weeks of puree then 2 of mushy/soft so the new year should see me eating regular food.

I never want to see another resource poppa again

ahhh yes the almightly chew - oh how nice that shall be! bit longer for us gals yet Kate .... *sigh*

lol on the resource drinks - diddo here mate, I have about 7 left in my fridge - I look at them daily and think *NOOOOO* but I thought they will be good for when we having fills etc. for the 24hr period after then. mind you that's something you wont need to bother with so you could ditch yours! lol ( or send them here lol )

what ya gonna try on puree, Im thinking some whizzed up soft tin fruit, egg flip (maybe), sloppy mashed potatoe ... if I get desperate I have some puree baby food I got from aldi

• Like 1

Mushies....is just less "pulses" on the food processor right? lol

Avocado, sandwich tuna, soft cooked vegetables (non starch preferably), soft fruit without skin, casseroles, soft fish, scrambled or poached eggs, baked beans, spaghetti bolognaise (with pasta), slow cooked chicken in juices with rice, cottage cheese, smoked salmon and cream cheese and low fat crackers (chew chew and chew again).

These were all on my dieticians soft food/mushie/moist food list with stress on separating food and drink and keep to the same serving sizes as puree stage and of course CHEW and be slow.

• Like 1

thanks AB some great suggestions there!

• Like 1

I am on a mushies now, I made san choi bou ( asian dish with mince meat and you eat it in a lettus and squshed it all  up, but as long as I am chewing everything so its mushy and having things like Scrabled eggs, baked beans, toufu, vegies, dip like hommus or tzuki with water crackers but i make sure i chew properly all goes down with no problems at all.

I even have a drink when i eat also small mouth fulls but it helps to get it down a little.

I don't even know how much they put in my band i was pretty out of it when my surgeon came around he said it all went well and that's all i remember.

And I haven't been contacted about a nutritionist or anything....... is that normal???? 

I made my own dietician apps. It was not stock standard with my surg. I have not tried crackers yet still on soft food another 2 weeks. I'm sticking to these bloody rules 100% very determined. Glad you are well miz.

• Like 2

I'm with you Zen, I'm sticking 100% to the 'rules' for at least 6 weeks. My surgeon said just follow what I say to the letter for 6 weeks then you can do anything you like. A lot of the mushy is pretty similar to the puree but just a different texture and thicker.

I had some turkey meat rolled up with cranberry today and some beautiful dragonfruit and it was great.

• Like 1

I cooked up a nice piece of fresh salmon last nite was lovely, bit of cottage cheese with it.

Yeah agree 6 weeks really is not long in the scheme of things. I'm still not hungry....do you still get hunger kate? Can't believe I'm 4 weeks and one day already time is flying. ...nearly in the 80 ' s. ...have not been there since I had my girls ten yrs ago!

I'm not getting hungry and I don't really care what other people are eating. My husband had Maccas on the weekend and offered me a chip and I didn't want it (apart from not being pureed the idea of eating it didn't appeal).

I am feeling a bit tired and woozy at the moment, not sure if it's a bug or just 4 weeks of tiny meals taking its toll. I am eating 5 times a day though.

Yeah same here mate. Dh gets the kids kfc and mackers and I make my small plate of soft food.....so full on such a tiny amount, think I'm flat out getting through 800 cals.