vicstar

is it too early to start a September post ?

Hey everyone.

Just a quick question apart from me are there any ither male banders this month? I dont think there are but thaught id put it out there.

Hi Jenna Lee ,

I am doing good thanks keep us posted on how everything goes with you.

Hi V8T

Not sure if theres any men yet but there probably will be by the end of the month .

Hello Lovely People, What a mine of information there is on this site. I am being banded on 12th Sept, at Mount Hosp in Perth. thank-you all for being so honest and open about all sorts of aspects of your journeys. My BMI is 34 and so I don't have as much weight to lose as others, but with diabetes for 12 years and arthritis that stops me from exercise, I am desperate to go into older age a more manageable weight. I think of myself carrying a plane weight allowance and carry-on luggage attached around my body.Some-thing needs to be done!.

Luckily I did not need to do the optifast, but have tried it previously to try to lose weight. My GP was not interested in medications that may help with appetite. I am fortunate he was so positive in referring me without hesitation. Good luck to all those going to surgery in Sept, or any-time really. I will keep reading with great interest.

• Like 1

Good luck to those having bands this week. Slightly jealous :). I start opti today. Trying to keep positive about succeeding! I think every chocolate bar in this shop is calling my name already!! Have a house full of visitors and my hubby is away as well. But I know deep down I can do it!!

• Like 2

you can Nanny its mind over matter, just think you dont need the chocolate bar or biscuit/cake if you feel like something sweet have one of the opti bars.  Good luck

Hi guys sorry to be a downer I feel awful today day 3 post op but im alone with my 2 year old I have alot of nausea today and just feel horrible! I dont know how I am going to manage alone today I dont think it helps that im on an emotional roller coaster either! Well all I be in touch later today to let you knoe if I survived today without hurting myself.

Hi guys sorry to be a downer I feel awful today day 3 post op but im alone with my 2 year old I have alot of nausea today and just feel horrible! I dont know how I am going to manage alone today I dont think it helps that im on an emotional roller coaster either! Well all I be in touch later today to let you knoe if I survived today without hurting myself.

Hi Jodz

Hang in there.  You can get a reaction on day 3 after an anaesthetic just like you can get the blues 3 days after giving birth.  You WILL feel better.  Just be kind to yourself and know that it will pass.  If you are feeling really desperate, ring your surgeon.  Will be sending good vibes to you!

Hello Lovely People, What a mine of information there is on this site. I am being banded on 12th Sept, at Mount Hosp in Perth. thank-you all for being so honest and open about all sorts of aspects of your journeys. My BMI is 34 and so I don't have as much weight to lose as others, but with diabetes for 12 years and arthritis that stops me from exercise, I am desperate to go into older age a more manageable weight. I think of myself carrying a plane weight allowance and carry-on luggage attached around my body.Some-thing needs to be done!.

Luckily I did not need to do the optifast, but have tried it previously to try to lose weight. My GP was not interested in medications that may help with appetite. I am fortunate he was so positive in referring me without hesitation. Good luck to all those going to surgery in Sept, or any-time really. I will keep reading with great interest.

Hi Bandwagon,

Welcome to the September bandits.

Your lucky you don't have to do opti .

I am the same carrying a plane weight allowance plus a few extra kg .

good luck with your op and keep us posted how it goes . Surgery was not too bad the first 2 days after it I was sleeping a lot and the pain killers took any pain away and then every day I was a bit better by day 5 now and feel good I am aware of it if I bend but I am glad its done.

Hi Jodz,

Hope your day goes ok for you is there anyone you could call on to help you out.

try take it easy.

Daisy

Is anybody else finding they r not losing much weight on opti? I have been very strict and the only cheating i have done is by having a extra strawberry or a bit more cabbage and in 5 days hve only lost 1 kg.. I see some ppl lose close to 10kg on their opti phase... I feel as though whats the point i might as well go grab a chocky bar! Lol having a emo day 2day!!!

Keep with it I got off to a slow start in first few days then once my body detoxed the weight was more significant. Close to 10kg

Question for those already banded did you have to get a barium swallow done and how soon after surgery do they get you up and walking around

Hi MJ76 and Ashmee88 hope your both doing well after your ops! When you feel well enough let us know how you're going. hope you both have a speedy recovery.

hey Jodz  your allowed to feel yuk ! You've recently had surgery and your taking care of a toddler! Try to rest and remember each day will get better and better.  Hang in there!  you have a lot of support here.

Hi everyone, quick update- still waiting not going in till 6pm but getting very excited, just had my weigh in 99kg. I was 109kg on 8/8 so 10kg in 4 weeks is amazing. I only did opti for 5 days, my partner said "let's get a refund that was too easy" :-) Well yes I would like to think this whole process has been easy if was too hard people just wouldn't do it.

Stay positive everyone getting done this week. My anaesthetist just said this is going to change your life you are going to feel amazing.

And so we all will xxx

• Like 1

MJ76,

Where are you getting banded?

Wow 10 kg already MJ76, that is fantastic.  Good luck with your op, still thinking of you x x

Hi V8T Glengary in Perth, when are you getting banded?

Im getting done this thursday. I was qurious because i have to be at hospital at 1pm and and dont know what time surgery is. Hope it goeas well for you and cant wait for your posts

Hi guys, I've just had my surgery brought forward from 1st Nov to 27th Sept!!!! So excited!!!! I have a week on opti.... I have only told hubby and 2 girlfriends....I'm nervous as I really don't want to tell anyone but am so excited that I have officially bought my last fat clothes!!!

• Like 3

Hi guys so I rang dr dolans office explained about me not being able to hold any liquids down they asked me to come in and ive been sent for blood tests to check that I have no infection internally! So ill know in a few days. Sorry about the breakdown this morning just one of those days!!! Thank you for everyones comments good to see there is so much support on here.

• Like 1