vicstar

is it too early to start a September post ?

So glad you called the Dr's office Jodz and that they are taking it seriously.  Hope you are feeling better really soon x x

Im getting done this thursday. I was qurious because i have to be at hospital at 1pm and and dont know what time surgery is. Hope it goeas well for you and cant wait for your posts

I have to be at the Glengarry at 6:30 am so I really hope that I won't be waiting until 6pm :(

Hi Bandwagon,

Welcome to the September bandits.

Your lucky you don't have to do opti .

I am the same carrying a plane weight allowance plus a few extra kg .

good luck with your op and keep us posted how it goes . Surgery was not too bad the first 2 days after it I was sleeping a lot and the pain killers took any pain away and then every day I was a bit better by day 5 now and feel good I am aware of it if I bend but I am glad its done.

Hi Jodz,

Hope your day goes ok for you is there anyone you could call on to help you out.

try take it easy.

Daisy

Thanks for your reply daisy1971. I am looking forward to my surgery. It will be a change of relationship with eating, and I have learnt so much from this site. The dietitian was more helpful than I expected. My surgery was booked for  just 9 days after my surgical apt, but I was confident in my decision, so why wait?. I have been researching WLS for a few years now. My biggest issue is to continue to cook for my dear husband while not being able to eat much myself. Never mind. It will all sort itself out.

Well day one of opti done. I better end up with the skinniest frikken liver ever - just sayin' :) :) :)

• Like 6

Well day one of opti done. I better end up with the skinniest frikken liver ever - just sayin' :) :) :)

I have just completed day 4 - it does get better believe me. This evening is the first that I don't have a stinking headache and don't feel really tired.  I would even go as far as saying that I don't even feel particularly hungry!!  But I agree with you - my liver had better be flaming shrinking.

• Like 1

Hi guys so I rang dr dolans office explained about me not being able to hold any liquids down they asked me to come in and ive been sent for blood tests to check that I have no infection internally! So ill know in a few days. Sorry about the breakdown this morning just one of those days!!! Thank you for everyones comments good to see there is so much support on here.

Hi Jodz

Hope your feeling better. Did you get any fill in your band when they put it in?

Thanks for your reply daisy1971. I am looking forward to my surgery. It will be a change of relationship with eating, and I have learnt so much from this site. The dietitian was more helpful than I expected. My surgery was booked for  just 9 days after my surgical apt, but I was confident in my decision, so why wait?. I have been researching WLS for a few years now. My biggest issue is to continue to cook for my dear husband while not being able to eat much myself. Never mind. It will all sort itself out.

Oh Bandwagon you can have dinner as well just about a quarter of what your husbands having ...and it will be worth it!

Hi guys, I've just had my surgery brought forward from 1st Nov to 27th Sept!!!! So excited!!!! I have a week on opti.... I have only told hubby and 2 girlfriends....I'm nervous as I really don't want to tell anyone but am so excited that I have officially bought my last fat clothes!!!

That's great your surgery been brought forward and only a week of opti keep us posted how it all goes it is exciting

Hi - I have only just come across this forum and wish I had found it weeks ago. I am scheduled to get my lapband next Monday (9th Sept) at the Avenue Hospital. I was lucky enough to get Paul O'Brien as my surgeon. Like all of you I am anxious, scared, and a bit excited. I am hoping the band will help me to get on top of my weight. I am a BMI 39, so Prof. didn't put me on Opti Fast pre-operatively. The fact you don't have appointments and the diet before hand kind of makes it even more sureal.

Hi bigshoegal,

How did surgery go for you let us know when your up to it

I'm on day 6 of opti and after reading some of these posts, I've now realised why I might be getting the crazy vision that goes along with migraines but not the headache......I get that every so often but I've had it at work since Thursday.......wonder if it's opti related.  Well I've only got this week at work and then my op on Tuesday 17/9 so not much longer now.

Good luck everyone!

Hi guys,

I am a new September baby, banded on the 3rd of September.  I have been having liquids for 6 days and all seems to be going fine accept my stomach seems swollen.  Will this go down soon?  

I think I will start Optislim tomorrow  as today was the first day I actually felt hunger.  Is that normal in the first 2 weeks?

I'm on day 5 of optifast and lost 3 kilos already. I behaved perfectly on day 1, but been a bit naughty day 2, 3 and 4! Time to behave from now I think! Have had the headaches, but not too bad. Surgery is on 27th.

No more sleeps for me !!

wishing you all a fabulous day, hoping MJ and Ash went well yesterday, and good luck to all of us going today !!

will talk to you all on the other side... I'm being admitted at 12.30, surgery I think is 1.30 or 2pm ? not 100% sure, but meh, its today !!! yay !!

• Like 2

Good luck Jenna_Lee.  Let us know that you are ok as soon as you feel up to it x x

Have a great day banderneers my surgery is today have to be at the hospital at 12noon. Good luck to my twinnies Jenna-lee and chrispies. See you all on the flip side. Take care

• Like 2

Good luck you guys. Keep us posted.

Good luck HaysieJo.  Let us know that you are ok when you feel up to it x x

Hi guys,

I am a new September baby, banded on the 3rd of September. I have been having liquids for 6 days and all seems to be going fine accept my stomach seems swollen. Will this go down soon?

I think I will start Optislim tomorrow as today was the first day I actually felt hunger. Is that normal in the first 2 weeks?

Hi guys,

I am a new September baby, banded on the 3rd of September. I have been having liquids for 6 days and all seems to be going fine accept my stomach seems swollen. Will this go down soon?

I think I will start Optislim tomorrow as today was the first day I actually felt hunger. Is that normal in the first 2 weeks?

hi bandlady

I was banded on the 4 September and haven't got my appetite back yet I have about 4 liquids a day like milky custard yogurt a smoothies and soup not much really but I am sure it will be back soon I am back in work tommorrow .I do get a bit hungry but the liquids satisfy me. I am not complaining because the weight is going down . I am a bit swollen on my stomach maybe because I haven't been to the toilet are you going ok? And maybe because of surgery not sure really. Maybe start a new thread and the more experienced bandits will be able to answer

Daisy

Hi bandlady I've been on optislim since day four my hunger came back pretty much straight away I thought I was a bit of a freak I have a cup of tea when I wake up then I sometimes have a opti shake a full one then soup for lunch another cup of tea and soup for dinner. I dont know if I'm doing this right or not

It's so hard when you have so little to go on :( every time I have something I think I shouldn't its all just too hard today one of my worst down days today. I was banded on the 4 th. Ikeep thinking I'm stretching my band. Anyway hope the day gets better and good luck banders for today

Hey Daisy and foreverme,

Good to hear everything is moving hood for you both. Just wanting to know when your on fluids are you sipping or drinking as normal? And how do you know when the fluid has passed?