vicstar

is it too early to start a September post ?

Hi V8T,

drinking fluids I have to go slower than usual or else I seem to get a bit of heartburn or that sensation. I use a teaspoon for say yougurt mixed with a bit of milk and that seems to go down ok. I don't feel it passing through the band. A couple of times I drank fluids from a bottle too fast ( not gulping it down) just I guess not given it enough time to go down and I got the heartburn sensation. There is no fill in my band.

Not long for you now good luck with your surgery I feel great now everyday after surgery I had a big improvement on the previous day , all good

Daisy, do you feel up to work tomorrow? I've put in for 3 weeks leave as i have it there....Can I ask if you have noticed any weight loss? I haven't told anyone at work and I'm wondering if its going to be really noticeable? Also do you feel dehydrated at all with such little fluid in the early weeks.....sorry I have a million questions!!!!

Haysie and Jenna hope all is well thinking of you both. Yeh I'm banded first day was dreading the 4 hr trip home but they dosed me up on drugs so slept most of it. Pain is unusual it's like tightened feeling around stomach just getting some shoulder pain now. It like really bad indigestion. I thought I was going to throw up this morning but burped and felt much better. Bit gassy out the rear as well:-). Only sipping but feeling full quick. Today I had a v8 breakys fruit box, on the way home a up and go drink and tomato soup for dinner in between, sips of water with benefiber or borroca these are taken flat and seperate dietician orders. Tired going now keep you all posted.

Thankyou everyone for well wishes

Im ALIVE =]

Deff feeling sorry for myself ended up in ICU

but op was a success =]

Hope jenna and haysie's ops went well thinking of you girls =]

and good luck to all those who have op's coming up =]

Im about to blog my whole experience and take some snaps for you guys

so check it out if you feel like it =]

• Like 1

Hi daisy

no fill in band. I go on the 8th october for my first fill.good to hear all recent banders are doing well. Day 4 post surgery have some pain still but nothing serious I had to work today as my 2ic is very sick so that wasn't the best but im starting to feel normal again!

Can any of the earlier this month bandits hit me with some numbers?? I love hearing about successes :). Day 2 on opti just about over and I'm sure I can feel this stinky liver shrinking :) :) :)

• Like 1

Nanny, i lost 10kg on opti and i was telling the surgeon i was worried about the size of my liver because its always been fatty. He said thats the whole reason we put u on opti. He belives that most of the weight loss is from the liver. So thats pretty good.

• Like 1

Daisy, do you feel up to work tomorrow? I've put in for 3 weeks leave as i have it there....Can I ask if you have noticed any weight loss? I haven't told anyone at work and I'm wondering if its going to be really noticeable? Also do you feel dehydrated at all with such little fluid in the early weeks.....sorry I have a million questions!!!!

hi size10deam,

yes I feel fine now I will take it easy in work.Yes there is a definite weight loss a couple of people called in and could notice weight gone . I was 95 when I went to see the surgeon and had about 2 weeks before I started opti and I had more last suppers and went up in weight . The day before the op I was 92 and now in the morning on the scales I am 87 but as the day goes on about 88, I want to get to 65 so for every 3kg lost its another 10% to goal ,I am going by my weight with the surgeon, as my starting weight.

I do need to drink more water along with the liquids. I would think a lot of weight will be lost in 3 weeks if people ask you have you lost weight say your doing weight watchers or the Dukan diet.

have you been banded yet

Hi daisy

no fill in band. I go on the 8th october for my first fill.good to hear all recent banders are doing well. Day 4 post surgery have some pain still but nothing serious I had to work today as my 2ic is very sick so that wasn't the best but im starting to feel normal again!

not nice jodz having to work on day 4 but everyday you do feel a lot better don't you?

I am back tomorrow after 7 days but I do feel fine thankfully

Hi nanny ,

since been banded I am definitely down 4 or 5 kilos very happy with that as I am banded a week tomorrow.

Thanks for the info Daisy, my numbers are very similar to yours, I'm 91kg but only 5'2" so every kg counts! I'm glad you're feeling good and being under 90 is a great loss in a short time! I'm being banded on 27th with a week on opti from next weekend....ill be right behind you!!!

size 10 dream

you will have to have a week of last suppers before you start opti lol

Daisy1971...LOL!!! I have only told 2 people so I'm booking in so many dinner catch ups just so I can buy myself a couple of months before.friends start asking to go out or come over....it's going to be a busy eating week ahead!!! Lol!

Im ALIVE =]

but op was a success =]

Sorry to hear you ended up in iCU hope your alright now will have a look at your blog ,chin up get yourself better and let the weight walk of you !

size 10 dream enjoy the dinners it will be liquids and mushies for a while after that ! but will be so worth it

size10dream make the most of the dinners it will be mushies and liquids for a while after this week but will be so worth it as th kg melt away !

Hi guys.. I made it out the other side.. hope Jo snd Chripies are doing great x

Oh no poor Ash hope you're ok hun..

I was the only band scheduled foy yesterday.. went in at 1.30.. woke up around 3 but due to the huge cocktails they gave me ( due to my tendency to vomit on waking up) I was badly groggy till around 9

Feelubg pretty good this morning, bit tender but not too bad.. heading home around 10ish.. catch you all a bit later todayxxx

Jenna

• Like 3

I was the only band scheduled foy yesterday.. went in at 1.30.. woke up around 3 but due to the huge cocktails they gave me ( due to my tendency to vomit on waking up) I was badly groggy till around 9

Feelubg pretty good this morning, bit tender but not too bad.. heading home around 10ish.. catch you all a bit later todayxxx

Jenna

Jenna

Hi Jenna_Lee

Great that it all went well.  Keep letting us know how you aer going.

• Like 1

Daisy1971...LOL!!! I have only told 2 people so I'm booking in so many dinner catch ups just so I can buy myself a couple of months before.friends start asking to go out or come over....it's going to be a busy eating week ahead!!! Lol!

Size10Dream - Ha ha you sound like me!! Not being banded until the 30th so every meal seems like a last supper!  Like you I am booking in meals with friends so I can lie low for a while afterwards...  I don't have to do the Opti but am thinking of doing it the week before anyway.  I think I'd rather get the sugar headaches out of the way before surgery.

Im ALIVE =]

but op was a success =]

Hi Ashmee88

Pleased op was a success but ICU??  What happened?  Hope you are feeeling better today.

Hi Ashmee, look after yourself don't push to early, rest as much as you can. Congrats daisy and Jenna. It's slow going for me just resting lots, not too much shoulder pain just that bad indigestion pain and discomfort lying down better on my back than my side. How is everyone feeling with that?

• Like 1

Greetings fellow September banders...

Well it's the day before my surgery and I am OVER the shakes! I've lost about five kilos and am happy about that, but the last two shakes are gonna be tough to get down...haha.

Scheduled tomorrow at Dalcross with Dr. Florica. Looking forward to getting there...

• Like 1

Congrats to all the new bandits I have a week left of fluids yay I'm looking forward to mushy stage. I weighed myself yesterday and am down 3.5 kg for the first week. Xx

Jenna

Yay congrats jenna welcome to the banded life hehe =]

im all good =] now hows your pain i find it hurts more when you move =]

hope all is well xo