vicstar

is it too early to start a September post ?

Hi, I was banded on the 19th September last year. I have only just discovered this forum... So far I have lost 30+ kilos and still have a bit to go... :-) I am 5 kilos away from my own goal but the doctor wants a bit more....

Very proud of my success.. My doctor was dr Stephen Watson at Murdoch hospital in perth.

• Like 3

Welcome Shannie

over 30kg's thats fantastic! you should be proud, i myself have a long long way to go but i too am also happy with my progress and hope to lose 60kg by my bandiversary on the 10th sept...fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, well since my last fill I am still dropping the kilos but not big amounts, nice small amounts but I haven't done any serious exercise now for 2 weeks since I got this lung infection. As soon as I am well enough I will definitely be back on the treadmill. I have just registered for my first ever City to surf, very excited.

I am 78.5kg in size 14 jeans and even there getting baggy. I am so thrilled with the success of getting the band it has truly changed my life, I hope you are all still having positive changes and brighter more healthier future as well. Take Care MJ

• Like 1

yay MJ, I'm doing city2surf in Sydney too...

and now looking at doing Missy Muddy in November, and Tough Mudder in March

is going to be rough !

well done Shannie, thats great.. I had lapband on 10 Sept, and I'm down 26kgs...

• Like 1

I have been missing in action for probably close to 3 months.  My parents came over from the UK for 6 weeks and then with a new job to contend with life seems to have been getting in the way a bit.

Anyway I am now down 35 kg and for the last 3 months I have actually been maintaining my weight loss.  I don't know about everyone else but that is amazing achievement for me.  I have never ever maintained any sort of weight loss before.  I lost 34 kg before with a weight loss group - I weighed in at that weight for 1 night and then immediately started regaining it again until I was back at my starting weight.

My head seems to be in a good place for now going forward and losing some more weight.  Will see how I go over the next week and am back for a checkup with the surgeon on the 16th.

Hope everyone is going well x

Hi everyone....I'm really struggling...

Banded in Sept.  I lost 12kg (30%) of my total very quickly but have not lost anything really since Nov.  I don't understand it really.  I have about 6ml in my band which should be enough.  I'm not able to exercise (aerobically) due to a knee problem which is lingering, should be ok in the next 6 weeks though.  My food intake has dramatically dropped by more than half I'd say since banded.  I am getting the occasional stuck moment when I eat way to fast, generally maybe once a week, but generally I don't have any problems eating anything.

Does anyone have any ideas, am I the only one not having huge numbers? Could it just be the lack of excercise?  I am 83kg and 160cm tall, I'm still a size 14/16 but I really was expecting more.  I'm so happy for the others on this page, just a bit down about it all....feeling like I've failed. 

At the end of the day it all comes down to energy in vs energy out. It's still possible to eat high calorie foods with a band and even with small portions it adds up very quickly. I find calorie counting really helpful, you could try calorie king or my fitness pal. I eat 1000 calories a day and normally have a cheat day oh the weekend and still average almost a kilo loss a week.

• Like 1

Remember Size10dream, the greater your starting weight the greater your weight loss. My doctor has taken great pains to explain this to me constantly. My starting weight was under 100kg and I have lost only 15kg. Don't get disheartened.

Keep going.....you'll get there.

• Like 1

So we are all getting close to our 1 year anniversary's - are we going to have a reunion in here next month?

Hope everyone is travelling well :)

Im nearly into double figures, only 1.3kgs to go, but its moving sooo slowly now... I'm walking every weekend, but obviously not enough during the week...

time to up the excercise again !!

really want to hit 30.3 by my 12 months, then im 99.9 kgs! lol

• Like 1

hello hello my fellow sept 2013 bandits

where has this year gone!?!

things are going ok with me 53kg to date still not quite under triple digits but very happy nonetheless.  I think I'm used to everything associated with the band have fully accepted my eating will never be the same and as long as i continue to put in the effort i should continue seeing the results.  It does get frustrating at times when i weigh myself and see a small or no loss but meh! 53kg is a bloody good effort if i do say so myself.  So how is everyone else tracking??? would love to hear from everyone.

take care

Jo

• Like 2

Way to go HaysieJo you are doing so well.  53.3 Kg is such a huge achievement.  So close to double figures - I am willing you on :)

I am looking forward to checking in on my 1 year Bandiversary on the 20th.

Would love to hear more from our fellow Sept 2013 bandits x x x

I have been a bit unmotivated in the past two months, but I only put on one kilo in that time. Now I am back on track, and nearly but not quite in the green zone. I have lost 24.4 kg since banding, and my BMI has come down 10 points. It is the best health action I have ever taken, and love, love, love my band. I am very impressed with the efforts of other September 2013 bandits - good on you! Exercise has been a difficult issue for me but I will be starting a Hydro programme next week and looking forward to that. Looking forward to our Bandiversary!

• Like 2

Hello September bandits, well today is my 1 year bandiversary. (Is that how you say it....)This morning I weighed in at 81.4kg, had a recent weight gain due to being unwell for a couple of months and had to get 2.3mls of fill removed and still at 4 mls in my band. My goal was 75 kg so I'm absolutely thrilled with where I am at considering winter has felt like a lifetime, yeh to warmer weather coming on and shedding some more kg's, so far I have lost 32.6kg.

It's been an amazing year that's for sure.

Can't wait to hear how everyone else is going ? MJ xx

Congratulations Hasyie Jo you are a legend go girl:-) MJ

Hi September bandits :)

I was banded a week ago so I am technically a September bandit but this year ;)

I just wanted to say that it is great how most people here kept in touch after a year gone by! I have read the whole thread till yesterday's post! All the amazing success stories and how u all were sticking together through hard times..i have to say it was really useful for me reading all this and made me know more what to expect and helped me a lot make an informed decision.

So I just want to congratulate u all on your 1 year anniversary and wish u all the best reaching further goals or maintaining amazing healthy life xx

Cheers

• Like 1

hey guys, you are all doing great !!! well done !

I hit 29kgs for my 12 months, was hoping for 30.3 (99.9 kgs) but damn close !

down into a 16, and amazed that a year ago I was in a 22...

go me !!!

I have 21 kgs to go, but am very happy where I'm sitting at the moment !

• Like 1

I cannot believe that I missed my 12 month anniversary - I think my band is just part of my normal life now.

I can't even remember what I weighed on the 20th September but today I have weighed in at 82.3 kg, so a total loss of 40.7 kg and my BMI is down from 44.6 to 29.9.  Having a band was the best decision I ever made - I don't always like it but I never regret it :)

• Like 2

hello fellow sept bandits

Just wanted to touch base with everyone to see how everyones journey is going. My journey has been really good, weight loss for me varies a lot some weeks i lose over a kg sometimes 1/2 kg,  sometimes nothing at all. I am happy to say that i have reached double digits  (99.1kg as of this morning) yay this is a HUGE deal for me as i haven't been under 100kg since my early 20's so a very very long time ago. I hope to be somewhere in the 80's by the time my USA/birthday holiday comes around in March...my goal is to be looking fab at 40 (as my 20's and 30's were a complete disaster weight wise)

Take care everyone.

Jo

Hi guys,

I have been MIA lately when it comes to my weight loss. Haven't put on any but haven't lost. I have been doing hydrotherapy twice a week and making great progress, but making poor food choices. Last week I decided I have had enough. Time to get serious about this lovely band that cost me so much money. I decided to:

1. Track everything that I eat or drink in 'my fitness pal' for at least 3 weeks

2. Have no more that 1200 calories per day

3. Make those calories good food value ones

4. Lose 5kg before Christmas

5. Enjoy the journey.

Well, I have been at it for a week and I feel great. In control and once again enjoying the food that I am eating. Getting a lot of support from the support group here in Warrnambool, and from Sailorboy. I have been really honest with myself. I even managed to work in (calorie wise) a Rum and Coke yesterday after an energetic and fantastic day sailing in Bass Straight - I DESERVED IT!

I only weigh myself when I go to the banding doctor so I wont know what the scales say until 22/12, but everything is indicating that I am on track and fabulous.

I hope everyone is going well, if not, get on here and see if we can get something happening, or send me a p.m.

Let's all look forward to a happy and healthy Christmas.

Sailorgirl

How is everyone going a few years on?

Well, been a long time since I've been here!
Oooooooh the hope I had that this would work! Well, it kinda did. My band taught me to think about WHY I was eating. Went so far with my addiction to food that I look back and cant believe I was functioning like that.
So, a year ago now I was I was in QLD and saw a pic of myself on return. I only lost a small number of kg with the band and maintained 8kg loss over 3 years. So I found my surgeon (clinic I was at closed, think there was more to that but whatevs) and went to have a chat about what I was doing wrong. Nurse said to me "you havent failed, the band has". 

9 months ago I had band-bypass in one op. I am now lower than my goal weight and so close to being half the weight I was pre-band. 
I'm so grateful for what I learnt banded, and I'm a completely different person for this journey - def physically but, more importantly, mentally and emotionally.

Hi forever me and no more tank girl, wow time has certainly flown. 

For me band has been fine but I did plateau. I recently went to my surgeon to book a abdominalplasty and ended up coming out booked into to have band removed and sleeve done. I was actually 9kg heavier than I was at my lightest so band was starting to fail. I visit gym 5 times a week so thought perhaps it was muscle I was gaining, anyway  as he didn't recommend an adjustment to my band as I would be to tight and have complications, I also need to loose at least another 15kg before he would remove excess skin. I am very happy with the decision and in 3 weeks will have band removed and soon after that get sleeve. Maybe next year tummy tuck:-)