sailorgirl

Vegie patties with herb and tomato sauce

In my pre-op diet I am allowed to have any vegie except white potato, and a little oil. So I had the following for dinner last night and it was yum! Admittedly the patties were not that firm, but it tasted great. I haven't given quantities because its a great recipe for leftovers.

PATTIES

Cook some sweet potato and let it cool. Also cook whatever vegies you like, but cut into smallish pieces - I used carrot, broccoli, corn, sliced snow peas and sweated onion. Make sure that all of the cooked vegies are as dry as possible. Mash the sweet potato and combine the other vegies. Form into patties, place on baking paper and chill. Cook the patties in a hot non-stick pan which has been sprayed with oil, and turn once only. When turning, spray under the patty before replacing in the pan.

HERB AND TOMATO SAUCE.

Cook some chopped onion and garlic in a little oil, and add a few teaspoons of water till it is soft. Add a can of chopped tomatos, herbs (I used basil and oregano), capsicum and pepper. Bring to boil and simmer till the tomato is soft, and the flavours infused.

Enjoy - and it doesn't matter if the patties break up 'cos they still taste great!

Sailorgirl.

• Like 2