Ashme88

Need some mushie recipes good enough for the kids too

Hey does ne one have some recipes that i can have in the mushie stage but my kids would enjoy too i dont want to cook tonnes of diffrent meals every night =]

I'll tell you something I learned when I went through the mushie stage ... anything tastes good put through a blender ... lol.

I made Hungarian beef goulash for the kids, and put mine through the blender. It was delish.

Here's a good mushie recipe that kids love (and you'll love it too)

Potato and Tuna Pie (minus pastry)

Boil up some potatoes with an onion. (enough to fill a baking dish). Mash them with a little milk of your choice (I use rice milk) and a little Nuttelex Lite (or whatever spread you use). Add in a big tin of tuna in springwater, drained, a little curry powder if you like curry, some mixed herbs and parsley, a little salt and pepper. Mash well to combine. Put it into a baking dish and smooth top. For the kids, sprinkle over some grated cheese then arrange some slices of tomato and then sprinkle with a little whole grain bread crumbs and paprika or tumeric. Pop it into the oven for 20 minutes to melt the cheese and serve with steamed veges. If you over-steam the veges they'll be fine for you. I also have gravy with it.

• Like 1

Agree with tosh tosh. Today I bought one of those Emily's kitchen lasagnes, blended it and it was delish

I am really freaking out at the idea of blending everything... It just sounds gross.

Don't worry Sav.02, you will be so desperate for something that isn't liquid, that you will be hanging out for blended food!!!

What I mostly did though was cook in the slow cooker until meat and veg were pretty much mush...with plenty of sauce.

• Like 1

lol that's so true i was so stoked about my first blended roast chicken and veg!!!

its not as bad as it sounds

Savoury mince - heaps of pureed tomatoes, mince, carrots, potato, cooked for a long time so it's soft. The kids can have it on toast for something different.

• Like 3

I forgot to say I added a can of chick peas and a can of red lentils because I needed more fibre!