Sign in to follow this  
Nicoleo

Bouncing Back - Getting back on Track **HELP** :)

Hi Everyone,

So I'd like to think I'm not alone here, but over the past year due to several issues arising and having to have surgery. I had to get my band loosened and have gone from being 80kg back to 90kg.... 10 KG GAIN... !!! So fricking dissapointed. 

Well as of tomorrow I am finally getting a fill. I have felt like I haven't had a lapband for the past 6 months and have realised how much I needed it in the first place. I am going to be asking the surgeon to put at least 1.5-2ml in tomorrow I know this is going to seem like a lot but considering I feel like I don't even have a band I'd rather go tight and resort back to liquids for a few weeks. 

Has anyone every had this happen? How did you recover / get back on track and reach goal...

My sister is getting married in January. Mostly I'd like to shed the extra weight by Xmas though, so I've re-joined the Gym and have a personal Trainer on Mondays, Body Pump Wed and cardio/weights Fri. Also when I can I will ride my bike to work and walk everywhere possible... May be a little difficult as my 3 year old has just broken his shin last weekend but am trying everything in my power. 

If anyone has any advise please share :)

Thank you in advance xx :wub:

• Like 1

Hi Nicoleo,

I've been in exactly the same position as you.  I had to have my band removed and when it was removed, they didn't put any fill in so I felt as though I had no band at all and I took advantage of that and put on 30kg.  I am only just getting back on track.

When you have your fill, you'll find things will fall back into place.  And you'll lose that 10kg quite quickly.

Don't give up :)

Steph 

Thanks Steph, 

it's really quite disheartening when you get so far then gain again... But I WILL DO IT>.. I Have too!!!

How much fill did you get? Whats your eating like now? 

Nic

I wonder if it is worth sitting down and re watching the 8 Golden Rules. Get out all the original information you were given on banding and set yourself up to treat this fill like being post op with a new band. Relearn how to live with a band and capture some of the excitement and enthusiasm we had when it was all new.

Don't punish yourself for gaining, your tool was inactivated while you dealt with other issues. Now you can sart fresh.

I wouldn't push for big losses, just let the numbers do their downward thing without too much pressure on yourself. You will be smaller by Christmas and for your sisters wedding and that's good enough.

All the best.

• Like 3

Everyone has ups and downs. I just try to think about what actions have lead to a gain and what may have caused me to do that and then work on not doing that again or at least limiting doing that again. Personally I think long-term sucess means changing your eating habits permanently. For me that means, I can choose to eat as much chocolate, cake, ice-cream and other junk as I want but that would mean choosing to be obese again. So for me, I think about choices and the impact of making certain choices.

• Like 3

I think Caught between gives some good advice - I am constantly going back to review the 8 golden rules and trying to live up to them. 

Also Missy Belle has good advice with setting up healthy lifestyle habits that can be maintained permanently. 

I might take this advice myself...

• Like 2

I can't remember how much I have in my band at the moment.  I think it's 4ml?  

Steph

Hey Chick - sorry to hear you've had a bit of a rough time.

I'm sans motivation too at the moment and thinking maybe a catch up with other Darwin bandits might help. Let me know if you're interested.