hurricanesky

Christmas Banders

I went to Autograph and bought some leggings they had, 2 sizes too big and they are so soft and comfortable...and you can fold the waist band so it doesn't sit over your wounds

Just had a phone call from the hospital. There has been a cancellation so I'm now up first on Thursday. I'm starting to get really nervous and that sick feeling. I think I'm expecting the absolute worst, agonising pain, so that anything less than will feel better.

Because I'm the first procedure of the day, do you think I'll be able to go home that night? My mum is also a nurse and if there are any troubles we only live like 3 streets away from the hospital..

• Like 3

Just had a phone call from the hospital. There has been a cancellation so I'm now up first on Thursday. I'm starting to get really nervous and that sick feeling. I think I'm expecting the absolute worst, agonising pain, so that anything less than will feel better.

Because I'm the first procedure of the day, do you think I'll be able to go home that night? My mum is also a nurse and if there are any troubles we only live like 3 streets away from the hospital..

I didn't go into surgery till 1.30 in the afternoon, and got discharged at 5.

If your procedure is routine, it seems highly likely. Nothing like your own bed :)

• Like 1

i have a pretty high pain threshold, i think my thoughts are just on the tightness and the vomitting. i think they'll keep me overnight because the nurse said they give you a blue drink in the morning to show that the band is in position etc...

• Like 1

i have a pretty high pain threshold, i think my thoughts are just on the tightness and the vomitting. i think they'll keep me overnight because the nurse said they give you a blue drink in the morning to show that the band is in position etc...

I didn't need to have that, guess every surgeon is different.

I got antiemetic medication after surgery and pain relief and able to go home.

Good luck for Thursday :)

I have had vomiting after anaesthetics in the past, if that has been a problem, let the hospital know and they will use suitable medications. I wasn't even queasy after the banding.

Same here ....at least if your in overnight they can keep a check on you and staff on hand if you find you need strong pain relief ...enjoy being looked and we have payed for private health so get something back haha  .....good luck for Thursday :D

• Like 1

I have had vomiting after anaesthetics in the past, if that has been a problem, let the hospital know and they will use suitable medications. I wasn't even queasy after the banding.

i had a knee arthroscopy in june this year after dislocating my knee playing netball and i had the worst reaction to the anaesthetic! non stop vomitting for 3 days.. couldnt even keep water down! the hospital already knows and ill be explaining it again tomorrow morning to them haha. mums the same when she has it.. im just hoping i wont have a reaction to these ones as well.

took the nail polish off last night, picking up my vitamins tonight and going home to get dressing gown and toiletries all together.... wow, this is actually happening! :D

• Like 1

GOOD LUCK LMD!!!!

Thanks guys! I started to freak out a bit last night but had some big hugs from mum and my best friend :) Got to sleep pretty easy and woke up 10mins before my alarm. I'm showered and packed, the excitement is here!! I'm sure when driving to the hospital and getting into my gown is when I'll start feeling sick again.

I've broken bones and dislocated my knee so I'm ready for the pain! BRING IT ON! No time for nerves, I'm picturing the future and it's looking hot!! ;) haha

Thanks guys! I started to freak out a bit last night but had some big hugs from mum and my best friend :) Got to sleep pretty easy and woke up 10mins before my alarm. I'm showered and packed, the excitement is here!! I'm sure when driving to the hospital and getting into my gown is when I'll start feeling sick again.

I've broken bones and dislocated my knee so I'm ready for the pain! BRING IT ON! No time for nerves, I'm picturing the future and it's looking hot!! ;) haha

(Looks like my phone is also freaking out!) hahah

• Like 3

Hi everyone. Today's adventure started when arriving at the hospital at 7. By 7:20 I was in my room and all the questions began; "do you have any allergies? Have you had anaesthic before? Do you have a risk of falling?"

They wheeled me in at 8:00. After returning to my room I slept and slept and slept! Dosing in and out between 12:30 and 3:00. Had a couple of visitors and feel asleep for a bit at 6:00. Just got back from the X-ray to see if it sits right when I drank. Over all the pain has been ok, no shoulder pain yet but that might still come. Just tender around the openings and it's very important to do the breathing exercises. I'm aware that I'm only taking half breaths. Dinner consists of apple juice and soup broth and then more sleep. Happy to answer any questions :)

• Like 5

Congrats, day 1 done and dusted, glad to hear it went well, thanks for update, I'm sure will help the rest of us still to be done!

• Like 1

I went in and had my appointment 2 days ago, I'm being banded on the 17th so it's been a very quick transition from normal life to optifast without warning! I am feeling a bit nervous but it's great to be on here reading about other people's experiences, it's making me feel a lot calmer about it.

Great to hear it went well for you LMD, I can only hope everything goes smoothly for me too!

• Like 1

keep doing the breathing exercises, you want to reinflate your lungs properly.

It is good news that your op went well and you are doing just fine :)

Sorry for the potty mouth, but did anyone find they're a bit constipated? I think I'm scared to push for #2s.

Sorry for the potty mouth, but did anyone find they're a bit constipated? I think I'm scared to push for #2s.

I didn't go for #2's until day 4 after my surgery. It's not constipation per say, just no need to go because you are not getting any fibre. You will know when you need to go, and it will probably be a few days yet, and then it will probably be diarrhoea like because of the liquid diet.

I thought I would never poo again after my surgery ha ha 

• Like 2

if so I be glad for that relief ..cant stop going with this optifast...its a butt clencher and a bolt hehehe ...think I will be empty my surgery :P

Pleased it went well LMD.

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us.

Thinking of you and hoping you go from strength to strength.

My op is on Tuesday. For the first time in this whole journey I am more nervous than excited. I think the full weight of how much this is going to change my life has really sunk in today. I was thinking to myself that when I'm back on solid food I'd love to dig in to a big bowl of pasta. Then I realised that there were three things wrong with that sentence, I'll never "dig" into any food again. I'm a really fast eater and from now on I'll be slowing down. I won't be able to eat big bowls of anything and I probably won't be able to eat pasta. Things are going to be very different from now on, and whilst I feel like I'm in mourning for my old life of eating whatever, whenever, I'm so ready for this new phase in my life and not being morbidly obsese anymore.

A funny thing also happened today. My mum has a hernia and has been contacting doctors about getting it removed. Without realising, she has been speaking to the surgeon doing my op on Tuesday and is probably going to go with him. She only clicked when she realised his address sounded familiar as that's where she was picking me up from.

• Like 3