Sign in to follow this  
needtodosomething

SIOS Ashfield

HI Guys,

I just after some feedback. Who has gone through SIOS Ashfield?

Im looking at having surgery but don't know where to go.

Who love to hear from ppl who have used them or anyone in the west.

Thankyou

If you look just one post down :P you will see that I am SIOS patient.

I was banded in July 2012 by Dr Khaleal. Dr Seeley was my GP at the clinic who I saw for fills, and Patricia is the bariatric nurse who was also involved in the process.

I have found them very good (although much more expensive than others), but everything is included in the price - dietician, follow up appointments, fills etc. They are super supportive.

My only issue is that my beloved Dr Seeley who I saw roughly every 4-8 weeks since banding has just left the clinic to undertake further study :( He was a real gem, so I am definitely a bit upset that I have to get to know his replacement when they find one!

Hi! I just got banded there (6days post op) I've been really happy with them so far. I was banded by prof Wilson. I have my 1st post surgery appt on Monday so it will be interesting to see how it's all gone.

• Like 1

Hi Lani, congrats!

What is Dr Wilson like? I'm seeing him next week for a catch up and to get some blood test results since Dr Seeley has left the clinic!

He's lovely. Haven't had an issue with him so far!

Great! Thanks for that. Looking forward to a fresh perspective on my weight loss and the band.

Hi there!

I do realise this is an old post but I have jusy had my first consultation with Patricia at SIOS in Ashfield, NSW! JouJou hearing about your experience through them makes me feel better about going with them myself. They seem very lovely and very involved in the process. :)

• Like 1

Hi Deex,

That's great. I honestly can't recommend them enough. They are very supportive. 

I've since had my band out due to complications and I'm about to be sleeved with them too. Dr Talbot is my surgeon and Patricia is just great.

All the best

• Like 1

I'm having bypass done by dr Talbot in September and I've been very happy with them so far, Patricia is awesome, has been very helpful. They've also been really good with the fact that I live in Canberra so scheduling my appointments all on one day and at times that work for me

I'm a huge Dr Talbot fan. He is very thorough, and I can honestly say that after band out and now sleeve with him his hands must be so light! Both times I've pulled up very well and once discharged from hospital required no pain relief :)

• Like 1

Dr Talbot did mine 8? years ago now.  A long time ago.  Whilst my band failed - the team at SIOS were invariably polite, kind and knowledgeable.  I've only just realised (3 years? ) that Phil Seeley has left SIOS.  I heard he was working as a GP at a clinic in Leichhardt - does anyone know if he is still there?