Sign in to follow this  
Ozchick

The funny things that happen when you lose weight.

I had IPL on my chin hairs, mine were like stubble because of my PCOS. It worked amazingly, I used to have to carry tweezers everywhere with me. Alas, after a year and a half, it has started growing back. But in my opinion, it's worth it. I think I paid $250 for 6 sessions, and it lasted over a year. Better than having to pluck every single day.

• Like 1

Today, I was naughty and bought one of those home IPL machines. I read numerous websites and at least 5000 reviews so I did my research and decided to give it a go. I bought the Philips Lumea SC2003/11 and, in theory, I should be the ideal candidate with fair skin and dark hair. I have done my legs today and plan on doing my underarms and maybe my arms tomorrow. It has a facial attachment but I want to give it a few days before I put it anywhere near my face in case of any delayed reaction (highly unlikely but you never know!). I don't have any obvious problem facial hair or POCS but I would happily remove the odd bit on my upper lip if all goes well. In all honesty, the main reason I willingly took the risk on such an expensive home machine is because there is a 90 day money back thing so if it works - yay! If not, at least I can get my money back and move on.

I personally don't think I could afford to do all the lasering I would want done at a professional salon (although I have one picked out and researched all the laser technology) and if this works but takes a little longer - so be it. I can do my whole body and face and any future touch ups and only have to pay for the unit and subsequent electricity - to me this is worth it :) If it doesn't work - at least I get my money back.

I know IPL and Laser are different and I would have prefered laser and would opt for it at a professional salon but fingers crossed it works :)

• Like 1

I have the same one BeeBop :-) it's great to do it at home- I've done my underarms, the three wiry chin hairs I always got (that haven't grown back in 7 months yay!) and have started my legs.

Hope you get some good results!

• Like 3

Thank you :) I will keep you updated in case someone else is looking at this machine. I will probably give it a month to test properly though.

• Like 1

I have regular blood tests for my thyroid and every time it has been a real trial, they cant find my vein in my arm, Ive had to run up and down stairs, go away and drink heaps, couple of times they have taken blood from my ankle, last two times they have got my vein straight away, maybe weight loss has had some effect there

• Like 3

Laser reduces had growth by 80%. It won't get rid of everything, but with realistic expectations it's great!

I'm a lover of the epilady. It kills like hell at first but you get used to it surprisingly quickly!

Sigh...

Some things never change.

Unintelligible and inappropriate.

K

• Like 5

Sigh...

Some things never change.

Unintelligible and inappropriate.

K

Sadly some people will never learn Kate but what else would be expected from said person!!

• Like 1

What I can't understand is why said person keeps coming back here, only to be extremely unwelcome, and NOT ALLOWED?

• Like 1

What I can't understand is why said person keeps coming back here, only to be extremely unwelcome, and NOT ALLOWED?

maybe they want to be accepted and/or want the attention. I think only commenting on a post that is not offensive and/or rude is helpful, otherwise is just like giving attention to a misbehaving 2 yo.

Good Point, Missy.

I don't particularly like hearing about 2nd Chance's 'willy', to me that is kind of offensive. And call me strange, but it's just plain gross and not what I want to read on here. There are other sections more appropriate to discuss this on the forum, for instance, the men's only thread. I'm sure a lot of others agree.

I certainly wouldn't come on here talking about my private parts. But you're right. Your comparison to a 2 year old is spot on. :P

• Like 1